Reviews for A Chance Encounter
S1203 chapter 23 . 4/14/2012
Once again, great story you have here...I cant forget it...and hope that you will continue one day.
Qwd chapter 23 . 3/15/2012
I consider this the best of any AU story on ff or anywhere. If I could, I would plump up those reviews to the thousands it deserves...

The writing is so wonderful, I am sure the story will be complete. I'm sure fans of this story wish you encouragement to continue, but also promise to be patient, because it is worth it.
santamia chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Oh I MISS this story so much...not sure if you are reading the reviews but I just wanted to let you know in case you are. This is the first AU story I ever read on fanfic and I have such a soft spot for it, even though I'm angry at your Edward, HATE what he did with Tanya, what he did to Bella, what The Cullen's did to Bella how they betrayed her by wanting Edward to move on even if the separation had been his choice his doing etc...even with all that, I still miss your story so much, this is NOT a "please update, i dont care how busy your life is, I just want my update" kind of review, its simply a huge fan of the story that wants you to know how much your story is loved and missed and hopes one day you might finish it. Take care!
shellyduran chapter 23 . 3/7/2012
This is my first ever review here so please, please, please finish this story! I absolutely love this story and really want to see the resolution and have all those unanswered questions answered.
MelbieToast chapter 23 . 3/2/2012
I have so enjoyed your story dear, deeply moving on an emotional level. To reach such rock bottom of misery and sadness, and then with the help of othets, claw your way back to the living ( yes I can identify when over 30 yrs ago the love of my life broke me completely ). So many women have been broken by the men they loved ( the song Jar of Hearts comes to mind ). Alas few of us have an Edward to persist in coming back to "fix it" but we love a HEA in fiction I guess because it is seldom the case in real life.

I do hope very much you continue this story and finish is obvious you have invested so much work, love and heart into this, it would be a shame if you didn't finish. Or you could treat this pivotal chapter as the last and just write an epi at least?

Thank you for writing this very moving and deep story !

xoxo fro MelbieToast
Tigris DivingHawk chapter 23 . 1/5/2012
very good story I am happy t see Edward and Bella starting to work it out maybe if Dimitry is not going to go back to Aro he might "Meet" Tanya and solve that problem keep up the good work I can't wait to see an update
ficfangirl chapter 23 . 1/3/2012
More, please.
cat5050 chapter 23 . 12/30/2011
Oh erin! This is SO good. Quite unsure how I found it-maybe The Lemonade Stand? I stuck it on kindle, and sit here piteously wanting MORE! Will we see more of Vic? Who was the dark haired girl with Emmett? (Couldn't be Alice-Bella would have known her?)

This is SO how it could have been after Twilight, before New Moon went where it did. I think maybe I should go review in every chapter just to up your numbers. I'll go check the other til I get more of this...
fanofstories chapter 23 . 12/23/2011
Oh let the progress take a couple steps back. I loved the angry Bella. She still needs to vent and beat the shit out of the whole Cullen family. I believe loyalty and trust is the true foundation of any relationship. When that is compromised it is very hard to rebuild that relationship.

I say more hurt and angst conversations. I think Bella should flip her lid again when Edward gets around to talking about Tanya.

I have to say the other story "Secret Sex" is the polar opposite of this story. This one being much darker and characters struggles are different. Yeah, both are love stories, but how the love is maintained are so different.

In "Secret Sex" I was blown away on the kind of love, commitment, and communication between the characters. It's like a fantasy love. Something a lot of people hope/dream to find, but in reality may not find. Or if they do, if falls apart for some reason and it cannot be fixed. To be so free and be truly be yourself with someone would be a wonderful thing.

While in "A Chance Encounter" they loved each other, but so much was misunderstood. Leading to the mistrust and loyalty situations. And sad to say I see more of this kind of relationship in my life, family and friends.

Anyways, I appreciate the depth of your writing in both stories. To convey and pull an emotion from a reader is a gift. Hope to feel emotions from the next chapters. Thank you again.
Monica chapter 23 . 11/30/2011
Wow! It's very good! I hope get to write more. Bella going back to the Cullen's? Her reaction? Their reaction? Bella recovering? Edward showing Bells, his forgiveness? How long will it take Bella to forgive and trust the rest of the Cullen's? Maybe Bella seeing Jake again? Bella seeing Collin and Jennifer again?
ginkgo00 chapter 2 . 11/8/2011
Maybe it's a future thing, but I didn't know there were elk on Long Island. White tails galore, but I've never seen an elk.
SurpriseEnding chapter 23 . 11/5/2011
Please update.
Ke ke chapter 23 . 8/31/2011
Waiting for next ch.
Alexis Winn chapter 23 . 8/28/2011
I don't know. I'm conflicted. On the one hand, there's a truth to these characters, a sense of realism to their pain (for a bunch of immortal beings who rarely changes, anyway). That's good. That's something to grasp onto. On the other hand, that sense of pathos is completely devoid from S. Meyer's story. It's hard to say that this Edward is the natural progression from S. Meyer's Edward - that one is a prude; this one seems to have truer [male] Victorian values.

Edward left Bella. I suppose, in a moment of grief and a lapse in judgment, he could have fallen into Tanya's arms and then stayed with her due to guilt and a desire to move forward. And if I squint hard and turn my head sideways (metaphorically speaking), I guess I could believe that of this Edward and his relationship with Tanya. It is, however, not quite believable in the story the other characters told, especially not Jasper, who should have a better grasp than anyone on how people (or vampires) react in certain situations.

With Bella, though, I don't have similar reservations. This Bella is most certainly a natural conclusion of S. Meyer's Bella (at least up until this point - I'm not sure S. Meyer's Bella was ever so self-aware enough to know that she played a huge part in her own catatonic state). That brings us to this chapter and my favourite part in your Bella's development. I love that she finally understands that it's not just Edward who is causing all the pain and that she's contributing by passively letting him do as he does. I love that she understands that she's not the only one in pain and that Edward is also, despite his possibly not quite deserving of that understanding due to his having played larger part in bringing about all the grief.

All in all, this has certainly been a chapter that had made enduring the angst all worth it. I like when the payoff is good! I know where I want the characters to go next (for Bella for find who she is admist the grief - she has essentially been emotionally frozen and stuck in time in the moment Edward left her for ~50 years; for Edward to truly understand what he truly did to their relationship and to her and not just understand that there's a lot of pain and grief that can be laid at his feet), but I am really looking forward to where you go with this because you have surprised in terms of making me like this story when the odds against me liking it (see the paragraph about Edward _).

I hope you update soon. Have fun writing!
Eric's No 1 lover chapter 23 . 8/23/2011
I'm glad that Bella has decided to give Edward a chance; really she was just hurting them both when she was pushing him away. Now hopefully they have a chance of happiness.

It was nice to see a new chapter of this but I had to go back and read some chapters to work put what was happening, it would be good if you could add a recap if there's a long gap between chapters
761 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »