Reviews for Vaguely Pathetic
neoxphile chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I really like this insight :)
dyeyell chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Usually I hate UST, mainly because it is so often done poorly with way too much angst. But this felt light and funny and was very in character. I really like how you characterize their relationship as being 'the opposite of fuck-buddies'. Usually for women, we have to turn to other females, and vice versa for males, in order to receive a deep emotional bond that is not steeped in sex. Despite being a shipper, I really do understand why Mulder and Scully would shy away from a sexual relationship if there was any risk to their friendship, of course the assumption being that they know they love each other.

Anyway, this was a lovely story.
ya-fic chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Making brownie with a giraffe. Great line. Great thought behind it, too. Awesome job!
sci-fied chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Hands down favorite line in this story:

'it was that intimacy was so much more than just intercourse.

If there was ever a time he could say that without her getting embarrassed, he'd thank her for it.'

I really liked this! You had Mulder and Scully down to a T. And the way you described their uber-complicated relationship was fabulous.

ilovepadgett chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Wow. That was truly something. Having just recently watched Chimera, the words 'vaguely pathetic' were bouncing around in my head. And you brought them to life.

I absolutely love your reference to a circle to describe Mulder and Scully's relationship. I have used that once before, but yours was phrased so much more eloquently.

The fact that this story was romantic without making me want to throw up is quite an accomplishment. We all know Mulder is not a hopeless romantic, and I thank you for portaying him as he is. Thank you so much for this beautiful piece of writing.
Vega's Ring chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
aw. mulder's so cute.
AllyBallyBee chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Loved it...and in no way pathetic!
ElizabethAnnFanfic chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
He'd really meant to, but like a Mathlete faced with the sudden opportunity to talk to the prom queen, he'd balked. Chicken-shit...

I adore this. You have Mulder's voice just right. I like your take on this post-episode. I think Mulder and Scully were still figuring things out...endlessly at this point. Good stuff.
Yellow Tang chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
You may not have been sure about posting this story, but I am very glad you did. I think it's wonderful. Mulder's thoughts on Scully and the real meaning of a 'significant other' are dead-on, IMHO. I always thought that he had an inner conflict about how to express his feelings for Scully through the years, and although they did finally address it (in a back-handed way) in the series, I would have loved to have a scene just like this play out for viewers. Thanks for a great read.
WildwingSuz chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
You know, I'm not big on angst stories but I did like this one. Mulder's not just feeling a little sorry for himself, he's really thinking things over about as clearly as he ever does regarding Scully. And not actually coming to a conclusion about what to do is not only true to canon (which I like, surprisingly enoguh) but it's very much in character. Well done.
BeshterAngelus chapter 1 . 8/7/2009