Reviews for A Chance Encounter
santamia chapter 26 . 12/3/2016
Wow...I never thought this story would be finished...the writing had me book from day one. I'm devastated by this chapter. Edward was NOT truly Bella's mate, especially after reading what C told Esme about mates... How was he able to think Tanya was Bella? He is a vampire that can read minds! His senses should have told him everything was wrong from the first look! How is his relationship with Tanya now? Obviously she is still important to him and the Cullen's if she was allowed to stay, stop him from going after Bella, and included in the family's meeting etc. I just don't understand one bit. He gave tanya something that he obvious cherished so much! He gave her something he never gave Bella. and Bella, poor thing still stuck in this misery because Edward never really loved her or cherished her as his mate it's horribly sad...
pnkats chapter 26 . 12/3/2016
I'm kind of confused by this chapter. I assume edward was so distraught and truly was so wrapped up in his fantasy about being with bella that he just didn't know what he was doing with tanya? Please come back and give us more. I don't really find this being closure. That would only come with edward and Bella together happy again. I have read some of the other reviews and their doubt that bella was truly his mate or he wouldn't have been with Tanya. I really don't believe that. To be true although I wished he hadnt done that. I think that edward was truly distraught and made a bad mistake just like he said. He truly thought bella was gone by now? Bella was clearly everything to him just by his thoughts and feelings in this chapter. I have truly missed this story and was so glad for an update but I don't feel like I have closure at all. That would only come with knowing and reading about the two of them happy together again with hopefully bella forgiving him and finding happiness for both of them finally together. I so hope that you can come back and just give us one more chapter and giving us that. It saddens me that I feel edwards pain and loneliness in a house full of other happy mated couples. I want to know that he finally found his happiness with bella. I don't want to assume that's how it ended as I would much rather read if from your words. Please?!
deadliestdistractionRN chapter 26 . 12/3/2016
He thought Tanya was Bella...?
Beck79 chapter 26 . 12/3/2016
I always wondered if you were okay, you seemed to disappear from here which I completely understand. I absolutely loved secret sex and am delighted that you've updated ACE. That said I've read this last chapter several times now and still don't understand what's happening or happened it it! Anyway, glad you're okay
2loveybunnies chapter 26 . 12/3/2016
So, I don't even know what to say. I've followed you from the beginning. I've read this story faithfully and begged you for more - for years. You were the reason I opened a Twitter account when I didn't really know or care what Twitter. I've thought about this story so much since the beginning, waiting and hoping that maybe you would come back and finish it. I never thought it would happen, and when I saw the alert I thought for sure I was confusing it with something else, someone else's story with the same name.

I am honestly so disappointed. Maybe you feel this is where it should be left, maybe you think this is where it was going all along, and that is your right as the writer. If so, I totally feel like I wasted so much time, analyzing every single word. Thinking about every single sentence. Dissecting each chapter in the hopes that there would be a reason for things to have gone the way they did. Hoping there would be an explanation and it would make sense. Praying that this was going to have a happy ending and that Bella and Edward would be together as soul mates should. I feel very let down and sad right now. This wasn't what I wanted or hoped for. I think it would almost be better had you just left it alone and we could have pretended that it all worked out. It's not so much that you put this out there and are just leaving it hanging again without any real conclusion, without real answers, it's more about feeling mislead, or duped. Maybe even lied to. It's my own fault for being so naive and expecting there to be something more, something good. And then to leave the author's note you have...well, thank you for trying but there is no resolution for me. There is no closure. And it's not enough. At least I had hope before, now there is nothing but disappointment. I don't mean to sound harsh and I thank you for the effort, it's just sad to know you've given up and that's all there is.
eak1218 chapter 26 . 12/2/2016
Wow!
sujari6 chapter 26 . 12/2/2016
I love this story and hope you can continue it further. There any many unanswered questions? I'm unsure whether Edward is delusional or whether Tanya somehow tricked him. Either way there's no getting away from the fact that he cheated on Bella. I would like to know what her reaction to his excuses are and who she decides to choose (if anyone) Viktor or Edward? If she leaves him will Edward give up on life or live on? Was Bella ever really his mate as his behaviour seems to suggest otherwise? Why were he and his family still "friends" with Tanya especially after she stopped Edward chasing after Bella? Does Bella get a HEA? What about the rest of the Cullens? Why didn't they try to get Bella back?
sujari6 chapter 25 . 12/2/2016
His explanation had better be good.
asam75 chapter 26 . 12/2/2016
This behavior through out the story only bears one explanation...Bella was never Edward's mate. His behavior is not consistent with being a mate. Even this chapter had Carlisle's explanation of the mating pull. Edward never had it.
mamato chapter 26 . 12/2/2016
Wow. I had 4 pages of references or "quotes" throughout this story saved on my hard drive from 4 years ago that I just pulled out and re-read without having to re-read the entire story...that I never heard a response from you. And this is the closure?

What I read here is that you've removed all of Edwards vampiric traits by being able to sense, smell, feel, and be aware of hundreds of things at once...and READ other people's minds, let's not forget! And all those things were squashed so he could live out a delusion or fantasy using the real body of someone else? And we're supposed to believe he didn't have an inkling of what he was doing? He imagined the hair color? He didn't hear her thoughts? WTF?

After reading through all my notes when I was so thoroughly wrapped up in this story years ago, this chapter and the one where Edward claims the Cullen's were never HER family, I'm convinced this story can only be a tragedy of unrequited love. Edward was never loyal or faithful in his heart, mind, or body. And I stand by my conviction that Viktor is the better man. This should have just been labeled a 'Bella' story of finding hope when your mate commits the ultimate betrayal, as he did! And the Cullen's did too by being accomplices and siding with the Denalis. I don't think I've ever hated the Cullen's or Edward as much as I did in this story. And there is just no redeeming them, in my eyes. And I guess we'll never know why...

Why did they not care about discarding Bella, even if they initially fought for her but ultimately betrayed her?

Why do they side with the Denalis, even now?

Why did they never help him find her, with the exception of Emmett?

What was the agreement after the 'incident' that allowed Edward and Tanya to remain 'friends' (with benefits?)

What was the 'silent vows' Tanya made to him?

What does it mean that when contemplating Bella with another man that she'd never welcome such affections 'even if I did-which she knows' as Edward thought?

How was the family split regarding Edward and Tanya's relationship?

Why didn't they punish Tanya for stopping him from chasing after Bella and destroying his chance with her? Or is that just one of the small examples that they don't care about Bella?

If the Cullen's were truly regretful for abandoning Bella, wouldn't they have helped instead of hindered the reunion and join him in the search?

If Tanya was truly remorseful, wouldn't she have helped in order to maintain their 'truce', whatever that means?

What did Edward 'put Tanya through' the last few years? What was she 'getting into'? What did 'everyone know'?

What did it mean when 'Emmett never faulted me for ever entertaining any of Tanya's desires'? Does that mean he truly gave in to Tanya after that first time seeing as his virginity was null and void anyway?

These are the questions that plague me...so no, this isn't closure. Just an admittance of the ultimate betrayal between mates. Delusion or not, Edward participated in the treachery, and I can't believe he didn't know what was going on. That's impossible for a vampire.

I'd love it if you would PM me with some answers, and I can truly put this one away. Your writing is exquisite, but the plot of this story confounds me. I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Kgunter34 chapter 26 . 12/2/2016
Are you kidding me with this? I read this from the beginning, BEGINNING, and this tells me next to nothing.
Saint Genevieve chapter 26 . 12/2/2016
Wow. I respect you as a writer and this was a huge favorite of mine ... but if this is really your final word, it's a letdown. I've been hoping for years that you could add a brief paragraph/ summary/ conclusion about E&B's future. It's always been obvious Tanya had been a terrible mistake. But the mystery REMAINS whether the couple reconciles and whether B. could emerge from her emotional freeze. I sincerely thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with no compensation. But I still hope someday you share the story's actual conclusion. Good luck to you, you deserve it.
sherylb chapter 26 . 12/2/2016
OMG! Did Tanya purposely make herself look like Bella? (If so, I want to rip her up and burn the pieces!) Maybe Bella can do that?

Or was Edward crazy/delusional and imagined Tanya as Bella?

Either way, this really is the ultimate betrayal. To give up his virginity to anyone that is not Bella is fundamentally wrong in every way. So heartbreaking :(
cecilia4059 chapter 26 . 12/2/2016
Edward cheated on Bella! Yes, he deserved to die in hell.
sherylb chapter 25 . 12/2/2016
OMG! I was just thinking about this story the other day, wondering if it will be finished. I'm glad, but know it is going to be tough when Edward explains what happened with Tanya.
808 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »