Reviews for Fork in the Road
PADavis chapter 3 . 10/28/2009
Dude, I got to go out and hit things with a stick for a couple of hours and no one told me I was a sociopath.

That was awesome. As was the arguement between Sam and Dean. Really love your 4th season angst - this and Dish it Out really convey the confusion, hurt, anger beautifully.

PADavis chapter 2 . 10/28/2009
Wonderful dialog and characterization. The old duffers are a hoot. And Dean being a natural at golf. And funny, I never thought of E/O as eyes only and now apparently I cannot not think of it that way. LOL

PADavis chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
What a great first chapter - loved the assistant, the coveralls, and Dean inspecting the clubs critically and comparing that with how he knows the world works.

Rinne chapter 6 . 10/5/2009
I enjoyed this immensely. Well done.
spootycup chapter 6 . 9/16/2009
Really good story. After the first episode of season 5 and Dean's confession to Sam about not trusting Sam this story just did it for me... I loved it... I really think Dean needs to kick Sam's ass but, we'll see if that happens...

Great story can't wait for another one like it!
anon chapter 6 . 9/6/2009
Great story! God Sam was such an ignorant ass fourth season though. I almost wish we could have a whole season do-over, really I'd put off season 5 for a year just to not have a dvd where I tend to fast forward all the Sam parts, I mean isn't there some way we could have Cass and a not-completely-blind-asshole Sam?
youthere chapter 6 . 8/24/2009
I always enjoy your ability to find metaphores in unlikely places. Winchester post-hell-issues...the game of glof. Nope, I really would never have come up with that one :) Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it :)
Ash8 chapter 6 . 8/18/2009
Heya. That was absolutely fantastic. My heart was in my throat a few times with the boys thoughts. You captured their Season 4 characteristics perfectly. Love the way you wove the story around a case file and what's been happening to the boys in S4. Skillfully done.

I have to say I reckon you are one of the best dialogue writers around. You give them the perfect lines to say - totally believable. Often funny, but also insightful and heartbreaking.

Can't wait for the next story you write.

Thanks for sharing. Always a joy to read (even when my heart is breaking a wee bit!)
Ciya chapter 6 . 8/17/2009
Watching golf is boring but if the players looked like Dean I'd give it a second chance.
Linnie McCary chapter 6 . 8/15/2009
Very entertaining, happycabbage! Golf bores me silly, but couldn't help but grin all the way through this, as Dean fit in on the course with exactly the same ease as he fit into prison. And into that corporate world you so deftly had him recall.

Awesome job on your part of dovetailing the casefic with the appropriate bro-dynamic, and Sam's POV got nearly as much "air time" as did Dean's on the whole cheating thing, which I appreciate.

Loved Tom and Ed, too...I pictured Statler and Waldorf from The Muppets, and they were wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!
JazzyIrish chapter 6 . 8/15/2009
Great story, from beginning to end. I enjoyed the interesting hunt with a ghost who went after cheaters. Loved Ed and Tom - two old coots who knew about everything - sort of remind me of the magicians in "Criss Angel". Speaking of which, I don't buy that Sam is all that concerned about Dean when at the end of that episode, Sam calls Ruby and tells her he's back in it. When Ruby asks why, Sam says: "'Cause I don't want to be doing this when I'm an old man". There's no "I" in Dean. :(

Anyway, love how you portrayed Dean in this story - he really is a people-person, getting along with Ed and Tom and even learning the game of golf well enough to beat a jerk at a round - without cheating. :) And I agree with Dean, the ghost went after Sam, not Dean. Hope our younger Winchester has learned his lesson so that the boys can reconcile...

Thanks for sharing this fabulous story with us. Until next time...
adder574 chapter 6 . 8/15/2009
Loved it, start to finish. It was so like Dean to offer the advice, and I loved this

"John Winchester, I-will-not-put-up-with-your-crap-and-I’m-heavily-armed school of encouragement."

It's so true. I loved that Dean put Kevin his his place as well and great talks between the boys.

Thanks for writing this.
Tigerdrake chapter 6 . 8/15/2009
I love how you portray both points of view of Sam and Dean fairly and accurately within the series. I especially like Sam's justifications because its rarely been seen these days.
pandora jazz chapter 6 . 8/14/2009
Enjoyed the ending to your story.

It was nice that Tom and Ed came by to visit again. Of course they would have known about Warren and the murder, too cute.

I liked the showdown between Dean and Kevin, glad that it looks like Dean will win the golf match.

You do such a wonderful job of keeping the guys in character, fitting the story in with season four, that it is almost painful and sad to read at times.

I enjoy the light moments and the mystery, but it is so hard to see the guys apart. Maybe Kripke will finally hear us and we will get to see the brothers together again.

Thanks for sharing another story with us, it has been to long. Hope to get another author alert soon.

Until next time, take care.
aevi chapter 6 . 8/14/2009
oh, broken-sam-and-dean... it makes my heart ache. and yet, you know i love your work! so glad to see it up, i've been checking every other day since you mentioned you were working on a new story.

:) i've said it before, and i'll say it again. kripke is definitely missing out. i think you'd do well writing actual scripts for the show.
109 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »