Reviews for Like Old Times
Chibi-Liz05 chapter 5 . 5/3/2014
are you going to continue this story?
because it's really good and interesting
Delta chapter 5 . 7/24/2013
Please continue this story.
I got all focused on the story then it just ended.
I Max95 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
yeah...sorry man i cant keep reading this

its not because its bad, far from it. i loved the first chapter

its just that i just finished Gears 3 and i can see from the first chapter this doesnt fit into the continuity, and i dont really like pretending its an alternite ending that its based on

your a good writer, and i'd read a version of this based on the real ending in a second, but its not for me
Reignva chapter 5 . 9/28/2011
Just recentely got into the Gears of War fandom, and I spent a lot of time reading into back story for each of the characters and what not. It was only a couple of hours ago that I decided to see what was in the fanfiction realm for Gears of War, and I chanced upon your story.

I like your pace and where you started- 25 years after shit went down- provides a lot of time to explore the new Sera. Its cute seeing everyone together again~ I loved the banter between Delta- can't help but grin at their brotherly love xD

But man, when Quentin introduced himself- hoooooo shiiiiiiiiit I felt my stomach drop and I distinctly remember me thinking 'aaaaaw shits about to get UGLY.' haha!

This whole thing between Anya and Marcus is really interesting-I look forward to when they have the 'Talk'.

And it was nice that you included Carlos in as well~

I'm looking forward to the next chapter~
Menisterrr chapter 5 . 9/27/2011
Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this story! It's amazing, you characterize Delta so well :) Really hope you continue!
thingsthatwanderaway chapter 5 . 9/27/2011
OH MY GOD...LISTENING TO THE NIGHTCORE VERSION OF IF I HAD YOU AND READING THIS STORY IS AN EPIC .

XD

I am faving this story in high hopes that Marcus and Anya hook back up, BUT DUTY-SMOOTIY ANYA, I don't care if you this it's your "duty" to breed.

Anyway...(breathes) sorry, listening to Nightcore music just makes me all hyper. I have been browsing through a few of your stories and I absolutely ADORE Jacinto Nights.

Here's to updating!

PC
MyFantasiMind chapter 5 . 10/28/2010
Dude! This chapter is epic! I'm still wondering how they separated, though, that is what I'm looking forward to. I hope to read more of this soon. )
Kenshin13 chapter 4 . 8/24/2010
I thought I would take some time to write an actual review for your story. The first one I wrote was done late at night and I was kind of tired. So now having re-read your first five chapters and actually being awake I can string sentences together a little better.

I am in LOVE with this story, I think the perspective you have taken on what everyone would be doing in their older ages is perfect and everyone is very much in character. The way you write has also made this a pleasure to read, it's very fluid and descriptive without going overboard. I am dying to know how (and if) Anya and Marcus will ever come to terms with what you have created between them, it's really genius. You have a real understanding of how the characters would act and speak, although they aren't your own and I think that's pretty awesome. It's also good to see that Baird and Cole are still able to dish out their foul mouths towards their fellow brothers from Delta, I hope you go further into what they have been up to in your later chapters. Anyway before this gets to be and embarrassingly long review I'll stop and hope that you continue with this. I think it's one of the most original Gears fics that I have read.
Kenshin13 chapter 5 . 8/23/2010
This story has been great so far, it's so original and your writing is beautiful to read. I especially love the story you have made between Anya and Marcus, it's purely awesome! I hope that you continue with this story and update soon!
Kade Riggs chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
It was good to see how Marcus and Anya see each other at this point. It's been a while since I've read previous chapters, so this question may have been answered, but I'm curious to see what happens to separate them.

So we sort of get to see what Cole and Baird are up to, what about Dom? Is he moving on with life with the war over?

I really enjoyed that moment when Marcus asks her if she's sure of what she wants. We definitely get the sense that this has been a long time coming, and it may not be coordinated but it's definitely very heartfelt for both of them.

Anyway, hope there's more coming soon :-D
Master1795 chapter 4 . 6/23/2010
Lovin' it. Awesome. I really really like it. One of the few invloving Gears stories. Keep it up, no pressure.
TOATAL GEAR HEAD chapter 4 . 6/19/2010
great story although I would ease up on Marcus' facial expressons the bastard don't show much now won't show much in the futre. Oh and when he is shocked he blinks rapidly, if you don't beleve me read the books. everything else is good.

Eagerly waiting Broughal Kid
Jonesybites chapter 3 . 6/9/2010
Did you change up the second chapter? The last time I read this it was a millennium ago, so I can't remember if you made any edits.

Anyhoosits, the pacing is moving well...hopefully you'll keep it going.
LadyApathy chapter 3 . 6/4/2010
Damn, that's sad. On the bright side, the jack and coke sounds really good right about now. x]
MyFantasiMind chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
Oh, well, nevermind then. :D

Congrats! Hope you'll do well after you do!

Anyway, of course I like it. In fact, I love it! Your skill has become an inspiration to me, and hopefully I can have the potential to reach up to your standards. It's difficult for me to write a story when I don't have such a wonderful talent like yours to make a readable story. Besides that, I hope you do continue with this and finish it, I'm already getting chills just thinking about what happens next. Damn you cliffhangers! *shakes fist*

Anyway, no prob. I hope I'll get them by next. Besides, tomorrow's my last day of school and freedom is just around the corner for me to draw as I please. They won't be perfect, but they'll be good, trust me. ;)

Take care now, and good luck! I look forward to more.