Reviews for Toddler Wars
Willow Wright chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
Can you please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please continue this!
shallowdweller chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
Oh, really, really well done! Just masterful! You captured the characters, introduced meaningful change, discovered a really believable and relatable conflict that I hadn't thought of or seen in any other Host Fanfic. I particularly like the line "I love you too much to let you..." My mom once said those exact words to me, and it always stuck with me. I've used it many times with my own children and even occasionally paraphrased it with kids that I work with. (I'm a speech pathologist.)

I also found the line about Wanda being easier to be around when she isn't perfect. I think that is a very likely explanation for how some of this rebel cell held on so stubbornly to their loathing of Wanda, even after she had proved that she was no threat. Who wants to feel continuously inferior to the monsters who took their homes and families away? And having Lucinda, and then even Maggie and Sharon, warm up to Wanda because they can relate to her frustration is just perfect. I look forward to reading more of your work. This is the best Host Fan fiction that I've read yet, and gives me hope to keep digging for more gems.
Aryn Jay chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
Really good story although I really wish it had more chapters and you had given atleast a back story.
Frostfire613 chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
lol ian just undid everything that Wanda had worked for that day. But he should've been there to help get ryan in line. This is one of the reasons why I'll probably never have kids. Sure they;re cute, for a while, but when they throw their tantrums they're nightmares!

I already know that I was a bit of a hellion when I was a kid, and I don't feel like going through the same thing as my mom ugh
miss skinny love chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Hahaha I ADORE IT SO MUCH BEST HOST FIC EVER!
AnnaDanvers chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
ok, i could not stop laughing through this whole thing :) you MUST be a mother right? cause this is sooooo true
abbyweyr chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Finally read The Host and so here I am reading this story. Nice story. Love the last line.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
nice
KirstiR chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Ooohhh, this was hilarious and brought back memories. Somehow our three kids, as well as their mum and dad, survived (miracle or miracles) their toddlerhood!. I've been having a terrible week and your story had me laughing out loud. Thank you!
madaboutforks chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
This story was soooo well done. You really captured the characters. Yes, life is not going to be simple for Wanda.

Why didn't Supernanny survive the alien invasion?

It really was perfect that Wanda was totally undermined by Ian. That is the human parenting experience in a nutshell.
Rossie'Pooh chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Awesome, haha, I loved this!
Phoenix Gryffis chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
really good story, anymore?
TheBookAddict chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Aww, I LOVED this ) Wanda makes a good point, its easy for them to be so happy and proud about their demon children's behavior when they don't have to be the receiver. Poor Wanda!
PurdueLiz chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
So here I am, reading your fics.

I seriously need to do a reread of The Host, I loved it so much, especially Ian and Wanda.

But this, oh my goodness. So very true. And while my youngest is trying my patience lately, at least she's not 2 anymore.
Silverbird121 chapter 1 . 2/6/2011