Reviews for Dark Defense
epic insanity666 chapter 17 . 8/8
love it, just love it
zeyreele chapter 17 . 8/6
Gotta say i was pretty elated to see an update for this! Im sorry to hear about your hard-drive, but i’m glad you’re back. This chapter was in no way a disappointment! I find it an amusing coincidence how you’re back with this story as the actual DMC series comes back tho- like DMC5 is coming soon-ish (next year? I think), and guess who’s back and sexier than ever in DMC5? VERGIL (honestly hes so sexy in the snippets we’ve seen, i want him t me). But anyway- really glad youre back & keeping up the good work!
Lana Plyshevskaya chapter 17 . 8/6
Nice progress of things. By the way, started the translation of the fic into Russian for Ficbook website - 3 chapters in so far, 4th is in progress. Hope to finish by the end of the August (and hope for new content;).
doubledamn chapter 7 . 8/5
Aww, and I was hoping one of them would panic and stab the fire hand with a sword.

Actually, did DMC start the whole DemonAngelNephalem thing? The word existed and while in some cases it's been translated as 'giants', possibly metaphorically, the most consistent definition I found from religious texts was the offspring of 'Sons of Heaven that have laid with the Daughters of Men'.

Basically the offspring when a few of God's soldier-boys took a bit of shore leave.
sad max chapter 11 . 8/3
Vergil is a little shit and would 100% pull that. I'm cackling. I love it.
RandomCitizen chapter 17 . 7/27
Welp. There they go. (Yeah, flying from death is hardly intimidating really, now maybe 'rise from death'...)
TeacupsInTheRain chapter 17 . 7/27
Yaaaaaass im really happy you updated haha
i enjoyed reading this because of how fleshed-out vergil is. I like how you were able to place him in the HP universe seamlessly, and give him some traits that give him a more 3D personality compared to his character in the games (which tbh is kinda flat af). Your sentences flow nicely, which is a great thing because it makes the imagery of the scene easier to digest. My only concern now is the plot of the story, as it looks like the narrative is going to go on a completely different path from the original from this chapter onward. My advice, as someone who had four years of studying literature, is to make sure that your main character does not overpower the narrative. This is because you placed vergil in the HP universe (where he honestly just outclasses everyone there lol he should just be the new head of the ministry of magic), there is a huge potential to turn him into a gary stu. Play more into the human/wizard aspect of him, give him a stumbling block. Another advice i can give you is the usual: tidy up the details and tighten up the narrative. Ask yourself: is it important? Is it useful? Is it needed? That way, every single word you put in the story is charged with meaning. Revise if you must. Like how my teacher used to say, kill your darlings lol

All in all, you did a really good job with this series. Its one of my favorite fanfictions on this site, and i cannot wait to see more of it. Sorry for writing a paragraph lol, i wanted to give my critique to help you improve.

That being said, happy writing!
Vanessa Masters chapter 17 . 7/26
Awesome! Wow, and he killed Bellatrix. Quite gruesomely, I approve. Longing for more :D

So sorry you lost your original notes, but I'm sure you can come up with even more exciting stuff.
Vanessa Masters chapter 16 . 7/26
Oh boy, they're all there at the Ministry, hopefully, Vergil will sense something and can save Sirius. O.o
Vanessa Masters chapter 15 . 7/26
I loved the anime references.

Sailor Moon for one LOL

And the white cat with ribbons, that's the one where the cat grants a girl a wish, but takes their soul, and they have to stop monsters called 'Witches' to keep from becoming witches themselves.

Oh wow, Vergil was bad as, nd so was Dumbledore!
Vanessa Masters chapter 14 . 7/26
I loved the whole Minerva interview, how she shot down Umbridge. Really good, and I laughed at the minister part, I think Harry chose that third option as a a means to rankle Umbridge and Fudge, and I think Vergil would support Harry being a DADA Teacher.

Thou I wonder if anyone will bring up, or notice Harry's irregular, potion perfection. I mean, doing it without notice can't be of the regular, or some advanced technique.

It might be enough to bring a surprised lift of Vergil's eyebrows. XD
Vanessa Masters chapter 13 . 7/25
Well, so they know Harry has a soul fragment, and Vergil makes ample clear his thoughts on Fudge.

That would be neat, an make sense. Merlin being a son of Sparda.
Vanessa Masters chapter 12 . 7/25
Hmmm~ Centaur in the castle, and centaurs predict futre. Hmmm~

And Horcrux, I wonder how Vergil would feel about them? A cowards way of avoiding death maybe?
Vanessa Masters chapter 11 . 7/25
ROFL Vergil loves tormenting Dante.

But that bit between Hagrid, Harry and Vergil, very touching.

BLECK! Harry seeing Voldemort, seduced by Bellatrix. (shudders)
Vanessa Masters chapter 10 . 7/25
Glad to see Harry having time for his friends, and teaching ginny some of that meditation.

LOL sending fire wishkey to Dante, and he loves it. :D Even Vergil has Christmas cheer.

I do feel for Neville, Harry's right. His parents went quick, Neville's are there in body, but not in mind.
1,190 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »