Reviews for Idolizing Corruption
o-SilentAbyss-o chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
I just started reading Totally Spies fics after reliving my childhood by watching some episodes of the series and came across this, lol. This is a cute story and I think you should continue. I don't know how AU this story is in comparison to the Totally Spies universe or what you had in mind when you first wrote this, but I think it's possible to make this totally AU or within the fandom universe. Since there are certain details that were not fully established: are these police officers from WHOOP, what crime did he commit, age (is he in his teens, early twenties?), what's the setting (time: late 80s or 90s period, what city/state are they in?), how did Sam know he was a criminal (was he wearing handcuffs/ broken handcuffs or maybe even a prison uniform?), etc.

If it is based on TS universe, you can have it written about what's going on in this chapter for a little bit, extending it from there, then move it forward to when Sam, Alex, and Clover become spies or are already spies. Or maybe even have it as Sam gradually becoming noticed by WHOOP as a spy and then become one, which may or may not bring it back to the encounter of Sam and Scam in the series or a different encounter entirely. I don't think Sam will remember it very well because I feel like she is maybe too young? (Although I can't really say since her age isn't specified) But from what I read, I feel like Scam might since it's obvious she's made an impact on him at the end of this chapter. But seeing as he doesn't know her last name and Sam, Alex, and Clover did move to Beverly Hills before becoming spies (in the movie) it's highly possible he won't make the correlation unless something reminds him or them of the incident (although I feel like this would have to be at the same time and they would have to talk to each other or something along those lines). As I have read in a book for one of my classes, "You don't remember what a person says to you or the situation, but you always remember how they made you feel." (This is just a paraphrase of what I remember from the quote, lol. I'm too lazy to get the book and find the exact quote right now, haha.) You can maybe use it later on. If you're interested, the book is called "Mindset" by Carol Dweck, a psycologist. It's a bit repetitive, but interesting since it's a book rather than a textbook.

On the other hand, having it totally AU and making it from a real-world view point has endless possibilities. For example, he could've managed to escape successfully and change his identity and make a new living from there and maaaybe try and find the little girl that helped him as thanks OR had an unsuccessful escape attempt, did his time, got on parole, and tries to make an honest living (if possible) and meets Sam somehow. There is also the question of who took Sam to the warehouse (was she kidnapped, did her parent(s) work nearby and she got lost somehow or was she at the park and perhaps wandered off or was at a field trip and got lost and then taken away somewhere? You can also take this to a bit of an extreme on Sam's kidnapping (was it human trafficking, kidnapping/ransom-she does live in Beverly Hills and has a giant house, lol, and if it is the latter will the people who took her come back for her?). You can even mix the two up, if possible, like if Scam escaped/ didn't escape and is making a living as [insert whatever name you like here: thief, assassin, mercenary for hire, etc] and is hired to kidnap/ kill someone aka Sam years(?) later to finish the job or keep her quiet and Scam ends up finding out who she really is and goes AWOL to protect her. That scenario can be used too, afterall she did move to Beverly Hills and you can use that background as an excuse for a move. But again, there are lots of possibilities. These are just some ideas I thought would be good for your story as I'm interested in seeing how you'd go about this fic even if it's been a long time, lol. Anyways, good luck with your writing and keep it up. I look forward to reading more in the future! :)

Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
cute and odd
Black Thorns Entangled K chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
This was cute the first time I read it, but even more so this second time. I love it! :) Especially as Tim appears to be so gentle with Sam. hehe
PhantomPotterGirl chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Awwwwww XD I've read this before but I still think its adorable :D XD
Himawari28h chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Awwww!How cute! & amazing!Are you gonna continue this story?
3liza chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
omg, this fic is awesome.. i hope its not too late to still continue.. but i think you should make Sam a normal girl instead of a spy.. that way they can both be evil hehe.. but its ur choice..

lovedddd it
Shrieker Of The Night chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
This story is definitely going to my favorites. So cute and adorable. I think its so cute that sam is helping scam even as a little naive girl. How sweet. _ The dialogue was simply perfect. I could totally imagine this happening. _
Happy-go-lucky-chick chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
aw so sweet, dont tell me he has a crush on a little girl though XD akward! i love this story D
Xaleria07 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
AW! Kid Sam is so CUTE! I love her. :D

LoL, this was so adorable! Sam as a kid bugging Scam as he's being a criminal WIN!

OMGOMGOMGOMG, there are no words just to say how good and cute this was. XD Definitely going in faves!

This would be so awesome to continue, it kinda reminds me of BSIP too except switched and TS instead! :D

Faia Sakura chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Aw, that was just the sweetest thing ever! _

Faia Sakura
shinobinaraku chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Aww! That's so cute! Sam's so naive, but awesome! I think you should do a time skip and continue this when Sam's a spy! Please continue the story!
Cresenta's Lark chapter 1 . 8/5/2009

Seriously I can't describe the smile on my face right now. It's like so huge and happy, and it won't go away :P

I LOVED THIS! Little Sam is soo cute. I can see her being all adorable in my head. And the pouting, must be so cute.

Aww she wants him to talk to her and he's busy trying to get away from the police.

Poor Scam he has no time for love *sigh* (is that a fic idea forming...:P )

I loved the whole thing with her following him around and bumping into him, it's ridiculously adorable. I can see her in my head, and now I want to do a picture to IDOLIZE (no pun intended lol) this fic.

AHAHAHA - their dialogue is so cute. :P

and Sam with her "I ASKED FIRST!" (for some reason I see the stubbornness coming clear at that point)

LOL at- Dammit this girl wouldn’t leave him alone would she? *hands little Sam a cookie for that* SHE'S ACTUALLY SMART FOR ONCE! FOR NOT LETTING HIM GO!

“By the way Mr. Scam…” she said, using a hand gesture to tell him to come closer, and when he did, she whispered in his ear, “Your last name is SO awesome!”

AH A KISS ON THE CHEEK! *YAY!* Gosh they are so cute together!

Well for him wanting to find her, all I can say is...

(For the record his last name is AWESOME, SO SO AWESOME, but u know that :P)