Reviews for Great Men
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
This is compelling and heart-rending and interesting. "Great men don't always make for great fathers." That's an intriguing thought, especially about John Winchester. I think it's one of the best analyses I've ever read of him, in one simple line.
scootersmom chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Wow! This was a very creative idea...such great foreshadowing. You are an amazing writer. I see you haven't posted anything in over a year...that make s me sad. I am going to read the rest of your stories. Have you posted them anywhere else, like livejournal? If you have written more, I would sure love to read them!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
This story is kind of chilling in light of how the story has progressed in the SPN canon. John in essence did sacrifice his son's to his pursuit of Azazel and even asked Dean to kill Sam if he went darkside. S4 has all been about dividing the boys and the angel threatening Sam and hinting that Dean might have to put him down. Very though provoking fic with enough cute weechesterness to keep me happy as well.
Terrwyn Ailil chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Ah man! This fic was heart-breaking to read, and I'm willing to bet that Paster Jim wished he could eat his own words right about now. This is perfect - in my mind, this is now canon. Thanks.

fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Definitely awesome story! Got me thinking, that's for sure!
shesamonster chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
I hope you do keep posting here! I love your stories, & this was no exception. Very nice job!
jenilee chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
I have a backlog of your stories in my inbox to read... Le sigh.

Anyway on a borrowed computer so this is probably not gonna cover half of what I want to say about this story.

First I really loved Sam and his concern over the story of Abraham. It echoed everything I felt about that story when I heard it as a kid.

I loved Dean talking to Pastor Jim about it cos even though he purports his questioning of God he obviously believes enough for the story to concern him (for Sam's sake of course).

Also I'm sure there is a whole lot of echoes of Dean's choices in the future, in this story if I had time to get into them.

Really you just have a wonderful way of endearing the boys to me in your stories.

I'm saddened that you may no longer post on this site. Do you post other places at all?