Reviews for The Size of His Dream
Tanba Josav chapter 1 . 1/25
loved your story, just the idea that it was Pike that recruited McCoy. That he saw the man behind the grumpy cynic, loved it
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 1 . 10/26/2016
I love how it's like "there's all the other kid recruits that Pike had looked over...
...And then there's McCoy."

You do a wonderful job of portraying Bones' character; the Bones that we get a very tiny glimpse of on the shuttle. He's a broken man, fresh outta divorce, and has "...nowhere else to go". And yet the genius of him, the expertise in his field, the no-nonsense McCoy is still there, and Pike recognizes it. Wonderful job!
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Liked this.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
ah, that's so great. i love McCoy. recognition of his genius is bonus.
Syril Silverleaf chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Nice.

I must admit that Karl Urban's Bones is a fav of mine.

-Syril SIlverleaf
bemj11 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
This was interesting. I really enjoyed. The characters were believable, real. Keep up the good work.
redwingsgirl514 chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
Lol, could have been a deleted scene from the movie! Thanks for getting this bit out on paper, er, on the computer screen, to share with us. :)
snlover10 chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
I LOVE this. When he said ''I have got nowhere else to go.'', it was epic. Love Bones.
konrai chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
cool story fills in a nice gap in the movie i hope you write more of this
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Nice take on a first meeting. Makes the fact that he got rousted out of the bathroom on the shuttle even funnier. And the fact that he enlisted when he'd rather be near his little girl even sadder.

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed this short piece very much.

-Ellie
Christina TM chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Really nice work, as usual :). A lot of fics focus on Pike meeting Kirk, but McCoy seems to be kind of forgotten. I bet he would have made quite the impression.
Barcardivodka chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Superb. Brilliantly written.
Hidden Relevance chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Oh man.. poor McCoy! Love this scene between Pike and McCoy.. it really rings true ya know?
Adri chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
This was a good piece, I felt it was very believable. I especially love the "Mickey" reference. It's nice to know other people out there are reading old pocketbook Trek novels like "Uhura's Song"!
trecebo chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Very cool. Fits right in to the movie, and is very much McCoy. Boo-yah!