Reviews for Duties and Dreams
Nytefyre chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
The emotions were written very raw and real. The actions are a little bit of a bewilderment, but the story is enthralling.

Thanks for posting.
Flourished Blot chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
I read this fanfic ages ago, and it really stuck with me. I actually really love Ron and ship the canon Ron/Hermione, but this scene almost has become semi-canon in my mind. Exquisitley written (and as a former literature student, and now a teacher, I do not give this praise out lightly).

Also, works perfectly if you play Nick Cave's O Children (as I'm sure you know, was the H/Hr dance song in DH Part 1) while reading.
gnrkrystle chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Very interesting idea. I agree that Ron deserved this in a way. However, i do feel bad for Ginny. I can see how something like this might have been necessary given the situation, though. Given the intense situation they were in, who's to say something along these lines wouldn't have happened in canon. Two desperate, hormonal teenagers, at the end of their rope, facing death who love each other very much? I think its possible.
daphne 13 chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
WOW! Loved it! I understnad where you are comming from, and I think it's brilliant! :D
SpiffyCaptainJ chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
hells yea! You know, when i read book 7 I thought about the same thing, if the audience was more adult than child, i believe that this sort of thing would have happened for sure. The only critique i have is that you left out the horcrux, and the possibility of hermione getting pregnant was never even a fleeting thought. But all in all, well written, and totally should be cannon
Lionmate chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
that story was very interesting, if not morbidly wrong..but your point is well taken
raneonthewyndoepain chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I thought this was believable and the writing lovely, even if the subject was a bit grim.
Jude Rigby chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I have to agree with Daniel1980, this isn't something that H/HR, H/G or R/HR shippers would want to read. It's not true to any of those ships.

And as a H/HR shipper I hated the way this went. It seemed really out of character for them both, though with the way the last two books went I suppose they're in character.

I'm not trying to flame this either, but you may want to stick this under 'general' because it doesn't belong with the other H/HR stories here.
Daniel1980 chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
As a H/HR Shipper till the death I don't like your story one bit.

Why has almost every author of such a tent scene (and there are a lot out there. You have not even written something remotely new) the need to let it stay canon at the end.

S.h.i.t. on JKR and make it H/HR for real. No true H/HR shipper wants to read about Harry saying "I love you" to Ginny and Hermione thinking "I love Ron".

So your story is not of value for a H/HR shipper at all. It's a waste of time and space.

Same goes for H/G and HR/R shipper. I'm really sure, not one of them wants to read about H/HR having sex.

I'm sorry, if you think I'm flaming you (maybe I am), but I just don't see your point in publishing this.

Greetings
Zhirea chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I really liked it, all the way to the end. Few HP fanfics respect the canon and I liked that, despite what transpired between them, they still knew to whom their hearts belonged to. It's all good. Keep it up!
geomagic chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
It would make sense that this might have happened. Like Ron or not. They were two young hormonal teenagers who had to grow up too fast and living in life threatening conditions for months. Unlike Ron, Harry and Hermione did not have the option of going back. Both their lives would have been forfeit. I imagine that Harry and Ginny had been going together for less than two months when he broke it off. I would have considered him still a virgin as well because of lack of opportunity. If Harry and Hermione were alone for as long as is suggested with little hope of surviving it would have been highly possible they found each other in bed even if only once.