Reviews for Deceiving Appearances
2BBornot2BB chapter 5 . 11/15/2009
Aw - I've gone all tingly. What a sweet story! I particularly liked the last line ... "And she whispers it back." See - they've just got to take a chance on each other. Thanks for a lovely read :-)
kimmcg chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
wow very strong story line , more please
Interest Me chapter 5 . 8/14/2009
Irresistable.

I listen to her words, knowing she just needs an audience right now *sweet moment*

“I never thought I would get married Booth. You know that, I’ve told you on numerous occasions.” *Such a Bone's statement.*

Hell I’d obey her too *So funny! I loved this.*

“And it’s made me miss my mother.” *Sniff, Sniif*

For all the good it does me with Miss ‘I need scientific evidence to substantiate that.’ *Snort!*

And she whispers it back. *Such a sweet ending.*

Interest Me chapter 4 . 8/14/2009
Nice Kiss. Things are spinning now.

And as she slipped her fingers into mine and laid her head upon my shoulder I wondered how I was ever going to be just her partner, again *Right!*

“Not out there Booth.” My name is a ghost of a whisper on her lips. For somebody who embraces every character she plays with gusto, she sure is reminding me this evening, that it is me she is talking too, and not my alter ego *Nice observation! It makes her using his real name so meaningful.*

Oh boy. *I had to laugh at this line. Very cute.*

Interest Me chapter 3 . 8/14/2009
Aw. You did such a nice job setting the scene and tone, and still amped up the emotion. I can't help but react!

Her eyes were sparkling like the diamond on her finger as she held her champagne glass. *nice image**

And her lips were berry colored, as if she had tasted cherries and the juice had stained her skin.I wanted to kiss her. And see if they tasted as sweet as they looked. *so many senses to choose from!*

I gently took the champagne from her and set it on a nearby table, where candlelight flickered over its surface, making the bubbles look burnished in the light. *This paints such a warm understated picture. The bubbles make me think of the excitement just under the calm veneer.*

Her words are like cocoa on a cold evening whilst it’s snowing outside. They fill me with warmth. And hope. *What a comforting metaphor. But you always have been great with metaphors!*

Interest Me chapter 2 . 8/14/2009
Ouch Ouch Ouch. You're making my heart hurt! Here are some gems I mined:

Forgive me father for I have sinned.

I have stood before Jesus and lied *WOW. This would affect Booth spiritually, regardless of the temporary nature. Nicely done.*

And the pain in my chest eased slightly when she said them so earnestly back. But she loved going undercover, acting. To her these were empty promises, embellishments to her role, and that cut a little deeper. *Again, just OUCH*

I had finally cracked. I actually wanted to talk to a psychiatrist. Too bad Gordon Gordon wasn’t around. *Gordon Gordon is like a superhero!*

this may be all over tonight *No. This will shred Booth's heart. But the longer this continues-the tinier the pieces will be. Darn you ELM-I can't decide if this needs ripped off like a bandage, or if the slow, sweet, torture should begin.*

Interest Me chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
This is a great idea Elm! This plot is show-worthy if HH is still intent on keeping them apart-this could be a steam valve, if you will. Here are some of my favorite lines:

He stares at the ghosts in my eyes and nods. *Very nice. It conveys so much!*

Their fragrance scents the air and I will never be able to smell them again without thinking about how beautiful she looks. *I just love this. Poignant!*

If I ever were to marry for real, it would be you." *She is such a heartbreaker! This is such a bittersweet comment! Nicely done.*

sweet psychologist chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
please update soon! A very beautiful, well-written romantic story
royr1177 chapter 5 . 8/11/2009
That is a very sweet kind loving story. Very well written and amazingly romantic. great job!
divine529 chapter 5 . 8/11/2009
This is a fantastic story and I wish that this wasn't the end. Great chapter and I can't wait to read your future work. Keep up the good work.
feii chapter 5 . 8/11/2009
Amazing, simply amazing! I love your style of writing, this is a great story. Can't wait for the next chapter! :)
corgimom chapter 5 . 8/11/2009
Wonderful story!
Jdragonfire29 chapter 5 . 8/11/2009
Brava!
BonesMama78 chapter 5 . 8/11/2009
OMG, I teared up. The chapters may be short, but they ARE powerful.
Deja and Darcie chapter 5 . 8/11/2009
This was such a beautiful story! Although I love seeing them undercover, I loved the way you gave them a "lucky break" so that they could confess their feelings without being worried that the undercover stuff was getting in the way. I loved how Brennan explained why she didn't want to get married. It makes sense that she just didn't want to be hurt again, but I think she would have wanted what her parents had, even if she was abandoned, it didn't make her parent's love any less real.

I wish you would go on with this, but it's an excellent ending. I just hate seeing good things come to an end.

Deja