Reviews for Unaccustomed As I Am
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2015
Brilliant! :)
OtterAndTerrier chapter 1 . 3/11/2015
This was amazing. Your Ron is amazing. Your Ron and Hermione are amazing. I loved the plot, and the flashbacks, and how it all resolved. I loved it!
KisunaFuji chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
great story
straywords chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I loved this, particularly the inclusion of Dean and Seamus - there is never enough of them around. Ron and Hermione's relationship is exactly how I imagined, given a few years together. You've really shown here how insecurities can fade into the background with time, but they never quite go away, and so many of our insecurities come down to perspective. I can't help but notice you published this on my birthday back in 2009, which just makes it better.
Trixie7 chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
"Young Auror, it's my partner and I" - Absolutely brilliant, brought a real grin to my face
CanonWorshipper4evah chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Very well written and very in-character. Well done.

LVB chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
Wow, what a well written story! I adore the way you write Ron and Hermione so naturally.
Euclidian chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
I love this story, the humor and the warmth of the relationship are so appealing. Ron's insecurities surely make sense, as the last of six and incessantly teased, yet he goes on and even excels, though he doesn't give himself credit. His teaching technique with the auror candidates is just so right, and he doesn't understand how excellent is the approach that his instinct has led him to. Hermione relates to him so well, the combination of support and challenge and sexiness; the shower scene is SO hot! And then he gets out there and does, indeed, knock 'em dead. I think you have nailed the essence of a good relationship, that is, they know each others strengths and weaknesses and accept them, even cherish them, and use them to make the relationship stronger. Silverbirch turned me on to your work, specifically The Railroad Children, and I've loved everything I've read so far, maybe Reparo most of all.

Quibble: "Tomorrow . . . " is in response to the death of his mother, not his wife.
Just Binah v3.0 chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
I had great fun reading this story! I especially liked how, though it is a single chapter, it spans across many events in a coherent and quite intriguing fashion. I think you completely captured the Harry/Ron/ friends dynamic, and explored a side of the Ron/Hermione relationship that we hardly saw in the books. I'm an absolutely AVID R/Hr shipper, so finding your page was a *godsend*. :D I'll try to review more, as I've read more of your stories, as well as others'. Meanwhile, please keep em coming! You're doing a fantastic and entertaining job.
luxorius chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Really excellent. The characters are spot-on, exactly what I imagine them to be as adults. You also made me laugh aloud when Ron says the last word in his speech is "scar." Funny.
Lee47 chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Fantastic story and fantastic cause. Once again you have captured the essence of Ron and Hermione and I am in awe of your talent. I donated 25 pounds to the Cancer Trust Fund and I thank you for brining this wonderful cause to my attention.
rupertlovesme chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
I really enjoyed this one! :D I loved how you threw in parts of him being an auror in there. It was perfect.
allanfrontrow chapter 1 . 8/25/2009

Whoa, Heracletus, Shakespeare and Tennyson in one fic - I hope you don't come to regret spoiling us rotten.

Don't you just hate it when you go off on a quality rant and the object of said rant is right behind you?

When will Ron get it into his head that he is a great teacher, he makes his students think for themselves. Perhaps however accomplished he becomes he will retain somewhat of the overshadowed little boy he used to be.

Thanks for another stonking fic.

FinnFiona chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Haha-good for Ron! Always knew he had it in him :) delightful story!
Jade Star chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
My god... I'm in awe of your work, Solstice. You really should go professional... I'm an american, but I would love to know if you knew any charities I could try and submit my work for

J. Star