Reviews for The World Without
xanothos chapter 15 . 8/10
Graaaaah! Unlimited Raeg Works! I need moar! How could you leave us on such a cruel cliffhanger?!
Weapon Frayer chapter 10 . 7/24
This has one of the best descriptions of any piece of literature I've ever had a chance to read.
Jupiter's Bull chapter 15 . 7/17
I just caught up, and the story has been left here of all places. Holy shit. This has been an amazing ride, and that cliffhanger is gonna give me an ulcer. Please come back to this story. Just one more chapter!
Anyways, you are a very talented writer. You clearly know the nasuverse and have a knack for the characters. I appreciate all the work you've done and I hope you decide to continue. Thank you.
ezequiel.ayoroa chapter 15 . 7/14
I've read hundred of FF about the gate Universe. Yours is one of the few that had characters acting exactly as they would.
I disliked your premise, but even then I became hooked. Took me a day to read them all and it ended in the best part.

I can't wait to see what both Shirous are going to do now!
Aria6 chapter 14 . 5/16
I hope to see more of this story! I especially want to see what happens with Shirou. :)
Dragonjek chapter 14 . 4/23
"It was impossible. He knew that. She had never asked or wished for his help, and even more than that, Shirou understood the state he was now in.
But he didn't care.
It was an absolute, predestined fact: Emiya Shirou would save Ilyasviel von Einzbern."

That right there just so perfectly encapsulates the identity Emiya Shirou that I was overcome by giggling glee just reading it. And it reminds me of my absolute favorite choice from the VN.
1.) Save Illya
2.) Save Illya
3.) Save Illya

Hm... I have a question. There's something I've been wondering about-Avalon. Yes, it was stored within Shirou, but it wasn't PHYSICALLY in his body. It was within [Emiya Shirou], and as long as his head is still alive then Avalon should still be there... especially considering that Shirou's got Unlimited Blade Works in his head. Although I wonder how much more distorted he's become, after all the shit that happened to him in this fic?
Orumon chapter 15 . 12/24/2016
Very well written. Pacing is nice and characterization is believable.
amimai002 chapter 15 . 12/18/2016
...Sempai?
That was perfect!

I really do love this story, it gets the what if scenario just right, and doesn't contain any Shiro angst that makes most f/sn story a pain to read.
Dude chapter 15 . 9/10/2016
YOU DAMN RIGHT IS SENPAI! Nows your chance jump his bones and CLAIM HIM! Emiya Shirou Mark two is taner, meaner and bigger in every way! Open the way for the Sakura Matou Harem Route!
AmaiKotori chapter 15 . 9/5/2016
I've heard several people say that the biggest problem with F/SN is having Shirou as the viewpoint character. I must say, you're doing a lovely job of proving them right, here. I've rarely felt inclined to give Fate fics a try, but the premise intrigued me and I pretty much read straight through to the end.

I've been very impressed with how in-character everyone feels, and several of the nods to the original VN have had me giggling uncontrollably (although somehow, none so much as poor Lancer. He's always been my favourite, even when the universe hates him). Excellent balance of humour with the relatively dark plot.

Even if the next chapter does take months, I'll be eagerly waiting.
Bludflag chapter 4 . 7/27/2016
Gilgamesh is blond, not blonde. Blonde is the female variation of blond. Alternatively, use blond for males and females.

Or maybe Gilgamesh is female here, idk. I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed. :v
Bludflag chapter 3 . 7/27/2016
"What do you seek from the Holy Grail?"

Monthy Python flashbacks. :D

My poor sides. D:

Anyway, usually, you're supposed to put space between different kinds of quotation marks. So it's not "', but rather " '

It's called a typographical nicety, IIRC. If that's not understandable (it's midnight here and I just noticed these chapters are literally years old, so you probably don't remember what I'm referencing), I'll just copy a credible source.

Rule 4. As a courtesy, make sure there is visible space at the start or end of a quotation between adjacent single and double quotation marks. (Your word processing program may do this automatically.)

Not ample space: He said, "Dan cried, 'Do not treat me that way.'"

Ample space: He said, "Dan cried, 'Do not treat me that way.' "
Bludflag chapter 2 . 7/27/2016
You spoke of Bazett's CS as if they were still in play.

Kirei used them all by the start of canon.

Though she probably would have ended up being a
threat to Rin if she had been able to participate in the
war, she was taken out prematurely by a surprise attack
from Kotomine.
The reason for that is because she and Kotomine were
actually old friends. Back when Kotomine was still an
executor working for the Church, they often ran into
each other on assignments and fought together as
comrades.
So, when Kotomine, who until then had never relied on
her even once, said he wanted to meet with her, Miss
Bazett was secretly elated. With no reason to doubt him,
she walked right into his trap.
She didn't even have time to call out Lancer, before
Kotomine cleanly sliced off her left arm from behind and
stole her command spells.
Afterward, he gave Lancer two commands.
The first was to make him accept Kotomine as his
Master, while the second was to make him gather
intelligence.
As for what the final command spell was used for,
that's covered in the story itself.

Source is Mcjon01's Type-Moon dictionary, available on Beast's Lair forums. Just Google "Mcjon01 Translates Things" and then just download the dictionary (it's in the first post). This is Bazett's entry, so just use CTRL F if you want to see the whole thing (which you probably already know from stuff like Prisma Illya, but this whole thing looks prettier there, so idk).

Otherwise, I rather like the whole thing. It has so much potential to it, although I'm sad for Shirou; I prefer not to read torture and just leaving it off makes one think of all the implications.

I'll probably just skip those...
figcube chapter 15 . 7/19/2016
Really enjoying this story. Love the relationship between Sakura and Saber. Am I right in thinking you're combining parts of the Fate and Heaven's Feel route? Though I'm not sure how you're going to have Sakura absorb servants if those hints about the Black Grail storyline are any indication of what's comming.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/4/2016