Reviews for Tribulation
cadette chapter 19 . 1/1
Congratulations on finishing a MC fic. I just stayed up 'till 6 reading this because I want to see how it turns out in the end. I have to say you follow really closely the movie, and your portrayal of Anzu is really excellent, considering all the bad Anzu-bashing fics out there. She is really in character in your fic, and I fell so sorry for her at the end when she sent Yami off to Yugi. Love your Miho too. And Joey and his Brooklyn accent.
There are something I find unpleasant though. First of all, I know it's for the purpose of the story, but popular Yami and unpopular Yugi is so cliché. And Yami as a popular kid hanging out with him despite all the consequences (?) he may face. And they love each other 'till the end. Totally cliché. And actually that's not how high school works ('cept in movies). Also I find their romance quite rushed, maybe if you weren't determined to follow the story completely you should consider adding more development (something happens and Yami realize things in Yugi people don't know about, and I'm not talking about just his appearance, etc.) I do believe in love at first sight, and romantic scenes make people do unusual things, but you don't go deciding you're taking a kid you barely know to prom and in a week you fall completely in love with him, until death do you part and all.
Secondly, I find it quite disturbing that Yami, having seen Yugi kill off the entire student body, including his cousin and his friends, would still want to be with him so desperately. Again, I know it's supposed to be a romance fic, but that kinda makes me cringe. I think if you are going with this ending you should portray a dark romance where they have problems but still stay together. Maybe delve a little into their inner thoughts after some time living with each other, how Yugi thinks back to the people they've killed or how Yami may have insecurities of his own, etc.
Last but not least, the one supposed to be prom king candidate and the freak kid everyone bullies kiss and nobody reacts? Talk about lost in the moments...
sorrynoaccount chapter 19 . 8/23/2014
Aw that's cute THEY DIDN'T DIE! yay and Damn Anzu kicked the laws ass via fake identity and partly li's to it's face . Badass you don't see many supportive awesome friend Anzu much in fics much anymore. Loved your story that's was nice
sorrynoaccount chapter 17 . 8/23/2014
Well...Damn at least they didn't die ,but poor Joey that's gotta be the worst feeling having your younger lover just sacrifice themselves for you. But you said this isn't the worst so I gess I have to retract my earlier comment that they won't die who knows it could be surprise death or death by crazy father. Ah well I still like it.
sorrynoaccount chapter 16 . 8/23/2014
Man! 2 hours left to live! why do you do this , I somehow didn't think those to will end up on the death list. I mean I should have gessed but I don't know I just recall that ya said that someone was missing but at the same time my memorie can be wisshy washy , so my brain could of made that up. I gess I have to read the rest to find out. Never seen Carrie but your story is still awesome.
Juliet28 chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Nice Story can't wait to read it :)
Jillangeljinx8 chapter 19 . 6/12/2014
I thought the story was sad but in the end Yami and Yugi had a happy ending. Vivian and the bullys that hurt yugi deserved to die but not Seto poor Joey he lost his love I feel bad for his lost but I thought Yugi's father was a jerk and didn't treat Yugi as his son Kengo is an unholy man.
HippoPi chapter 19 . 9/1/2013
So I just read this for the first time start to finish in two sittings. It's brilliant. It's sad. It's amazing. Thankyou for writing this. Favourited.
Zero02030406 chapter 19 . 7/3/2013
Wow. This is really awesome! But, weird thing is that I'm reading this in2013 and I saw this trailer for a movie called "Carrie" and the thing that happened with the prom in the story happened in the trailer and she did the same thing yugi did! I'm gonna see the movie and see if it is related to your story. Wish me luck!
Guest chapter 19 . 4/6/2013
I feel like an idiot now. I had an idea and read the thing u put at the front of chapter 1
(This is still millenium shadows but too lazy to log in again)
Millenium Shadows chapter 19 . 4/5/2013
This is absolutely one of my favorite stories out there! you are an awesome writer. XD
i love the plot. i first read this a few years ago and it has been a pleasure to reread.
but have you seen the new "Carrie" movie previews? i couldn't help but notice how similar they are
Hows that? because i know that you wrote this first before they probably even got it
Mio12 chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
Poor Yugi. Bad classmates.
Nexus chapter 19 . 9/4/2012
Why oh dear Ra did I not find this fanfic earlier?!
It... was... Amazing, I can't really describe in words how awesome this was to read. All the while that I was reading it, I was imagining it in my head because it was all too well described. I loved the story line overall even if it was a little confusing at first but my fave parts of the story were from chapter 14 with the pig killing at the end, right till the end of the story. Best written part... destruction of the Prom once the blood was dropped over Yami and Yugi's heads. In my head it looked pretty gross but I just couldn't stop reading it no matter how gross I found it.

Loved the little parts of Puppyshipping that were thrown in too, I'm a good Puppyshipper fan, very nice. I also liked it for the fact that Joey was older than Seto for once and so it was forbidden, him being 11 years older than Seto and Seto being a school boy, him a teacher.

Teh lemon at the end, very nice, sent my brain into Yaoi mode and it was heaven. Very well done as lemons are not easy to write at all. Let's just hope that nothing bad ever happened to Yugi after he moves. I love how everyone else thinks he's dead and now he can start over and move away, even though pretty much everyone who previously hurt him, mocked him, tormented him, died in the end.

That's what I loved even more, all the torture Yugi was getting in school and from his father, slowly built up until Prom Night where all those who did him wrong... died, in very painful and unusual yet very realistic and very possible scenes. Even though I'm an atheist and this story was part Christianity, I still enjoyed it.

For me, I thought on the lines on 'when you curse someone, you dig your own grave.' Because everyone who did something bad to Yugi, they were slowly killing him on the inside and they died in retribution.

Anywhoo, long story short, pardone ma french, fucking amazing story, loved it to bits, will probably read it again soon because I loved it so much, you are a very good fanfic writer and if I could rate this out of 10, it would be 100/10, it was... WOW! I can't say anything more, too speechless from the whole reading. I did read this all in one day mind you.

And I think this deserves more reviews!

Lots of loves, I have an account, can't be bothered to log on though...

Nexus
(Over-The-Black-Nexus)
papatrons chapter 19 . 7/25/2012
Was...that the movie Carrie...in yugioh form?
F chapter 19 . 7/24/2012
That was a good story ! Keep up the good work !
cocobyrd87 chapter 19 . 7/5/2012
Great story! I had a feeling once I started reading it that it had to be just like Carrie. I loved it! I'm glad there was happy ending ;) good work!