Reviews for Harry Potter and The Apprentice of Death
L's Cappuccino chapter 6 . 8/20
As always, the one who thought to make trick steps on a moving staircase had a very strange sense of humour
heffronma5 chapter 21 . 8/19
Hi, is there by any chance that you could write something towards this story. The last time you updated it was on Tuesday 3rd September 2013 - nearly three years ago - please update soon.
Its canon that Dumbledore is a bad person, and so is Snape. That some people seem to ignore it and make their own opinion is just to bad, cause mines right.
_following canon like you are doing with this new Harry makes no sense, and its extremely offputting.
Your A/N is nonsensical, you think to much, if there was news in tomorrows paper of Superman in New york, I can almost promise you 90% of the world would call it a neat trick or prank, we as humans are ignorant, if we see something supernatural we would most likely try to find an explanation we are comfortable with.
cinthya chapter 1 . 6/14
oh my gosh you just tried to mix harry potter with bleach that is so awsome, and you even make it with their logic rules of that world, that is really scary actually, wait then tom would be his shinigami powers or something... cool, well i just want to comment before reading, when i end i would comment again, maybe
deitarionSSokolow chapter 12 . 5/29
As someone who likes this story, I just have to warn you that calling it the "Sorceror's Stone" makes you and this fic look worse.

The original British printing says "Philosopher's Stone". Every English-language printing except the U.S. version says "Philosopher's Stone". The movies say Philosopher's Stone too. (I'm assuming the U.S. version was changed out of worry about what religious fundamentalists would think.)

The Philosopher's Stone was actually a real goal that real alchemists pursued. (Before Chemistry, we believed that everything in the world grew like plants and alchemy was the chemistry of that idea. One conclusion that flowed from that world view was that non-gold minerals were like unripe crops and gold was the ripe crop, so alchemists looked for something that could encourage people and minerals toward their ideal state... the philosopher's stone.)

Nicolas and Pernelle Flamel were real people known for their wealth and philanthropy. After their death, people wanting to peddle "ancient secrets" built up a legend that Nicolas Flamel was an alchemist who had successfully created the philosopher's stone.

Calling it the Sorceror's Stone just ruins a clever historical reference and either confuses or makes you look ignorant to anyone who's read the non-U.S. printings or seen the movies.

Also, it's not "peaking the child's curiosity", it's "piquing the child's curiosity" (The verb is "pique", not "peak". It means provoke/arouse and comes from the Old French "piquer", meaning "to prick")
Unedaread chapter 21 . 5/17
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that this story is absolutely amazing. I hope you are reading these messages and get back on the horse soon, because I very much enjoy this book and wish it had an equally amazing ending. Hope you can update soon, if ever;)
laserthrasher1 chapter 1 . 4/18
ugggh I hate harry and bleach crossovers, because I can't imagine harry using a sword... UGH
You should continue this story its very good
Archleone chapter 2 . 3/3
I don't understand why you're using Japanese names for anything to begin with, since it would make more sense for Death to gear his teaching towards something Harry can understand (English), but I guess it doesn't matter too much.

What I really find bewildering is why Harry's sword is a katana and has a Japanese name. I get that they were always that way in the anime, but... well, that's an anime written by a Japanese person. It's natural that they would stick to Japanese, though it would make more sense if there was a mix of all the languages of the world, considering that people die in more places than in just Japan. Surely some American, or Brit, or African, or whatever would also qualify to become a soul reaper.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that there was a missed opportunity in the original work to be more diverse (which adds depth and keeps characters from being too same-y, even if they're just background characters). There was also a missed opportunity in this story for Harry to have a western blade with an English or Latin name.

Variety is the spice of life, as the old adage goes.

I like the idea of him having a simple hand-and-half sword that becomes a more ornate blade when in shikai form. It would be like taking a simple knight's sword and turning it into something like Excalibur or the Sword of Gryffindor (though probably not actually either of those blades).

It would fit more thematically with "Boy Wizard from Great Britain" theme, and seem less copy-paste from the anime.

It seems like many people can't resist copy-pasting as much as they can from the anime because they either like the anime more than HP, or they think forcing as much as they can together would somehow make the crossover better. That tends to lead to really awful scenarios where Harry is grumbling about how terrible English food is compared to the superior Japanese recipes, and Harry (and the writer) generally coming off as one of those kids you'd meet in middle school or high school that was way too obsessed with things from Japan. A sort of semi-extreme "the grass is greener on the other side" kind of delusion, I guess.
chronodaimon chapter 21 . 2/2
Is this ever gonna be updated again. Really like it
You really should continue this story
Freaye chapter 21 . 12/18/2015
This is a really good story. Though I'd really like to know the history behind the 'Balance' and what eventually happened to the other Soul Reapers over the years. I also really want to see MayLee find an ancient scroll or something mentioning the Shinigami and Hollows.
Guest chapter 21 . 12/14/2015
You're not abandoning this story, are you? I will be most dissapointed if you do... It's very interesting... Keep up the good work!