Reviews for How the Game Was Won
ZeronosVega chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
It may have been short, but this story was packed with a number of emotions and feelings which speak volumes about the relationship Haruhi and Kyon share and how it all lead up to that special moment. I'm glad I stumbled upon this and I thank you so very much for writing it!
Starzki chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
I'm doing a rewatch of Haruhi and this story stuck in my head from reading it ages ago, it was so perfect. So I had to find it again. Wonderful, wonderful fic. It fits Haruhi so well. Nicely done.
Anony-moose chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Well, it looks like Kyon and Haruhi-

-both hit home runs.

Anonymous not that one chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Perfect. Only word i can think of, i can't decide if i would like to see a continuation, but your inactivity seems to unfortunately deem such musing irrelevant
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
This is an excellent, fluffy look at the dynamic between Kyon and Haruhi. Sorry I don't have anything else to add (at least that hasn't already been said), but good work.
O'Malley chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
I just can't believe this doesn't have more reviews! This is one of the best Haruhi fanfics I have ever read. Please keep writing... You really have a talent!
Avid Reader Guy chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I like it, a bit confusing, but still the words made me happy. And thats a what counts to me.
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
This is an absolutely fantastic story. Nicely done on this. Keep up the great work.
Quantum Cat chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Yeah, I can see the trouble in writing something so entirely devoid of the usual chaos that accompanies Haruhi and Kyon. A lot of their relationship is rooted in that havoc. Not to say something like this isn't plausible, but the difference is noticeable.

I should note that you have "splitopen" instead of "split open", at one point.

Your take on Kyon is what has got me tentative. He seems a little too relaxed. This seems to take place after all is said and done in the Haruhi-verse, so I am unsure as to how Kyon would react after the further changes he would have undergone in the SOS Brigade, however I don't believe he would be so..well, suave.

Cute, though. It definitly should sate some KyonxHaruhi shippers palate for fluff. Or just make them crave for more.

Kazukagi chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Happy end of Endless Eight, indeed!

I actually checked my email a few moments before I had to walk out the door, so I saw this and thought "Damn, I won't be able to read this till tonight!" I've been looking forward to it.

I agree with you that writing such a moment for Haruhi and Kyon is tough. God knows I've tried it and failed. Even so, I think the key to your success here was that it was just that, a moment. Not a week, or a day or anything, just a few minutes span of Haruhi's reflection. It was self contained, and done very well. Not to mention you're a great writer, that was sure to have helped ;)

Not really much, if anything, to complain about. Written in your style, and I like your style. It was short, fluffy and made me a little guilty enjoying... but I'm okay with that. It picked me up after a long day, so thanks for writing it.

As always,

Robert Varulfur chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
At first I thought this was just going to be Haruhi remembering that dream and then it wasn't. I saw the hints in the story but didnt really pay attention to them but in one paragraph it was clear what it was they had done and I was like O.o oh. Very nicely done, obviously.
Greg Zerich chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Quite a nice story. You definitely nailed the both of them, although Kyon wasn't in the picture all that much. It's interesting to think of this as a little "After story" where everything finally falls into place, even if we don't really see how it did.

Like Haruhi thinks, all that matters is that it did, not that it was perfectly explainable as to why it did.

Happy End of Endless Eight to you as well.
Kurikusu chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Fantastic. Loved it! Words cannot express how well this was done. Congratulations! )
Tabasc0 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
If it really did take you a year to do this, I'd say it was well spent.
leonazo chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Okay... i accept... you're right. This is one of the best fics i've ever read.

Really, i don't know about Kyon, but describing Haruhi's thought might be especially challenging. This may be because if you read the novels, then you may have an idea on how Kyon thinks, but not Haruhi. So good point there. I think you got her perfectly.

Plot: awesome. I had trouble with understanding it first, and i had to read it twice, but that's because i'm really slow. Maybe the fact you mixed past and present in the story made me confuse.

General description is excellent. It's really important for the fic to set the atmosphere. All the descriptions were good.

I can't say anything else. Is not like i'm a good observer so i may not be good as reference. But anyway, good job and keep it up!