Reviews for Miscommunication
RedShirtSurvivor chapter 5 . 1/2
So I devoured this because it was delicious. I love your interpretation of Spock...rebellious and insecure while trying to balance these unfamiliar emotions with logic! You perfectly capture his stuggle and made me fall in love with both of his halfs. Uhura is good here too, almost blinded by her ambitious but she develops and grows, gaining some perspective, which I love. You don't just throw them together. They have to first overcome the cultural divide and the barriers within themselves. It's very realistic and engaging. And this is actually one of my favorite versions of AOS Jim. He's charming, charismatic and a natural born leader, all the things that make that character special while simultaneously he's young, reckless and immature which is unique to this reboot universe. I'm just heartbroken knowing that Spock's going to lose Vulcan and Amanda. You have shown command of the most beautiful and complex aspects of these characters. Excellent stroytelling. Thanks for writing :)
Nice One chapter 3 . 12/3/2014
Section 6. Laf tor: good job

She is a top linguistic student who speaks Vulcan. Although most humans would not be able to speak his name, she undoubtedly would be able to do so.

It would seem that the academy was remiss in their cultural diversity instruction. How could a fourth year xenolinguistic student not know about Vulcan culture?
tdawson chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
I really enjoyed both of your stories! I love Spock and Nyota and I think you nailed how they would have come to care about each other. I hope you write more about them!
Yulianka chapter 5 . 6/3/2014
So cute! I kept mentally singing "Pride and Prejudice... in SPAAAACE!" as I read (to the tune of 'Pigs in SPAAACE', obviously), and want to give you full props for writing such a successful mash-up!
Gwenchoco chapter 5 . 5/26/2014
Wow, this was amazing. Thanks for sharing such a great story!
koober chapter 5 . 3/7/2014
Wonderful! Thank you for this story!
Crypteia chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Read this last night and it is the best uhura/spock origins story i have ever read, the way you combined pride and prejudice with this fits perfectly and the fact that uhura is career driven and oblivious for the first half feels like the most "logical" way these could find each other.
Your very talented and i hope you continue your writing at some point... Thank you.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/23/2014
I enjoyed this so much, you have no idea! Once I realised it was modelled on P&P I could not stop smiling. You adapted the story to fit perfectly, by the way.
My only minor criticism is that I think Uhura would know more about Vulcan culture than she did at first here, having studied the language extensively.
But that's nothing compared to how much I genuinely loved reading this story. Thank you so much for writing it!
J-Nynja chapter 5 . 1/20/2014
I enjoyed it so much, it is sad to see it end.

This is a truly remarkable story, deserving all the stars available to be given for it.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of art.

Oh, and thanks for dispelling Gaila's notion that Vulcans only have sex once every seven years.

J-Nynja chapter 3 . 1/20/2014
Awww Nyota!

I had meant to say she was acting a bit like a child, though her age could well justify her behavior. Now that she has come to the realization for herself, I couldn't be happier.

Well, I could. You have me falling in love with Spock all over again! What a truly sad, but wonderful chapter.
J-Nynja chapter 2 . 1/20/2014
Dare I say you portray Spock a lot more logically than Roberto Orci himself? LOL

What a fantastic chapter that has brought a lot of pieces to light and then been set out to solve a riddle. Yet, there's no puzzle here - Spock is falling in desperate human love, and he's quite logical about it.

I imagine it will be exciting to read how he fails.

Great chapter again.
J-Nynja chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
You write very well, though I thought the chapter just a bit too long and daunting at first.

I have really enjoyed reading combatant Nyota, and it seems entirely natural how their relationship has evolved. This is the real deal, and most refreshing. Not that romantic portrayals are not heartwarming, but your story is heart-reviving.

On to chapter two!
First Movement chapter 5 . 9/30/2013
this is such a good story, their first meeting was something new to look at, love the writing, you describe their internal strugling with clarity
Guest chapter 5 . 9/16/2013
That was a brilliant, masterful piece and I regret its end. You have a singular gift. I would love to read more of your work.
Shlayne chapter 5 . 8/29/2013