Reviews for Of Cabbages and Kings
TimeturnerJasmy chapter 1 . 8/18
I'm crying. This was beautiful. This particular friendship doesn't get much attention, so thank you for writing this brilliant piece.
UnnamedElement chapter 1 . 4/3
This was so well-done and masterfully written. I really enjoy seeing Sam interact with other characters, particularly Legolas. You really wrote the parallels between Frodo/Sam and Legolas/Aragorn well here. Thank you for writing and sharing.
Oh. That is a touching story. It's the kind that makes you want to hug it and curl up in a fuzzy blanket to read again and again as you weep.
Jennifer Carroll chapter 1 . 1/1
This is beautiful.
KazeYasumi chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
I cried. This is absolutely, amazingly beautiful. I have loved LOTR since I was 11 and NEVER thought how similar Legolas and Sam are, in how they follow their best friends. Thank you for a wonderful story.
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
wow.
You are a true author. There was so much emotion, angst, comfort, such power,
This is so beautifully written, mellon-nin.
You also described Legolas' sea-longing beautify. And in the end, I love how Legolas and Sam both opened up their hearts, their fears, their weaknesses. And both supported each other.
It's such an unlikely friendship, topping off to a dwarf and elf being friends, but the friendship is a strong bond that'll never break.
Who knew that Samwise Gamgee and Legolas Thranduillion had so much in common.
Peonywinx chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
This was beautiful. So poignant and touching, and you have written the characters - Sam, especially - flawlessly.
JackSparrowRocks chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
That literally made me cry. It moved me so deeply. The idea of longing for something so bloody much and denying it, just...God! It absolutely breaks my heart. I just...I don't even...I have no words. Thank you, it has been such an absolute privilege to be able to read this.
Whilom chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
I love this story for the unexpected parallels you draw between Sam and Frodo and Aragorn and Legolas. You write Legolas so well-I feel like I learn something new about him every time I read something of yours. Your descriptions of the sea longing and of Sam's grief were palpable. As usual, another story I'll return to again and again.
Namei chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Beautiful. Thank you
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
I'd never thought of Legolas and Sam as a likely pair...they have so little interaction in the books and movies. But the similarities between them are striking, Sam to Frodo, and Legolas to Aragorn. And I started to realize that they may understand each other better than anyone else, in that desire to protect someone dear, and the pain of being separated from them.

The description of Legolas' sea longing is beautiful and powerful, and Sam's simple honesty and devotion is enough to tear your heart in two. By the end of it, I was crying (although I blame that partially on my playlist choosing to play 'May it Be' towards the end).

Heartwrenching, and yet very warm and fuzzy at the same time...and masterfully written. Thank you :)
dianaprincess chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
That was beautiful. I think you described Legolas' emotions in relation to the sea-longing perfectly.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Great story! I really enjoyed it! You really packed a lot of emotion in and I really felt what you wrote!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
wow. just, wow. i have to say, amazing. there are so few stories that have legolas and sam, and even fewer who actually bother to give legolas a character. he's a bit of a prince charming, you know, and mary sues surround him like moths. but here, ohmygod. sam and legolas are such contrasts usually, but you bring them together in a very unique and well portrayed friendship. loved your fragmented organization, and well, your tone is beautiful, sad and painful and so much gRIEF. the sea, ohgod, the sea. thank you so much for writing this, and, well done. congratulations.
Purestrongpoem chapter 1 . 2/6/2013