Reviews for These Quiet Times
KTxx chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
I read this on live journal and just had to come on here and leave you a review. This was awesome, so sad yet so cute at the same time. JD and Elliot are awesome! I can't wait to read some more of your stories... I never realised how great some Scrubs fanfics were. So thanks! Great story:)
RunWonderlandRun chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Just came across this, and I have to tell you that it is beautifully written. Elliot was very much in character I think. The story was very bittersweet, but while it didn't have a happy ending, it did have a hopeful one that Elliot will slowly start to heal from her loss. All in all, a great story!
wolfgirlnowandforever chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
This was really bittersweet, but beautiful too. It's so sweet that Elliot and Sammy are like family. I really like this!
Charismaticace chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
This was a very refreshing piece to read. It has a good pace to read: it's doesn't lag and develops well without a spontaneous fix as the climax. I guess the only criticism I would have is I would stretch out the conversation between Elliot and Sam. Depending on how old he is, I am going to guess five or less, I don't think he would be able to understand that Elliot's actions of seeming to hate him would be because of losing a baby. The conversation needs to be built up more so in incremental steps to show the the child's journey from feeling hated to understanding it has to do with the baby. I give it a 96%. Great job and keep writing.
GearzTearz chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
You made me cried
andaere chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
:( Poor Elliot. All she ever wanted was a child of her own. But at least she's accepted Sammy again. This is really well-written, and very touching. Thanks for sharing. :)
Bells of Tomorrow chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Oh, wow... I don't get misty eyed often, but congratulations: You succeeded in making me tear. It's such a hard topic to discuss, let alone write. I can't even imagine what it must be like to lose a child; it's one thing I hope I never know. This was a really amazing one-shot though, it really was. You wrote it beautifully, and gave Elliot, and your readers, something to hold on to by the end of the story. Very well done.
HarrissBoBarriss chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
That was great!
TheSameFatalFlaw chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Weird, I was actually finishing off the next chapter of My Fresh Start when I got this email alert. I'm hoping to post it later tonight, or sometime tomorrow.

I really liked this. When I read the summary, I was actually happy to see you'd decided to write another angst fic, which you haven't done in a while really; MSEL has been quite happy lately. Even if they are depressing, I wish I could write angst like you, you capture those feelings so well.

But actually, this story had a happy and very cute ending. I loved the way Sam brought Elliot back from the brink, and she was silly for ever thinking she couldn't love him. I loved the part when she wondered how Sam made her feel better, when she'd spent so long wondering how to do it herself. That's so Elliot to try and do it on her own, without realising she has people around her for her to lean on. Like I said, you capture that brilliantly.

I've seen a few other stories where Elliot becomes sort of like Sam's 2nd Mom, but I don't know, I just never saw it happening like that. I always thought Elliot would be more like his cool Aunt who let him get away with stuff when he stayed at her and JD's place, and when he had an argument with JD or Kim, she'd be the one he'd talk to. But don't worry, I put that aside when I read this. :)

Anyway, I loved this, great job.
Alice.1993 chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I love this. :) It's so sad, :( even though I've read it about 5 times in the past few days. :lol:

And I love how bittersweet the ending is, it's perfect. :)