Reviews for Steps In Life
VonPelt chapter 2 . 10/20
I am confused about this story. On one hand it makes you sad but on the other hand most of the problems are solved way too rushed (like a random goblin overriding Dumbledore's actions). It would need some serious rework to get rid of these problems.
BadAZKenB chapter 1 . 10/9
I know this has been posted/completed long ago but has been in my favs. for a while and I reread from time to time. It's too bad there wasn't a small edit in this first chapter about the "wandless shrinking" of cage and trunk.
Just an extra sentence to explain (perhaps) a built in or added feature shrinking charm that he had paid to have put on his items. At this point in his canon education, he did not show any knowledge of such things.
Still, a story I like to read again occasionally.
Snaggledog chapter 15 . 9/27
I enjoyed this story very much. Very unique and kept my interest throughout. The end of Voldy was a complete surprise and I've never seen it done before. Good job!

Thanks for sharing your work and the time that it took to write it.
When did wormtail escape?
PGHammer chapter 4 . 8/30
Poor Filius - he did NOT deserve to get whacked with Hermione's Only Prank; neither did Minerva. (Remember that spell Hermione cast before she passed on? THAT was the Prank - and it was on the entire MEA. She literally gave Harry ALL the power of her Misplaced!Ravenclaw brain. Eventually he WILL Figure It Out - but will he tell Minerva?) Why am I sure Filius will figure it out? Three reasons: he's not Head of Ravenclaw for nothing - he does have a Charms Mastery himself. Reason the Second - he doubtless was quite aware that Harry was holding back in HIS classes. (Charms was Harry's second-strongest class - only to Defense; however, that is - in and of itself - fishy, and would certainly have smelled off to Filius himself. (HINT- What is the OTHER Mastery of Filius Flitwick?)) Minerva may have a clue - and it has to do with the third of Harry's Masteries - who was the ONLY student ahead of canon!Harry in Transfiguration? (However, at this point, Hermione is merely missing, as far as Minerva is aware.)
DylanL chapter 15 . 8/12
interesting story. i admit i had my reservations and still think you should add the major character death warning to the summary, but i was pleasantly surprised with just how much i loved this story. i got so into it at times that i had to stop reading and calm myself bc i was getting so worked up at the things in the story. there are the issues i already mentioned about things not making sense and some of your actions have brought up questions that are still unanswered, like how was bella not in azkaban, what happened to the other followers that were there, what happened to tonks and remus. also why did marble die, why didnt arthur control ron better. i think you put too many things into the later chapters that you didnt finish. still a great story though as i have come to expect from your other works i have read.
DylanL chapter 10 . 8/12
it doesnt make sense that the goblins would let a known traitor live. WHOA there was no DA in this story. harry is the legit defense professor not a student teacher.
DylanL chapter 8 . 8/12
ok now i am very confused. one minute voldemort wants to kill wormtail, the next he has him fetching bella, and then the next he is having wormtail kill himself. you really need to make up your mind and edit the story to reflect that.
DylanL chapter 7 . 8/12
oh so the wormtail from last chapter was a plant. i had forgotten about him being captured until i started this chapter. but voldemort knew wormtail was captured and had planned to eliminate him.
DylanL chapter 6 . 8/12
hold on. when did bellatrix escape? at the point in canon that you deviated, she was still in azkaban.
DylanL chapter 4 . 8/11
wait, why didnt hermione capture rita in this story?
DeathsTouchOfLife chapter 11 . 8/10
I think sever-fish would have worked so much better just a bit of positive criticism
Also so far loving the story it's such an amazing idea to have Harry just shut down Albus plan every single time with help from,of all groups/people,the ministry or at least the good people of them instead of people such as:FudgeBroanie(AKA Minister Fudge),Umbridge,and all the death eaters who are part of the wizemgamot or however you spell it
mrs moonie chapter 6 . 8/7
I thought wormtail had been caught in an earlier chapter?
Did he escape? I must have missed that somewhere.
DylanL chapter 1 . 8/6
damn that is a heavy first chapter. you really really need a 'Major character death' warning in your summary. it isnt like it si a secret to be revealed later in the story so there is nothing being given away and it will alert people that it is there before they start reading just in case they dont like that. i know the summary says he will lose some one close to him, but that could mean an OC that harry became friends with and still was close too during the summers.

also want to say that hermione was extremely ooc in this, everything from having a vision to taking a potion with harry's sperm in it w/o his knowledge. i admit that i love AU stories but i am wary of continuing. i will read chapter 2 then see if i think i will enjoy the story
At least she has a heart.
1,081 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »