Reviews for Bye Bye Beautiful
Tiryn chapter 5 . 7/17/2014
Poor Septimus :( Right when he gets something good, Secundass just has to go and ruin it xP (no, that was not a mistake in spelling, I assure you)

Love it! Please update soon :3
Mysteriousity1 chapter 4 . 4/20/2014
I swear, I never thought I could fall in love with a story so fast. The first chapter and I was done, this is simply but beautifully written, describing each of the characters perfectly and in such a fascinating way! Plus, finding out Cecilia's eye color actually felt right instead of cliché or overused, plus your writing of her is extremely realistic as a blind person in such a time. I just love every conversation between her and Septimus, and the slow yet nicely paced build-up of the two of them, with great moments of showing she is an awesome healer and not just a love interest, with a will of her own! I like Leola as well, and gosh I can't wait to see more of her! Septimus is just so flawlessly done here too, soft enough to be plausible and also hard and rough, yet not too high-and-mighty all the time, honestly, you're doing fantastic so far and I can't wait to read further!
curryboh chapter 5 . 11/24/2013
This is one of the most original OC's ive read in this site.
You do an Amazingly SUPERB job with cecilia, being a friend of a blind prson myself, I do find a lot of times my bud FREAKS me OUT! With some stuff. (Like: cooking, or typing, or making collages & stuff like that, not to mention them 'Radar' ears that hear me wispering two doors down) Yeah... nature is wise no doubt about it!

Please, write more. pretty please?
Zumlover chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
I really love your story! Can't wait to find out what happens next!
Keep up the good work!
Ijusttaserdyou chapter 5 . 1/22/2013
Ya!
Queen Ceilidh chapter 5 . 9/14/2012
I like your story and can't wait to see what happens when Septimus and Cecilia are found out. Is your story following the movie more or the book more? I have watched the movie and am just starting to read the book. You are an awesome writer!
Stellrina chapter 5 . 9/20/2011
Oh, please finish it! It's a wonderful story! 3
What Did They Expect chapter 5 . 7/4/2011
I love this so far and it's a beautiful. I love his deep thinking and the facts are so accurate and on the dot. This story is special to me and many other readers and I think you need more chapters. Pleaaase continue to write more and I have subscribed and am on alert for more chapters. Thanks for writing and keep up the good work!
Elenafromthewoods chapter 5 . 5/31/2011
Hah, no problem, I know how much a review is worth. :) Only happy to provide. Truth to be told, I was also meant to be writing this ginormous essay - instead I wrote a huge review. I guess at least you gain from me not knowing priorities, haha :p

First, congratulations on my update, I couldn't believe I got a chapter the day AFTER my review, on a story that has been dormant for years.(sounds like a volcano) GREAT JOB GIRL!

Good chapter besides that, I liked the interaction between Una and Septimus, and the ocean part was quite lovely. Of course I'm looking forward to Septimus providing private swimming lessons from now on. *cough cough* One typo that I noticed was 'brother's ' where it should be 'brothers' . get me? Nothing big, just noticed it because I always do that too. Another tip is to read over your sentences and make sure you don't use the same word too often, it gives a lot of diversity if you can use different words. Stable for example could be building.

I'm thinking - if we're going to discuss ideas we might do well in getting each other's emails. I'm gonna PM you mine ;)

Have a great day!

/Elena
Deathcomessoon chapter 5 . 5/31/2011
Great chapter! I loved it!

Can't wait for the next!
Guest chapter 5 . 5/30/2011
Love this! Can't wait to hear what the King and the Princes have to say(:
Elenafromthewoods chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
Hi there!

I read your plea for reviews, and I must say, I am quite devastated that an author like you does not get more feedback, whilst stories not even worth a tenth of this one are flooded with reviews. This is why I'm gonna honor you with a long, juicy review, which hopefully will inspire you to continue writing! It is a shame would it not be continued, on the other hand, I know how hard it is, considering life and the occasional writers block.

Anyway, I really like the concept of this story. You didn't go with the whole 'septimus survived he is the new king' thing, but actually chose something realistic. It is also brave to make this a tragedy, as we all know this won't be a typical fairytale ending. Nothing better than a tragic love story.

Now to your OC. It is very easy in this case to create a Mary-Sue character, as I've seen in many other Septimus-OC fics, but you have managed quite well. Although Cecilia is a liiiittle MS, your realistic and careful characterization of her makes up for it. But you might want to be careful with her background. Don't make her the true princess of Stormhold, lost at birth, with powers that no one has ever seen.. bla bla. Her charm is that she is just a peasant girl. Also, I really admire how well you manage to paint her blindness. I know, it's extremely hard, but you do good. The only thing I found a little weird is how she apparently can dodge any of Petitas blows. That's just... 'riight?' It would be more realistic would she actually be unable to defend herself. Just saying.

I really like how the plot develops so far, and I hope to see some good conflict showing up, not just Septimus family bitching about his choice of love, but something.. well, you'll come up with something awesome I know. The festival was a great idea.

Considering the relationship between them, I'd say you're still good, but might want to be a little careful now. Give them some doubt, something(as in all relationships) that makes them seriously question if this is gonna work. That will make it more realistic and add more dimension I think.

Also, one thought I had was that it would be very interesting if they would actually sleep together, seen from Cecilia's perspective. This is only if you want to take it to that rating of course, but it could be worked out very nicely.

Well, I hope this was constructive critique and not just me ranting about... But in short, you are having some good stuff going here, don't drop it!

I'll be checking on this regularly ;)

Have a nice day!

/Elena
ehluvr3 chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
I just re-watche Stardust and decided to look up Septimus stories... and I gotta admit:

Yours is amazing! I hope you continue it!
Deathcomessoon chapter 4 . 2/27/2011
I have seen the movie a million times, and had always though Septimus was good looking. So I decided to read this not to mention it had a wonderful summery.

I'm not sure if you play to continue this story, but I personally would love to read more :)

Update soon please.
AnnieArkham chapter 4 . 8/15/2010
I like this story :3

Please add more to it. *subscribes*