Reviews for Good Feelings
Madgie chapter 31 . 3/12/2012
Aaah! Oh, they're both so lost and a bit messed up, but I think they can make it. Gah, Vernon is such an asshole! And that Ruth-Ann... The thing with the locker was hilarious! XD

LOVING this story! Please do update soon...
Rather Preferred chapter 31 . 3/9/2012
PLEASE tell me you didn't mean it when you said there are only a few chapters left! what about vernon? will he get fired? what about everyone finding out about john and claire? and all the reactions-bethany, ruth anne, jocks, johns 'girls'? i want to know what happens! it'll be so interesting! lol i absolutely LOVE this story! you've done such an amazing job with the characters! but what happened-you haven't updated since octoberr :( ...seriously idk what im gonna do without this story..maybe actually get some chool work done. but seriously, keep going! and it would be SUPER amazing if you just never stop writing this. i mean i'm seriously in love. UPDATE SOON!
Chirine chapter 31 . 3/4/2012
It took me a while but I read all the chapters. This is pretty much everything I hoped would happen for "The Breakfast Club" members as soon as soon as the movie ended. Crazy how it's only one week but what an amazing character development, I love the Allison/John and the Allison/Claire friendships (let's face it we all want to be Allison's friend) and Rocket is more than awesome too. Please write some new chapters!
Rather Preferred chapter 4 . 3/4/2012
i am IN LOVE. soo gooooooddddd. i love your writing!
fatherlessgirls chapter 31 . 2/8/2012
oh. my god. I just devoured this story. I wanted to stop after every chapter - hell, several times a chapter - to tell you how funny this story was and how much I was digging it, but I just couldn't get my hand to stop clicking ahead to the next chapter. So now here I am at the end and it's the middle of the night and I can't remember all of the moments of pure genius to pull out. (hmmm. somehow, after reading your story, everything I say sounds like sexual innuendo.)

I'll just say this: You are funny. Your characterizations are spot on, although I will posit that your Claire is way cooler than the Claire from the movie, and that is just fine with me. I am so ridiculously invested in this story that I can't believe there isn't another chapter. I don't even know how I stumbled upon this story. I normally never venture out of my one favorite fandom. Every time I do venture out I retreat back really quickly, often without having even finished reading whatever fic tempted me to try to branch out. The relationships between characters in other fandoms never seem to be as complicated or interesting or true. The movies and shows they pertain to may have been wonderful but don't seem to be quite as fertile ground for fiction. Who knew there could be such fertile ground in a 27 year old movie? I guess you did. Thank you.
hiimkizzy chapter 31 . 1/16/2012
Oh goodness! I really love this! I've read your fanfic several times now and I've been waiting for an update to see what happens next. This is my first time reviewing your story and I would like to add that I love how you incorporated music in a few of the chapters. Let's just say that when you added Hall and Oates, I literally died laughing because the song fitted Claire perfectly!

I can't wait for another update in both of your stories!
Thayer chapter 31 . 1/11/2012
Oh my dear lord that was amazing. I couldn't stop have a lot of skill in the writing department. Keep on writing. It makes my days so much better.
inumatchmaker chapter 31 . 12/29/2011
As usual, a stunning chapter. This entire story has become my head cannon for what happened after the movie ended. I can't see it any other way, this story is too fantastic. I think I've re-read the entire thing about 3 times now.

Always looking forward to the next update!
juicyfruit007 chapter 31 . 12/26/2011
OH MY FUCKING GOD, I'M IN LOVE WITH YOUR STORY!

My mom just made me watch The Breakfast Club when I came home for the holidays, and I gotta say, I can't believe I'm in college and I'd never seen this movie! It is AMAZING. Definitely my new fvorite. And of course, I loved the Bender/Claire pairing so much I had to go on Fanfiction and look for stories about them. And yours is, by far, the best one I've read so far.

You make the characters so REAL. Your Bender-voice is so spot-on and PERFECT (with all the swearing and dark/dirty thoughts included), and your Claire-voice is amazing too. (Speaking of which, I'd really like to see more chapters from her POV if you continue this!) Both of them are so messed up in thier own ways, and I love how you show all thier insecurities and emotions in such a raw, breathtaking, tear-inducing way. Like, I'd imagine this is how their relationship would have played out if the movie and characters had been real.

Now let's go through everything I loved about this story (grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable, because this could take a while). I loved how it started right where the movie left off, so we wouldn't have to guess what happened next. I loved how they thought through and analyzed everything that went on between them and everything they thought would happen the next day. I love how they just made eye contact and it was like they were having a meaningful conversation, and I loved the little standoff they had when she went to throw something away. I loved how he followed Claire and Allison when they went shopping just so he could have some alone time with Claire. I loved how Claire wore cashmere because she knew it would make John want to touch her like crazy, and how she surprised him in the closet when he was expecting Vernon. I loved how John got all pissed off when they were in the boiler room, and she just brushed his hair back and made him feel better.

I love how they’re still hanging out with Andy, Brian, and Allison, it’s good that the whole story isn’t all about them and their relationship. Your new characters (Kenny, Percy, Bethany, etc.) are also great additions. I loved when John took her to Mae’s Eats and I especially loved when they became exclusive. (Your dialogue is amazing, by the way! Totally in-character!) And I love when John slips up and says something sweet to her. :) And the part where he drunk-dialed her and demanded her to talk dirty to him was also great. And then he went on a wild goose chase for a Care Bear! That was hilarious! Seriously, how do you think of this stuff? (Funny story; I was playing truth or dare with my friends and they dared me to send dirty texts to this guy I started seeing…let’s just say your story REALLY helped with that. You’re making me so dirty-minded! Keep going, lol). Well, I could tell you everything else I loved but that would take forever, so let me sum it up by saying I loved pretty much everything. :) Well, I didn’t like how they were SO hot and cold to the point where it got predictable, but I guess you’d kinda expect that from Bender and Claire.

Anyway, this story is definitely worth continuing. You should definitely finish it! I mean, I know it’s hard to get into a story again after you haven’t updated in a while, but come on! Read through what you’ve written so far and don’t tell me you’re not tempted to continue. (I know many writers don’t like to read their own writing, but yours is AMAZING! Trust me, you’ll feel nothing but pround!) Plus, it’s winter break! If you’re not doing anything else, you could at least get a chapter or two in. Pretty please? *crosses fingers*

Whoever updates gets a neon sign that says “Best Writer on Fanfiction!” :D
J.A.P chapter 31 . 12/8/2011
You are an amazing writer and I am thoroughly enjoying your story. You have a gift for writing dialog and I think you captured the hearts of the original characters perfectly; especially John and Clare. I guess I am reviewing your entire story as I just devoured it in 2 sittings. I am so hopeful you will finish...I think I will print out your entire story and put it in a notebook so I can re-read it leisurely in a more comfortable place!
Ar-Zimraphel chapter 31 . 11/26/2011
You know, every few years I check in on the Breakfast Club section here and troll around, looking for the fic that will be IT; the fic that will become The Fic of the fandom for me. I cannot tell you how excited I was to finally find it here. Your story is 250k words of honest-to-goodness loveliness. Your Claire, Bender, and Brian especially are just perfectly written. They are absolutely the characters we know from the film-but more importantly, they're the characters at the end of the film. They continue to grow and develop in a natural way, and those changes don't happen EASILY. This story takes place over a week-an agonizing week that you've filled with beautifully written teenage uncertainty, insecurity, angst, and romance-and you've done it with a foundation of authenticity and realism.

I really can't say enough about it. And of course your Bender is the linchpin; you know him so well, and you write him so believably-it's fucking brilliant. My brother spent a year working with kids who had real emotional problems, a lot of whom came from abusive or neglectful family situations. One of the things that he told me that has really stuck with me-and that I find particularly relevant-is the fact that these kids who have been mistreated, unloved, ignored-so many of them act out, they misbehave in extreme and deliquent fashions, because it's the difference between: "I'm hated because of something instrinsically wrong with me" and "I'm hated because I disobey and cause trouble." It's this defense mechanism that kids in bad situations develop, and I think that Bender has to be a perfect example of this.

He's a damaged, insecure kid. He deliberately causes shit because then, at least, there'd be a reason for people treating him like shit, instead of getting beaten up by his dad for no discernible reason.

You've really captured him here-captured his complexity. And what I think is really wonderful, is that you've made all these characters so human in their unpredictability and contradictions. So many inexperienced writers have a very two-dimensional view of characters: they write them based on one- or two-line answers they find in a character profile sheet. But here, you're obviously committed to writing them as PEOPLE-and it shows. You're not making their change EASY, because people dont' change easily. They're not consistent, because people aren't consistent. I love that in these moments, we see a real, three-dimensional, complex and twisted relationship both with themselves as people and with others. You've given them depth and multiple facets, and you've done it with such apparent ease that I'm just blown away.

I won't keep waxing poetic, but I do have one last thing to say-the fact that your characters are discernibly teenagers is just fantastic. I love that the biggest problems are caused by their insecurities and inexperience in relationships. I love that Bender is bumbling boy rather than this suave lothario at ease no matter what. You've really got their numbers, and I'm just so pleased to have found this story that is really definitive of what the next chapter in The Breakfast Club should be. Well done.
Xx-ChibiKanachan-Xx chapter 31 . 11/23/2011
I want my neon sign to say "Kana, will you marry me? -John"

That chapter was So cute, and SO awkward, and even though I really wanted to enjoy it to the fullest we just had little issues thrown in there.

I feel like a girlfriend that's been cheated on. I can't trust the fluffiness because I know there's something dark under there.

Maybe this is how Bender feels~~

I loved Claire in the beginning and now I'm really starting to hate her. Why can't she just admit to be dating Bender. She's so eager to please him, why can't she just announce that they're a couple? So troublesome -_-"

Well I haven't been able to say this up until now, but here it goes: UPDATE SOON BEFOOR I FREAKING KILL MYSELF AND THEN YOU!
Xx-ChibiKanachan-Xx chapter 30 . 11/23/2011
I don't know what to think anymore.

Everything goes so smooth and Claire starts playing with fire and Bender gets worried so he says something stupid and Claire backs away...and we're back at square one.

How many times have I said this now...oh yeah, because it keeps happening, about 29 times, one for every chapter I've reviewed.

Well as for the chapter in general: interesting, slightly fluufy edged with of course, angst and drama and just utter bullshit that this couple will probably never overcome because they're too busy "playing games" to admit what they're feeling and since there is no such thing as a mind reader, they misunderstand and all hell breaks loose!

::deep breath:" Next chapter...
Xx-ChibiKanachan-Xx chapter 29 . 11/23/2011
"I wanna go wherever you wanna take me, Standish"

Oh that gave me goosebumps. Me like compliant Bender~~~

Bender: I'm not going to push her.

Claire: I'm gonna push him a little.

Bender: Okay, I'll push right back then.

Claire: Whoa. I'm not ready!

Seriously? ::Smacks Claire in the head:: Now it's time for you to get YOUR shit together, Cherry. John's trying, stop fucking with him!

Okay well, aside from talking to fictional characters, loved that fluffy crap until it got unfluffy and a little prickly, but it sort of eased back into fluffy again-edged with prickles. Does that make sense?

Who cares. I loved it regardless. NEXT CHAPTER!
Xx-ChibiKanachan-Xx chapter 28 . 11/23/2011
I heard the dark side had cookies... and cherries.

Let's all head there~~~

XOXO Love the chapter, I'm waiting for my other gifts so add the chocolate-covered Bender to the list. NEXT CHAPTER!
797 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »