Reviews for The World Without
figcube chapter 15 . 7/19
Really enjoying this story. Love the relationship between Sakura and Saber. Am I right in thinking you're combining parts of the Fate and Heaven's Feel route? Though I'm not sure how you're going to have Sakura absorb servants if those hints about the Black Grail storyline are any indication of what's comming.
Its shape continued
to flow he as nocked it
Belthasar chapter 15 . 6/28
Huh, it's been so long that I forgot about this story. I'm glad to see it continued, though I hope the next update won't take so long. It's fine to have shorter chapters if that's what it takes, you know?
jcampbellohten chapter 15 . 6/26
Holy crap, what a cliffhanger! I very much hope you continue this regularly. For now, I read this strait through over two days and was too absorbed to review as I went, so most of what I would have written has been lost, but I'll try to remember as much as I can.

Firstly, this is incredibly, extremely original, and I greatly like it ("love" is a word I think should be reserved for certain circumstances and is horribly overused, but where the people who overuse it would write that they love this story I imagine my sentiments match theirs) both for that originality and for how well it's written. I can't recall another story that continues from a "dead end."

More specifically: I like the mysteries you're building up. I like reading how people's limited perspectives cause them to act differently and draw wrong conclusions without the revelations that surround Shirou's power as the main character. The characters feel true to what I know of canon, as though they're the canon characters acting in and reacting to these new circumstances—though, I've only seen the animes and read a lot of fanfiction at Beast's Lair and here, so take that with a grain of salt, I guess. I like the good grammar and mechanics, aside from your starting half your sentences with "and" as well as what I think is sometimes overuse of paragraph breaks. I like that plot progress has been made. I like that Shinji died; you did a good job of making me dislike him and feel disgusted by him. I rolled my eyes a lot at his superiority complex-driven inner monologues. (Incidentally, I was surprised Rider let him rape her. Is that canon?) I like that you explained the details of some things (I can't remember what, specifically) more clearly than I remember reading them explained before.

I'm curious about what Shirou's role will be later. I take it Avalon is healing him as much as it can? What happened to it, anyway? I'm also curious about all the mind/soul-melding between different characters. I started to think maybe everyone would be connected by the end. First, there's Sakura-Rider-Saber, then Sakura-Archer—which may or may not be separate from the triangle, then Shirou-Ilya(-Berserker).

There's most likely more that I'm forgetting, but hopefully the above will help you. This is definitely going in my favorites and follow lists!
Kolonist chapter 15 . 6/24
Are you kidding me? You just give us the cliffhager of the year and will dissapear on another 2 yers? :(
BLADE OF ILLUSIONS chapter 15 . 6/23
BRAVO great cliff hanger please update soon.
zeek17 chapter 15 . 6/22
I don't remember Fate Zero, but did not Gilgamesh identified himself at that meeting of theirs?
Orfeo D. Knightwalker chapter 15 . 6/21
One word, for both this chapter and this fanfic as a whole: superb.

...But that's not enough for a review, obviously, so let me elaborate on my thoughts.

I first read this story a little over a year ago with great enjoyment, having at first been fearful of a plot that killed off the original protagonist from the get go, but then delightfully surprised by the excellent story and writing I found. I feared the worst when I saw the amount of time since the last update, so I cannot express the immense relief and excitement I felt when I saw the new chapter come up two days ago. In fact, the excitement didn't die down until I had reread this chapter (twice) and then reread the whole fanfic from the beginning for good measure, but now my thoughts are finally in order enough to properly review it.

From the beginning of this fanfic, the aspect that's amazed me the most is
Lask chapter 15 . 6/20
And... cut!
Deer-Shifter chapter 15 . 6/20
Update? Made my day.

The fight scenes are awesome, and definitely worth the wait. As are the limited perspectives of each team, the deceptions being unwoven, and the mind breaking lectures.

Archer taking Saber apart, in particular, was a treat to read. As was his stacking up the evidence as to 'what did not fit' for each subject discussed.

The joined minds of Sakura, Rider, and Saber, and the conversations they had, was also a great set-up - one I realize in hindsight you've been building up to via the unusual three-way dream-share.

The reveal of Archer… was somehow a surprise. I thought that you'd delay it a bit further - there was actually a point where I wondered if someone would guess at 'Wayland Smith' as a possible identity, which would have explained a possible recognition of Arturia, since Wayland's legend names him as the creator of several swords, most famously Gram, I believe. If he was recognizing heroes by their weapons… But this way works too, and works pretty neatly.

You're tying up and explaining a lot of the loose plot threads, limiting the further paths to explore to the end. I am intensely curious as to what comes next, and through whose mind. It doesn't feel like a coincidence that you've been avoiding Archer's POV for the last couple chapters, specifically since his first time with Sakura. Or that you've increased Shirou's presence. I can't wait to see what further conflict will be revealed when it turns out Shirou isn't dead after all - but first, I really want to see Archer's explanations. Several times, it looked as if he might get off scot free, particularly when Rin brought up the memory issue.

Can't wait for another update. And as someone who usually takes six months to write her own chapters, at best, I definitely understand the delays you can have.

Superbly crafted, and extra points for everyone's characterization! Love it!
Writer with bad Grammar T-T chapter 15 . 6/20
Welcome back to fanfiction
The chapter is great like the other, you really got Archer character and mindset, very wonderful
As for Sakura, impressive as well, you make her realize Archer is EMIYA, now that would be something to read in next chapter
When the update will come? Hopefully soon
Nephirin chapter 15 . 6/20
It's... ALIVE!

More seriously, I'm glad to see this back. It's always a fic that I've enjoyed, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it again.
EXpertUS chapter 15 . 6/20
YEAH! It's been too long since the last update that I forgot about it and really need to read the start to refresh the story.
AltinaTM chapter 15 . 6/20
WAITED MORE THAN 2 YEARS FOR THIS. Really was worth the wait. Please don't let the next update take another 2 years. Did Archer really intend for the cast to know that he was from the present time?
neogoki chapter 15 . 6/20
new Chapter! and what a blast of one
Shirou is magically cooking in his own juices
Caster gets outplayed so perfectly
but Detective Sakura takes the Gold! love how much her character is developed in this story and without drowning her in evil to boot
and a Cliffhanger, damn I so want to see how Archer reacts now, no way he predicted this twist, right?