Reviews for Fairy Tales?
Peyton LeVay chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Wow. This was really, really nice. I'm not usually a fan of Maiko, but... well. This gives me a whole new appreciation of Mai.

Keep it up! /.
Private Fire chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I really liked this story. It portrays a very negative Mai and with reason to be so. Her thoughts on Zuko, comparing him to the Disney concept of a Prince, are pretty much on target. I have never seen a reference like that.

My favorite parts were: "He even tried to figure out what Mai wanted, because strangely enough, she was what he wanted." Simple enough, elegantly written. "Zuko was every bit like the storybook princes. He was her Prince Charming and Spirits, was he bad at it." Wonderfully stated.

A well written piece., showcasing a very resigned Mai.

It would be interesting to see a follow up. Her reaction to her release and to seeing him again.
Jess305 chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
One word: Wow.

One of the deepest post Boiling Rock Maiko fics. I think your portrayal is brilliant and vivid. I liked the part where she curses that Zu was bad at being the 'prince charming' and destiny as well. Mai. Definitely one of the hardest characters to write, but you completely did the justice.

Again. Too lazy to log in.

Jess305
Cathartic Lives chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
That was deep, and... well I really think that you nailed Mai, in what her thoughts might have been when she was locked up in the Boiling Rock.

I must say that you have given me a new insight to this disconnected, gothic girl. And your words... You should really consider writing a novel, I sure as hell would buy it, you've got a natural talent, so use it! (not that you aren't already, but you know what I mean;)

lulu-chan xox
potentially lovely chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Wow. This is epic. I always cringe when I hear the word angst in a summary, because a good angsty-pants fic is hard to find. You have totally embodied Mai's voice. You earn serious brownie points with this fic, because you've given me a Mai fic that isn't a lemon, an OOC fangirl gush about how hot Zuko is, or doesn't make Mai a completely dull robot. I'm always disgraced by the people that write crappy Mai fics, and you are NOT one of them. You deserve a virtual cookie. I'm going to add this to my community, Imaginatively In Character: Saving the Avatar Fandom, if that's all right with you. Thanks again for brightening my day with this rawsome fic!

Insane Beatleist Dancer Freak
MoonClaimed chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
"He was her Prince Charming. And Spirits, was he bad at it."-That is a GREAT line. Especially since it's in such a somber story.

Great work on this! I really love Mai's point of view; it's really...deep. In a pessimist's dream, kinda way. XD

P.S. Why do you have anonymous reviews disabled? Go enable it. Now. I command you.