Reviews for Temptation
TheWateringWizard chapter 1 . 3/27
A truly powerful tale. Ideas and writing that give matter to think and a poetic way of arriving to the conclusion Harry had. Maybe a fitting quote would be: madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.
Right What Is Wrong chapter 1 . 1/18
An interesting take on matters.

While I kind of agree with others' comments that the benefits might be worth the risk of corruption - if Harry judges that he would have fallen, it's best that he took this route instead. The readers don't know what Harry would have done. He does.

Unique story.
nayin17 chapter 1 . 5/21/2016
Wow! As in wow! Ginny is really Harry's equal in everything. The hateful annoying bookworm will challenge Harry into greatness, yes but it will also be his downfall. I love the last part
1 of 3 chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
Some HP fans decry Harry's choice to not take up the Hallows and while I agree he could have made great changes for good it would have soured eventually. After all can any of us really say we wouldn't abuse power like that? Espicially when you consider then number of immortal MoD!Harry stories in cirulation. Just look at Nicholas Flamel, his Pilosopher's Stone could have help heal so much suffering. Why didn't he? Simple really, he stopped placing as much value on regular human life. After a hundered or so years have passed following the death of anyone he ever cared about (barring his wife) I would imagine regular people became as important as household pets are to us. So, where I in Harry's position, I would probably take the Wand and the Ring, stuff them into magically protected boxs and drop them over the Mariana and Tonga Oceanic Trenches.
qwerty19 chapter 1 . 10/1/2015
This was such a beautiful story. Very touching and very well written.
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
So sweet I'm getting a toothache! Where did everyone else who survived end up, BTW? :-)
MeinNameIstHase chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
No disclaimer? How naughty of you.
And the moral is: A Golden era doesn't come by one insanely powerful man, but by the hard work of men with vision. (Or something like that.)
hpfan chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
I can understand where Harry is coming from but all I can say is that Dumbledore succeeded in making Harry a man in his image. He was so afraid of what ifs that he decided to do nothing.
Yes there was the great temptation of becoming a tyrant. Of falling to the lure of power and becoming something much worse than Voldemort. But if everybody with the power to do something abdicates responsibility in front of such fear then what happens. As Ginny was Harry's rock preventing him from falling to the lure of the Hallows, she could also have been his conscience if he had decided to change the world. After all it is not always a matter of extremes- Harry could have done all he imagined even without the hallows- after all that is the essence of Harry Potter is it not- it is not absolute power that is needed to effect change but an iron will- which Harry had in spades. Why should power always lead to corruption- after all for every Hitler and Mussolini there is a Gandhi and a Martin Luther King. All of them wielded immense power and influence it is the way they wielded it that made all the difference.
Deus chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Thank you for this one shot.
Vaughn Tyler chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
nice
Anon chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
I liked your story. I also liked the reference to Lord of the Rings: this part

"I would act with the desire to do good, giving the world the miracles they want. But through me, the Hallows would wield a power too great and terrible to imagine. It would eventually overpower me and make me a tool for greed, arrogance and avarice. I would have ushered in the golden era, yes, but in doing so I would have been blinded, and the gold would have burnt into a black ash."

sounds a lot like what Gandalf said in the Fellowship of the Ring, where someone (Frodo or Bilbo, not sure) offers Gandalf the One Ring.

Good story. And I hope I didn't read more into it than you intended. But the similarities make me think you liked LotR.
Duty chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
It is fortuitous that it was a man like Harry Potter who made this choice i guess, ultimately i cannot agree totally with this point of view. Greatness always followed by corruption ? Absolute power bla bla bla...? It's a risk to take, choosing inaction because we are affraid to end up worse...it's a waste.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Most excellent.
Pandora's Crate chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
An incredibly poignant ending for the series. While I love the canon as much as the next person, I wish JKR would have ended on a note like this rather than the one she did.
Darth Kottaram chapter 1 . 10/6/2009