Reviews for Strangers
AracadiaMaxwellValentine-26 chapter 7 . 2/25/2012
wicked story but i was wondering do you know what F.A.B. means i've been trying to figure it out but i cant, i love how u incorporated all the story lines from when they had their mom/wife to the tragity of losing her to trying to get themselves back together as a whole but still remembering their mother/wife...
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 8/10/2010
Good grief! There's hope for the Fourth Estate. A paparazzi with a conscience... yes, Stan needs a new line of work. A conscience is neither wanted nor required for those like Rob.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Cute family photo of the Tracy clan when they were younger.
Fran L chapter 7 . 7/21/2010
What a FANTASTIC story! I absolutely love it, I think this must be one of my favourites ever!

First of all, I love the way you use the strangers to give an outside-looking-in perspective; it was a really refreshing way of seeing the family. I thought your characterisation was right on the money, not only of the family, but of the strangers - I could see every single one of them.

I most loved how clear you made it that they're a very close family, without it ever slipping into maudlin cutesiness that's a bit 2D. And although I really liked them all, the porter was definitely my favourite new face. 'This isn't a very funny practical joke' - priceless!

The only observation I'd point out is that there was the occasional British turn of phrase. I imagine in America they might say 'excellent' instead of 'brilliant', or 'cart' instead of 'trolley'.

But that's v minor. As I say, for the fantastic characterisation and writing, and the genuinely interesting insights these key moments offered, this has to be in my Top 5 stories ever (and believe me, I've read a LOT of fanfic!). Thanks so much for sharing!
A Writer In A Wheelchair chapter 7 . 11/29/2009
I'm very glad you started writing and posting your stuff here. This is a really great story! I think we don't realise enough how much we touch others with our words and actions and how little time it takes to do that.
SerenaDeb chapter 7 . 11/29/2009
I loved this story. It was beautifully written and each chapter revealed a different aspect of the Tracy family.

You had me hooked from the first chapter with the shop assistant. I hope you are planning to write more.
lightcudder chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
A very good story - mature and thoughtful. I liked the build up throughout the chapters and the development. One of the few Thunderbirds stories I have really enjoyed ( most are too 'fluffy' for me!)

Thank you for a good read!

whatsnext chapter 7 . 11/2/2009
Absolutely lovely! I sure hope you do intent to write more stories for I couldn't stop reading when I'd started this one.
River Eagle chapter 7 . 10/28/2009
Hey, thought this story was great! You did a great job
criminally charmed chapter 7 . 10/10/2009
Nice way to finish it, m'dear...

Of course, if you REALLY want to continue...Far be it from me to stop you.
Vaughany chapter 6 . 10/6/2009
I love banter between the brothers and that was classic. I love Scott being drunk too. That should happen more often. It was great and very well written. Good old Gordon for being the life and soul of the party even after his accident ad clearly in pain! :(
Vaughany chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
Wow, that makes me wish they were real. I have a question though albeit probably a stupid one but why did you choose Alan to work the Mole with Virgil? I have to say I expected it to be Gordon. For me him and Virgil are the obvious pair I think. The chapter was very complex to understand but worked well :) I'm sad that there aren't any more to read :(
BoomerCat chapter 7 . 10/4/2009
This was nice. I liked the way it progressed from when they were children up to an actual rescue. Not sure I get where the idea that Virgil is a medic came from, but I enjoyed how you portrayed each of the brothers. Very much in character, and nice to see Alan in particular shown as a capable adult. Thank you for this set of vignettes.
quiller chapter 7 . 10/4/2009
Hi there

Hoping this time ffnet manages to send all of my review and not eat half of it.

Just for the record, what I was trying to say last time was that I loved your description of Jeff as 'a cowboy who had been cleaned up and put in a suit'. Very apt - and a nice tie-in with the character's 'Bonanza' origins.

I also liked the fact that Stan from ch2 had obviuosly done well for himself. I wonder if Jeff ever knew about that photo he didn't take?

Now onto your current ch. Here we are more on familiar ground with a rescue scenario, but again we see it through an outsider's eyes. (And again a couple of visits from the space and apostrophe-eating monster).

I liked here the way Ben had to reconcile the men who saved him with his previous idea of IR, and the scene when he watched Alan tending Virgil's wounds 'knowing each other so well they didn't need words'.

This whole series, showing us the Tracys from small children through the troubles and triumphs of their lives to men fulfilling their roles as rescuers, has been a pleasure to read. An established author would be proud of this work, so as a newcomer you should be even prouder.

Now, how to top this?

Well, there's a Halloween challenge coming up...

black4minister chapter 7 . 10/4/2009
oh, haha, this was your last one anyway. lol, funny.

this was a great story, it's always interesting to get the point of view of some one who doesn't really know what they're looking at. and i loved the two bys, totally professional. brillent.

all in all this was a great series. it was very well written and thought out, the only thing wrong is that it's over!

well, maybe you'll write more for us to enjoy, hm? i'll be looking out for it!

blacky xox