Reviews for Margaret, Are You Grieving?
Deweynumbers chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
You have given Miss Galindo an authentic voice, and captured Lady Ludlow's unthinking hypocrisy in her dismissal of Margaret. Independence may be sanctioned, but not chosen.
Miss Pseudonymous chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Wow. Well, even if I hadn't read your profile I would be able to tell from your writing that you're a professional in the field. Wow. Are you published?
Siggy chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
There is something about Miss Galindo - both in Emma Fielding's portrayl and as described by Mrs Gaskell - that makes me both smile and almost weep.

This is a lovely depection both of her personality and her essential dilemma. Of course, the romantic in me could not help but smile at her thoughts of Mr Carter. I can't help thinking that Mrs Gaskell would have loved Philip Glenisters portrayal of that stern man - even if he wasn't quite the character she created.
the doctor's next dance chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
"But a woman is never so vulnerable as in the moment when she contemplates herself in the looking-glass."

Too true! I can really hear Miss Galindo's voice in this - and very wise she is, too!

I loved the way in which you looked at how independent spirits were treated in the world back then. Miss G is encouraged by Lady Ludlow, pretty much, whereas Margaret is cast out for being independent, stuck in limbo between two classes.

Thanks for sharing :)
SHUTDOWNNOW chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Great! Loved it!

I just can't get enough of how you capture the characters totally and completly.

I have noticed a sdden decline in Cranford fics again, and will be sure to add this one to the community. I shall also mail you as I beleive we have much to catch up on!

theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Miss Galindo has become the romantic heroine of a corpus of Cranford fan fiction, but never before, I think, has a story been told from her point of view. It's a salutary reminder of her as we first meet her, before she became our heroine! You catch her character and her crisp cast of speech and thought so well that I can hear and see the scene before me as I read it. It also catches her views of Lady Ludlow and Mr Carter very accurately, her unwilling pity for the one and her attraction to the other, and of poor, rejected Margaret. A salutary reminder of the ability of Lady Ludlow's prejudices to make or break someone's future. All encapsulated into less than 1,700 words! Well done.