Reviews for In Which There is Angst
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 9/21
supermangageek23 chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
This was very interesting to read and you got me hooked, I hope you come back and finish the story
Dare-deviless chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
interesting, ever going to continue?

You lost me near the end and had to work through it but i gather that the unknown is Ursa. And I can't wait to see how the women deal with this, though I'm intrigued as to how poison, murder and kidnapping will reflect n what sounds like a joyous festival.
Ruby of Raven chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Is there more to the Zutara story? There isn't is there? Can you please write some more?
k-kwadrat chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Adopt me, pleaseeee? *kitty's eyes* It doesn't matter that I'm (probably) older than you (screw reality!). I'm meant for cooler parents and you would be perfect for this. I'm was so hooked up in your awesome story, that I haven't realise I haven't slept for two days... How can you create such awesome girls/woman character - it's beyond me, but I love you for this. All of them kick ass better than most men I can think of - and they are getting better every chapter! Toph (OMG, I LOVE her!), Jun (I'm worshipping her now!), Suki (so much potential!) and a bunch of mothers (I really want one - so again, adopt me, please?) rock!

And now a thing for your conscience - you do realise that without next chapter you condemn characters for Kataang and Maiko? Do you really want to make them feel unhappy till the end of their lives? Zutara is a must! You really need to do something about it! *is sending knowing looks and tons of inspiration*

Adopt me and write, please? :)
ShinySides chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Love it! I hope inspiration finds you, because ending it withthat warped Maiko(beautifully done, btw) is giving me a rash :D
Passionate Petals chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
I'm addicted to really.

may the inspiration find you and help you to complete this series.

i love how you do the dialog in the beginning..i must admit when i first stumble across your stories i had read it out of order and found my self completely lost..then i scrolled and found the fist part and it all became easy to follow :)

i really hope to see more of this series soon.

like i said...I'm ADDICTED!

P.S. Also...i LOVE all the "secret" symbols ( pomegranate and the apricot) and how they all have a special really adds too the story...your such a talented writer! You're MOST definitely going on my favs list :3
BlahBleeBlah chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
I must confess, i have become absolutely addicted to this series. This is an amazing piece of work, please update soon! Don't give up on it, there's so much potential! I hope the inspiration will come to you soon D
ashra.blitzgeschwind chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
wah, now I read until here and there's no Zutarian ending in sight? where is the grand solution you promised? Did I miss it? Or is it not written yet?

AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
This "In which there is..." series is AWESOME! :D I have read all of them and I love it so far!

The Maiko in here made total sense to me. And it's so sad. :( Zuko seems like he really *is* going a little insane. He's way emotional anyway. Though, from the discussion between him and Mai, it seems like they've sort of covered this ground before(she promised to "make him forget"? O.o), which means he's been dealing with this particular emotional issue for a WHILE now.

Before this chapter, I was with Toph in just yelling at Mai and blaming her for being a brat to Zuko. Still say she was, but her performance here is mitigating that quite a bit. Unlike in canon, this conversation (particularly the bits about how he made a mistake and shouldn't be blamed for it) showed Mai actually dealing with his problems and listening. Sort of. It showed her showing empathy for him in her own way and that helps her case a lot as a character to me. Its not her fault that she just isn't what he needs, is not who he clicks with. Its tragic for both of them and you show that beautifully. I am now hoping that there is a way to extricate everyone from all this without hurting Mai too badly too. I'd say offer a budding relationship for her as a consolation prize by the end of this, except I can't think of any canon guy that's officially alive that I'd stick her with. (Strangely, my choice is Jet. XDD) But how you handle her is up to you, of course. I guess I just look forward to it now, is all I mean. :)

I find Ha-Dia awesome and we haven't even *met* her (yet). XD I mean, she tortures Sokka without even truly *existing* yet. XD Its great. And you are right about Suki's parents. I think I saw one fic that mentioned she *had* them, but there was some cultural thing with the Kyoshi Warriors that the girls not live at home and basically cut all family ties. I know its Avatar canon (website info) that Suki started training at 8 and all, but I don't like the idea of her losing all connection to her family like that. Or that her parents are dead, which I've also seen. I am glad you gave her parents. :D

Toph's mom being secretly awesome is also great. lol Also her relationship with the BLO (LOL That acronym is so wrong but still funny and strangely fitting), and with Jun in particular, is very cool. :) I wonder, will Toph find out about her by the end of this? I think it'd be nice for her to find out about her mom's secret life of awesomeness and earthbending. Allow them to reach a more accurate understanding.

I love Toph and Suki's relationship. Its excellent cus they're both so cool. And its a great response to Toph's former crush on Sokka, IMO. (Wondering if you'll be playing up the Taang at any point in this fic? We've seen hints of it, but it left me confused about if Toph actually likes him or not.)

I feel bad for Ty Lee in this story. I liked your resolution for her in the Author Notes, but I get why you didn't include it in the story. I like her a lot in here, still.

I think I know who you were talking about at the end of the chapter here. And, if I'm right, hey aren't kidding with the "assassination to end all assassinations" line. How will a certain firebender react, I wonder-OH! will she be coming into the plot? :O

I love how this whole thing has a lot of humor and seems lighthearted, but has these serious undertones that are turning it into a true story rather than just fluffy one-shots. Also love all the parenthetical stuff you put in your paragraphs. Partly b/c I like to do that myself when writing (so I'm biased) and partly b/c the cultural content you put in them is really neat, like the bit about the true youngest Fire Lord in history.

I am REALLY interested to see where this goes. :D I don't see the next installment in your profile, though. D: You are gonna continue this, right?

Also, perhaps you would consider putting this anthology into one story post? Just a suggestion. It would make it easier for readers to find all the parts and read them in order.
Silverishmoon chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Wait is this the end? But but but... *tear* this can't be the end it was so good!
Panda Slippers chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Is this the end to the series? No! I do not accept!

Please? More? Just a little fluff to hold us over till the mvoie comes out?
crystalfilm chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
I love this series of one shots, the symbolism for each chapter explains things beautifully and all the relationships are portrayed quite realistically, and I love Toph being Sokka and Suki's daughter and of course, Jun! great work :)
RosePearl chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Hey! I really liked the direction this story is going. You should definitely continue with the next installment - don't leave us hanging! XD
Moussahijinx chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
FINALLY! I finally found this story again!

I'd read it just before going on vacation (in which my puter managed to somehow become fubared and annoying) and didn't fav it. I am very sorry I didn't, but I have now. I've been looking for this for over a month, and here it finally, finally is!

When you started this series, I wasn't sure how the format was going to work, with the narrative only bits at the beginning, leading to the story-within-a-story, but it's working well. Desperate!Zuko is painful to read in this one, but it's good. You MUST continue this! It's been lurking in the back of my head for two months now, and I MUST NEEDS KNOWING!

Please update as soon as you can, I'm enjoying it very much! :)

Thanks for writing it. I'm hooked.