Reviews for A Chance Encounter
ginkgo00 chapter 2 . 11/8/2011
Maybe it's a future thing, but I didn't know there were elk on Long Island. White tails galore, but I've never seen an elk.
SurpriseEnding chapter 23 . 11/5/2011
Please update.
Ke ke chapter 23 . 8/31/2011
Waiting for next ch.
Alexis Winn chapter 23 . 8/28/2011
I don't know. I'm conflicted. On the one hand, there's a truth to these characters, a sense of realism to their pain (for a bunch of immortal beings who rarely changes, anyway). That's good. That's something to grasp onto. On the other hand, that sense of pathos is completely devoid from S. Meyer's story. It's hard to say that this Edward is the natural progression from S. Meyer's Edward - that one is a prude; this one seems to have truer [male] Victorian values.

Edward left Bella. I suppose, in a moment of grief and a lapse in judgment, he could have fallen into Tanya's arms and then stayed with her due to guilt and a desire to move forward. And if I squint hard and turn my head sideways (metaphorically speaking), I guess I could believe that of this Edward and his relationship with Tanya. It is, however, not quite believable in the story the other characters told, especially not Jasper, who should have a better grasp than anyone on how people (or vampires) react in certain situations.

With Bella, though, I don't have similar reservations. This Bella is most certainly a natural conclusion of S. Meyer's Bella (at least up until this point - I'm not sure S. Meyer's Bella was ever so self-aware enough to know that she played a huge part in her own catatonic state). That brings us to this chapter and my favourite part in your Bella's development. I love that she finally understands that it's not just Edward who is causing all the pain and that she's contributing by passively letting him do as he does. I love that she understands that she's not the only one in pain and that Edward is also, despite his possibly not quite deserving of that understanding due to his having played larger part in bringing about all the grief.

All in all, this has certainly been a chapter that had made enduring the angst all worth it. I like when the payoff is good! I know where I want the characters to go next (for Bella for find who she is admist the grief - she has essentially been emotionally frozen and stuck in time in the moment Edward left her for ~50 years; for Edward to truly understand what he truly did to their relationship and to her and not just understand that there's a lot of pain and grief that can be laid at his feet), but I am really looking forward to where you go with this because you have surprised in terms of making me like this story when the odds against me liking it (see the paragraph about Edward _).

I hope you update soon. Have fun writing!
Eric's No 1 lover chapter 23 . 8/23/2011
I'm glad that Bella has decided to give Edward a chance; really she was just hurting them both when she was pushing him away. Now hopefully they have a chance of happiness.

It was nice to see a new chapter of this but I had to go back and read some chapters to work put what was happening, it would be good if you could add a recap if there's a long gap between chapters
Reinbeau chapter 23 . 8/19/2011
Loving it. You can certainly see how you are maturing as a writer as the story has progressed.

Now: Glad to hear the next chapter has started, any idea when we may get to see it? :)
Merrisol chapter 23 . 8/17/2011
This is one of my favorite stories and I am so glad that you have decided to continue writing it. They are both such sad, damaged characters. I hope there is peace and maybe even a little bit of happiness in store for these two soon.
Alexandra chapter 23 . 8/14/2011
im a big fan of this story and im really looking forward to less time between updates :)

Also cant wait to read more about Bella and Edward, now when they are together again :D

Hoping for some drama and love between them

/ A
Fullofpassion09 chapter 23 . 8/11/2011
Just got into this story and it twist me up and tears me apart... Hopefully it can put me back together. Truly intriguing, I like that they're realistic in their faults and battles within themselves and together.
Fullofpassion09 chapter 3 . 8/10/2011
Love this Edward... Dr, Lamborghini, brooding... Yum and Alice is a hoot
BethMasenCullen chapter 23 . 8/9/2011
Hi! I'm so glad Bella is finally letting herself choose Edward. I want them to make some happy, new memories too... Cannot wait to see what happens next!
sujari6 chapter 23 . 8/8/2011
I still don't think Edward deserves Bella. He stays a virgin all those years and then after he meets and pushes his soulmate away he betrays her by having sex with Tanya. There's no way he can justify that. Viktor is a far more decent and honourable man.I hope she returns to him.
dlajmc chapter 23 . 8/8/2011
very nice hated the bad language at the start almost stopped reading too much but these last several chapters have been good I really enjoy them and am looking forward to more want to know Edwards deal with Tonya How is he going to justify that hard pill to swallow thanks for your work getting better all the time
twlighttina chapter 23 . 8/7/2011
UPDATE AWESOME

AND SO WE MOVE ON

LOVE IT EXCITED TO READ NEXT CHAPTER.
santamia chapter 23 . 8/6/2011
Im still here this story is still one of my all time favorites. I must be honest with you, I just cant get my self to feel badly for Edward? We still don't know what happen with Tanya but it kills me to think of what he had with her that he didn't with Bella.(his virginity?) For 45 years Bella has believed Edward didn't want her, dint love her, didn't need her, the way she needed and loved him and that is a long time lots of years of anguish, sadness etc...The deep pain and betrayal she has felt because of him kills me, who she has become because of him and the pain he has caused her kills me. Its just one big sadness. I did love the back story of the meadow seeing from a vampire perspective of what he felt, what he endure physically every time he was with her.

I'm taking a guess here but maybe he wanted to move on with Tanya? eternity is a long time so he maybe felt he needed to move on and make the best of his existence? second best and all that? but what kills me is that he left Bella. HE walked away from her left her behind, he made a life for himself, became a doctor, had a career, had his loving supporting family, had something with Tanya (sex, relationship?...)and she all she had was memories, good and very bad ones, pain, loss, she was left behind. She then has spent the last 2 years in a weird trance that she had to put herself under so that she could coupe with eternity so not to feel the pain, loss, BETRAYAL Edward and The Cullen's have brought on again...So Im just wanting Bella to get better and have some happiness and I know it might be Edward that helps her? but im not sure he deserves her yet. I know its been bad for him as well BUT Bella is the one that I care about in this story, Edward to me seems so selfish, he had support, love...

Anyways I Love this story hard, and wish you could update all the time lol but Im grateful for this update, THANK YOU!
751 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »