Reviews for Absolutely Abby
abfirechick chapter 43 . 5/27/2012
One of the most perfect relationships in the cosmos...Abby and Gibbs. He would do that for her and the rest of his family.

You seem to capture their language and expressions with ease.
Second daughter of Eve chapter 43 . 4/20/2012
Yay for fluffy Gibbs!
scousemuz1k chapter 43 . 4/20/2012
Ouch, poor Bert. And she would have forgotten him without Gibbs!
STLFAN chapter 43 . 4/19/2012
You nailed Abby, I can easily see her going off. And perfect Gibbs. Nicely done.
alix33 chapter 43 . 4/19/2012
Oh wow! for chivalrous, though functionally mute knight sir Leroy Jethro Gibbs, who does not begrudge Bert, all NCIS fans' favourite hippopotamus in the whole universe, his place in Abby's heart.

BTW, do you know it takes a full second to say the word "hippopotamus" out loud? I elarnt it from Fiery Cross, a books in Diana Gabaldon's fantastic Outlander series (historical fiction/time travel), where Claire, the heroine who is a midwife and a 20th century doctor, uses "hippopotamus" to count the time in between contractions when her daughter Brianna is giving birth to her grandson Jemmy (and wrist- or stopwatches were not exactly or at all common in the American Colonies in the 18th century, when Jemmy was born).
abfirechick chapter 42 . 1/19/2012
This was very sweet of you and I really appreciate it. I actually had forgotten that I told you about my little Squeakers.

That would be a pet that Abby would have and love with her usual gusto. Plus, Tony would behave exactly like that for Abs.
Gottahavemyncis chapter 42 . 1/19/2012
Hugs to the real Squeaker's owner. I was going to say a funny little chapter, but then saw your note, so will just comment on how much pets give us, no matter what species they are.
Second daughter of Eve chapter 42 . 1/19/2012
AW! So sweet of Tony, and you!

sweet!Tony is canon is kinda rare though... :(
cheether chapter 42 . 1/19/2012
Some best friends are the littlest ones. Good story.
alix33 chapter 42 . 1/19/2012
After a rat and mice infestation in my flat last year (a citywide problem everywhere in Johannesburg, apparently. I still have rat poison - the really vicious kind that rats are not immune to yet - AND drops of peppermint essential oil, which they apparently hate too out everywhere) I do not like the idea at all of rats or mice as friends, but I am more than cool with imagining Mr. Squeakers as one of the lab bunnies from "Toxic" that got liberated...
stareagle chapter 41 . 10/22/2011
You captured the feeling of such tenderness in Gibbs and the deep despair that Abby feels - her frame of reference for the world has been significantly altered... she can't change her past and the old view is still valid, but there is now a harmonic part that must play along side the memories ( as in 2 part harmony). The trick is to recognize that your past has not been minimized, but enriched.

Adoption is not a bad thing... but there is an undercurrent of sorrow for the loss that the biologic parents must have suffered to have to release custody of a child.
abfirechick chapter 41 . 10/22/2011
I am so happy to see this!

In some ways I think she would have been better off but then again now she has someone else to get to know and who appears to be more like her than she could have ever imagined.

I have always loved how she is a scientist, goth and yet still believes and trusts in GOD.

You have made an endearing scene that much better!
STLFAN chapter 41 . 10/22/2011
Perfect
RAIKIM4everlover chapter 17 . 7/29/2011
stop with this poetry stuff and get on with the story!i hate all this poetry!
stareagle chapter 40 . 7/28/2011
Such sound advice, so beautifully shared through the eyes of two of my favorite characters... love Abby's open emotions and open expressions of love.