Reviews for In A Gadda Da Vida
Sub-Pion chapter 12 . 1/15/2015
This story is truly amazing, one that I read over and over again! My heart goes out to Chris, strong little mofo lol! Thank you for such a wonderful read, Darling!
themoviesh0w chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
OH MY GOD, this story is so... GAH! It's like... an analogy- fu-u-u-u-ck, it's not like an analogy at all! It's incomparable.

Man, people have some fucked up shitty-ass lives, but they're still /people/, and shit... I feel like I had some kind of revelation reading this that will profoundly effect all my future endeavors, but it's more of an intangible, transcendental moment than any 'EUREKA!' discovery.

This was really, really good. In fact, all the stuff of yours I've read it really, really good. Unique situations that really stress the exploration of these characters. Normally, at their worst and most personal we see through some kind of lens rather than first-hand. But, you provide a very intimate insight-it is unrepentant, unashamed, like a secret documentary.

But there's still a /hope/ to this story. There's so much bad shit, but there's still that /want/ to change for the better, and I like how that realization for Christian isn't instantaneous. Earlier in the story he's like "there's nothing to save" and then at the end to him screaming how he doesn't want to end up like Jeff... PROGRESSION! CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! A-A-A-A-H, it's amazing how such glorious examples of what can be considered fantastic literature come from something as raw and tortured as a relentless depiction of an average person's life... if that made sense... A-A-A-A-H!

Point being: this story made me sad. This is the kind of thing that will set manic depressive people off crossing streets with green lights. If I had a bottle of bleach next to me, I might take a sip. And that's, you know, even /with/ the happy ending. If you'd ended it sad, the audience reaction would be like 'The Happening,' except not with trees, but just people reading this story. BUT THAT'S A GOOD THING THAT IT'S LIKE THIS, because life isn't fair sometimes, and life gets ya down, but sometimes life has its high-points too (and you equally represented both, and neither canceled out the beauty or cruelty of the other)-and our reactions are our own. And this story, I guess, in the end, is just a very, very good story and not homicidal tree pollen.

All in all, a great depiction of a tough life using familiar characters as not only a point of entry and interest, but also as a means of exploring those characters beyond the limits that have been shown to us strictly through TV and other media, providing a deeply personal insight (first person point-of-view adding to this intimacy).

Only criticism I have is the author's note at the beginning of Chapter 2. Just gonna say, more reviews doesn't necessarily correlate with the quality of a story. If people aren't reviewing, that doesn't mean you've written a bad story and should stop-have more faith in yourself! New people are always entering the wrestling fandom, and sometimes it takes them a while to get around the block and end up at your house to leave a letter.
XxShawns Guardian AngelxX chapter 12 . 1/16/2010
Jeri that was a fantastic story from start to finish. I don't know why WWE Creative keeps overlooking us. We could write them movies (like this EPIC right here) and make them more money that the fkn Marine -_- Just saying...

Damn. Jeff didn't make it but hell from the way he looked I'm surprised he had strength enough to walk. Poo thing but he's with his brother now so it works.

I'm proud of Christian. I'm so very proud of him and I love that those two are starting a new life together. A new, happy life full of understanding.

Wonderful fic. I applaud you and if I could, I'd give you a big golden idol to worship.
slashdlite chapter 12 . 1/13/2010
At least Christian saw what he could become if he continued his way and yes, it was actually a blessing that Jeff passed on. He was way too gone, too sick, too broken.

Beautiful ending.
takers dark lover chapter 12 . 1/13/2010
This was a great story I loved it. The way you made it all as if Chris was looking back over a year was really good. It's to bad he could safe Jeff but now he is with Matt.

I cried all though this story it was so heartbreaking. One of the best ones I have ever read. And I think you should do a sequel to it when you can.
InsanityPrevails chapter 12 . 1/13/2010
I enjoyed this whole story immensly. It captivated me from the start, beautifully written, gut wrenching and honest. I love how it ended, on a hopeful note. I'd love to read a spin off, if you ever get a chance. Amazing work.
Souless666 chapter 12 . 1/12/2010
That was fantastic.

I loved it from start to finish.

I'll be honest I did want to see what role Taker and Kane (Mark and Glen) played in his early life, but it really was an awesome endevore and I could not be stick with it till the end.

Can't wait for the follow up, if you do one. (Maybe Mark and Glen, will make it into that one. LOL)
Dark Kaneanite chapter 12 . 1/12/2010
I wanna cry for the loss of Jeff, but there was nothing there left to mourn. His life, his spirit had done left his body, leaving only the narcotic dreams floating and driving him onwards.

Oh Christy...*hugs* To have the stark realization right there in front of you, the picture of what you could have become and then to make the choice to pull yourself out of the gutter. Not many people get that, either that or they feel that there's nothing left for them to better themselves for.

I loved it hun, it was the perfect ending, yet not an ending because there's the promise of a new beginning, not just Chris but also for Christy. Matty might be gone but he left his mark on Chris, left his mark on the world whether he knew it or not. Now it's time for Chris to make his, and for Christy to leave his scrawled John Hancock so that neither will be forgotten.

GrandpasGuitars chapter 12 . 1/12/2010
Bravo wf4. Such a beautiful ending. I loved it. Jeff's death was sad, but I think he at least got to die in peace, rather than being raped again (in his condition, he would've died during the rape, wouldn't he have?)

Christian saw what he could and might have been in Jeff, and it was so touching, when he threw the cigarettes down, afraid to go down that road.

Kid with the crazy cat aunt lady... Evan?

Chris might always love Matt, but letting someone else in won't diminish that, and I'm glad he knows that.

(hugs) All around win, hun. I loved it.
Esha Napoleon chapter 12 . 1/12/2010
*crying her eyes out* Beautiful ending ;)
XxShawns Guardian AngelxX chapter 11 . 1/9/2010
Dude. It's like I'm watching some bad ass Clint Eastwood movie or something. This fic is so tense and full of real life drama. Like, if this was a movie I'd watch the hell out of it. Right down my alley since I am a HUGE Clint Eastwood fan.

I'm so happy that Christian is trying. You take it a day at the time but every day is a struggle. And Chris...he's trying to be the big, loving brother but at the same time he knows Christy's got to fight on his own.

Damn that crew and just the image of a pale, junkie Jeff was heartbreaking considering...things. :( So sad.

O.O Girl I was fkn scared! Chris...he's so short and he calls himself Clint from Pale Rider or Rambo? O.O GD he took down Big Kev...Yes. Run Chris! All of you fkn run because to lose anymore of you would be devastating.

Hope you can forgive me for taking so long to get to this. I have like a TON of stuff bookmarked that I need to read. One of these days I'll have time to do what I want.

And you know this was perfect. I thought I was a bunch of chapters behind but it seems I was only one. Ahh well...I still went back to read the last couple of chapters and was reminded about Matty which made me sad.

Can't wait for the next update!

~Nef
GrandpasGuitars chapter 11 . 1/7/2010
Okay, I thought this was just so epic. Imagined it like a movie in my head, especially when Chris went all vigilante on us and pulled the gun on Nash. (hugs) Such a beautiful fic, and take your time- when we get the updates, they just rock.
takers dark lover chapter 11 . 1/7/2010
WOW WOW WOW! Well it was a small amount of pay back for Matt. At least he got Jeff out and that is what Matt would have wanted.

God I was almost in tears reading what Jeff looked like. That was so very sad. And I'm glad he went to Christian's house, at least he know to do that.

Thank you so much for the update!
slashdlite chapter 11 . 1/7/2010
I'm so glad that Chris went to Jeff's rescue. But Nash and his gang aren't going to let this slide. It's about time all of them leave the hellhole. Maybe, there is hope for Christian and Jeff yet with Chris there to help them get back on their feet.

Awesome update!
Dark Kaneanite chapter 11 . 1/7/2010
'Fro *huggles jeff muse and cries* Chris sometimes you can't save everyone but with Jeff going over to Chris/Christy's he sorta made the choice. Although with him as far gone to his addiction it'll be a bumpier road than Christy's for recovery.

I 3 this story dearly. *loveage*