Reviews for Minesweeper
cindylili chapter 1 . 2/2
I like it, but it did seem a bit too easy. All Careers dead in one go. It's good, of course, but I would think that the Gamemakers would make it a little harder for him... I love this, though
Guest chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
I like this version where he was smart enough to figure that out! But all of that is true though, the careers winning by force and districts 3 and 5 winning by brains and cunning, and everyone else by sheer luck.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
This was brilliant! I love how he used the mines as a offensive weapon.
sora kazega chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Really, this is what he should have done
GunRecon 11 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
EXPLOSIVES!
intrepidity-and-dandelions chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
This was a great story, and it made so much sense! You're a really amazing writer. Fantastic job - off to read your other stories now!

Abbey
FridayxBlack chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
This is pure art. In my fan-cannon I always thought that the boy from District 3 (who I still wish had a name- he's one of my favorite characters. I always seem to be pulled to the intellect, not the brawn.) just got stopped from using the mines to kill the careers somehow, weaseled his way out of it, and was forced to bury them again. This story was just so satisfying, so triumphant that it made me feel the rush of success as I read his words.

I love the backstory you smuggled in (the different districts and how they win, D-3's thoughts on the other tributes etc. and especially the different factory system- it is just one of those little additions which really makes this story satisfying for me, and was added to my fan-cannon XD) and how you told the story in general. The pacing was perfect, the emotion emitted from the passages was spot-on, and the evolution was superb. I really have no complaints other than a few small typos and there not being more for me to read on him- District 3 has a special place in this math, science, and engineering nerd's heart. XD

I think you have just become one of my favorite authors on ! Thank you very much for the amazing passage; I am sure I am going to devour your other works.

With all due respect and admiration,

Friday Black

P.S. - It was a fantastic touch that District 3's name was not given in the story- it really added something for me. (or maybe I just missed it and I'm living in fantasy land XD)
HisLittleBunny chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I saw you as an author of the month on Nightlock Recs and wow. This was amazing.
mxnhpfreak chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Awesome! I always wondered what exactly was the deal between the District 3 boy and the careers and why didn't he dare use the bombs on 'em. I like this idea :)

I think that if this had happened, District 3 would have been in trouble with the Capitol. They would have hated him for using their bombs and for making the deaths so quick and uninteresting... after all, it's all about entertaining the audience.

Anyway, great fic. Thank you for sharing it.
Historian1912 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Assuming this kid actually wins the games, I worry for his mental health. Granted, any victor will be at least somewhat messed up, but this guy is has a disturbingly high chance of becoming too detached. Anyway, there's still very litte standing between him and death. Should the muttations be releashed, those minds might not be enough to keep him alive. Either way, the 74th Hunger Games just took a dramatic, unforseen turn. Great, now I'm wondering how everyone else is going to react to these events.

Sincerely,

Historian1912
theperkofbeingafangirl chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Awesome! I love the District 3 kid :)
Phoenix Refrain chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
That was absolutely amazing!

One never thinks about what might happen to the other characters, not really. This was quite beautifully written and delicious to read. XD
GrossGirl18 chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Interesting perspective.
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
VERY nice AU. I really like how giving him a bit more courage and intelligence made all the difference.

"Mars", eh? Nice nickname for Marvel, and makes him look even more arrogantly stupid than he would normally be. :P
Peace.Love.Summer-rain chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
no PEETA! How dare ye!

Nah, im joking,i lurv this story!