Reviews for Not Tonight
Licoriceallsorts chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Dear Mint

I felt a twinge of fellow-feeling when I read your post over at the Genesis Awards forum saying your fics didn't get much attention, so I though I'd pay your writing a visit and be nice... But I don't need to be nice now. I can be sincere instead. This is exactly the kind of stuff I come to to read, but so rarely find. It is beautifully written; I think the technical term is underwritten, which to me means it has a deceptive simplicity. It strikes the right tone of love and sadness and continual, but rather strained, hope. I like fiction which leaves a lot unsaid but at the same time lets me know exactly what goes between the lines (does that make sense?).

Anyway, enough of that. I'm off to read another one of your fics now.

Oh, I also wanted to say that I didn't notice any grammatical errors, not that I was looking. I was reading for pleasure.
spopococ chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
BAH!

Loved this.

You really have a wayy with angst, don't you? lol.

I have never before loved CloTi as I do right now. I think you're converting me. I'm a little scared of that. lol.

ANYWAY!

After reading your other stories, I find this third person (? Is it? I'm horible with naming them)perspective very much adored by me personally. Not that there was anything about your second person (? lol) perspective, but you managed to utilize this style amazingly well. I'm very impressed.

"One arm rests at the small of her back while one her hands sits at his chest" - I think you're missing an "of" perhaps?

Other than that, wonderful spelling and grammar once again, and an emotional read that tugs at the heart strings.

ADORED it. :)
ajax710vv chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Hey I read this and I thought that it was a pretty good one shot. I can totally see Cloud/Tifa acting like that for a while, but eventually breaking the trend, which you do a good job of foreshadowing with the ending of the story. good job!

-ajax
mom calling chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Hey Mintbanana, if it IS tomorrow, will you write it for us? I like that neither of them coerces the other, but they belong together and sometimes I feel like Yuffie in my impatience to get them secure enough to make the move. Sometimes the freedom to make choices goes away, and then you're totally screwed.(Or not.) They still have the freedom and are asking each other the right questions, so I guess I'm just old and worried... thanks for inviting us over, and let us know if we can celebrate for these knuckleheads... mc
JessicaJ chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
I was just sifting through the newer releases, to try and offer an encouraging boost to fellow authors, when I found this.

Its interesting to read this, as my usual pairing in Vincent/Tifa, which I rarely stray from.

From reading this, I get the impression that perhaps you are not normally a Cloti writer? I could be wrong, its just the sadness Tifa feels for the lack of anything in her relationship with Cloud adds a sort of dejection to the tone of this story. It seems she is waiting for something to happen, and if it does, it won't be quite what she expected.

Or perhaps not, I suppose I am rather biased.

Good work
Soyna chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Tease.
kitsune13 chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I haven't got much to say in this review because it was just a perfect, quiet, wonderful short but it deserves lots of reviews because its such a perfect, quiet, wonderful short. I do appreciate that it's Cloud that breaks the pattern even if only the slightest bit to start.
Fairheartstrife chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
This was soft and sweet. I loved it. Adding to favorites.

I'd offer a more in-depth review but my head is pounding. Just know that it's awesome!