Reviews for Something in the Way She Moves
Little Miss Whitlock chapter 4 . 11/12/2009
:) oh this makes me so hapy!
kimberlycullen10 chapter 3 . 9/24/2009
is it ridiculous that i squee'd over this update email even though i'd read it twice before? i hope not. ;)

anyway! onto le review:

"What if his real life was waiting there?" -very powerful, solid statement. and still, so fucking true. *happysigh*

“James is a right git. That would never happen.” -said this out loud in a british accent. it kind of just made my night. :D thank you for that.

"He wants the kind of love story people have been singing about for years and years and he doesn’t care if it is effeminate for him to admit it." -aww, edward, it's not effeminate! *cries* i want to find a guy like you. good thing i'll only have to travel back a few decades to england to find one...

edward's entire interaction with his mum makes me grin like a fool. their relationship is so adorable, and you can tell its only been the two of them for soo many years - they truly rely on each other, yet are very independent. it's great. :)

"Edward vacillates between intrigue and hatred for his father." -this is very realistic and in a single sentence i feel like you captured a whole lotta scenes from the movie. i can picture him being all pensive on the ship. i really love this sentence.

"He is surrounded by ocean, sky and the surprisingly quiet sloshing of the waves against the side of the boat as he pulls his legs into his chest and closes his eyes, attempting to relax in what he is sure the calm before the storm." -this is a beautiful mental image. that last part there is soo true, too - in both good ways and bad. i like that you tied all that in together, bb.

oh bells, forget about that empty feeling. your love's crossing the ocean right now, on his way to you. just be patient a little while longer... ;)
nermalasu chapter 3 . 9/22/2009
so we see a little more into bella and edward. bella's deal is going to get old fast for her, she won't be able to keep the charade up for too long i think. and edward, wow. i can't even imagine how his time is going to be, searching. great chapter, thanks so much for the update!
Little Miss Whitlock chapter 3 . 9/22/2009
for some reason the whole homemade bread bit just sticks with me. great use of detail :)
KrittleTwilighted chapter 2 . 9/13/2009
Pretty good story
nermalasu chapter 2 . 8/11/2009
wow i can only imagine what bella is going thru. it's gotta be hard to be thinking your life is going one way and the decision of someone important in your life makes you think there might be something else out there. i'm curious as to why mike told her about it last minute...he should have told her as soon as he signed up. maybe he thought bella would break up with him. i mean, he would be leaving regardless whether it was to war or school, but maybe the fact that he can easily die in vietnam was the reason he didn't tell her sooner. great chapter, thanks so much for the update!
kimberlycullen10 chapter 2 . 8/11/2009
i particularly like that mike is the grandson of the school’s namesake, and therefore seen as their “golden boy;" add to that the fact that bella and mike are the school's "it" couple and we have a nice little picture painted for ourselves. ...what's that? that's only the FIRST paragraph? ah, well done, my love. ;)

"He will be gone for her birthday; unreachable in the camp where they will mold him from the young man who stands before her now to a product of the US Army." -weve talked about this, but i still love it. makes me wanna go watch the plastic/robotic army men strip joe anderson of his clothes and his dignity. mm...

"She wonders if he will change, if he will become a whole new person – one she doesn’t want to know." -this is such a legit concern for people who've had loved ones go through something like this, whether it's the military or something else. i really like that you added that in there right after mentioning the "molding" that the military plans to do. (shit, now my head's back to max in his undies.)

*snaps out of it*

"She stares at the ring in its position lying flat in the palm of her hand and almost doesn’t take it. Marrying Mike is not necessarily unappealing; the idea that she will be a housewife and mother is, though, and she knows this is part of the plan for him." -this is a good, subtle display of her independence. it's a peek of what's to come, as she expands on that independence and where and to whom it will take her. *coughsJUDEWARDcoughs*

the scene where mike talks to the cullens as a whole really makes me appreciate that you are writing in third person. we get to see everyone's feelings and thoughts and motives for doing and saying what they do. obviously, that's the reason you decided to write it that way, but it really catches my eye in that scene, and it continues to do so for the remainder of the chapter. :D

*grins* "All the while she is wondering if there is something more than life in Hartford." oh, there is, bb. there certainly is.

i cant wait to hear about our boy edward, as well as jasper and the others. i love this fic SFM! now i gotta go listen to the soundtrack, of course...

ps - you are one of my favorite people ever, too. *mwah*
PsychoBeachGirl88 chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I love it already! Across the Universe is frickin AWESOME! I love this idea of Twilight and one of my fav movies of all time meshing together :D I can't wait for more! Long live the Beatles!
Little Miss Whitlock chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
im defintely, most definitely already interested in this. You've mixed two of my favorite things together. I'm looking forward to more :)
nermalasu chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
this is very intriguing! can't wait for more!
ilovesickmasochisticlions chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
my two favorite things together in a fic?

you are my hero.

can't wait for more!
kimberlycullen10 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
*happysigh* im so excited that you're writing this fic, bb. and im so glad we share a love for AtU, among other things. :D

"She revolutionized his way of thinking, but then again, that had been part of the problem, in the end. She was beautiful and free and wild. Smart and engaging. A lover of music and art – his art. He loved her through and through, even in the end when things became dodgy. She had loved him; at least, he had believed she did." -gah, my heart is fucking breaking! this is such a beautiful paragraph - every single word. it describes her, but it also describes him because it comes back around to him when you mention "his art" and that be believed she loved him. *sigh* she did, and she does, bb. i swear it.

"Without her, it is like he has lost a limb, a vital part of who he is, and this frightens him. He has never been dependent in this way before, and he knows not how to work within this handicap." -this is the perfect way to characterize him, as well as a wonderful throwback to canon. (that came almost *too* easily, didnt it? hehe) he is handicapped, flawed, jaded... falling apart. i want to hug him. of course, that's not all i want to do to him, but that's a story for another day.

and then there's my favorite line; a line which belongs in the fanfic hall of fame...

"She is beautiful and terrible; an angel and a devil; his one and only, forever."

GAH. my heart going, going, gone.

i love you, and i absolutely cannot wait for more. the end. xx