Reviews for Good Feelings
dormant user chapter 8 . 9/11/2009
whoa, FINALLY :)

well, first of all - the quote from an excellent song that is, so it started well:) As for the chapter - it amazes me how you can make Claire's narration so totally different then when it's written from John's POV. I mean, the difference is obvious, but - your choice of words is excellent. I cannot think of better way this could be written. ALSO - every single thing that Brian says is SO brilliant - in his unique way, plus - his lines are hillarious.

I liked how you wrote how Claire tried to somehow rationalize this whole thing (aka last chapter, hah), and, even though, it really is complicated, you managed to make it quite clear, not get lost in the teenage thoughts:) When it comes to whole Bender-Clark conversation - it was great, the way John was talking about what happened between him and Claire - it was 'true to the character' that he is. You do have a way with words. As for Vernon - his actions are just as infuriating as they should be (shouldn't really, but, you make him believable)

So now I'm just curious what Claire's plan will be. And - the wham wannabe? Just how awesome that part was? :) As for my fav quotes - you know, pasting whole chapter here is pointless.:)

This is awesome, awesome story. Did I mention that I'm becoming obsessed with it, or - is it just too obvious? :)

Anyway - great chapter, update soon.:)
zanzibarr bear chapter 7 . 9/9/2009
please - update? :) next chapter would totally and definitely make my day, even though an expression "make my day" is such a ridiculous understatement here.

this is the best story ever.
jillianfish chapter 7 . 9/8/2009
This story is absolutely fantastic. The characters in incredibly well developed and each one is so true to form. Allison being just a little crazy and deranged, Brian tripping over his words around Bender, Claire trying to stay true to the Club but still trying to fit in with her old friends and Bender, madly in love but still unsure and venomous when provoked.

You write their introspections so well. Especially Claire, trying to come to terms with this new person she wants to become but at the same time realizing that her old friends are really also her friends. I'd like to see a little more of Andy, especially him interacting with the rest of them. Right now he just follows Allison around like a puppy dog.

Allison and Claire's friendship is wonderful. Claire standing up for Allison, even just a little, and Allison nudging her and Bender together.

Also your writing, your actual writing is superb. It is very rare to see a word misspelled or out of place, the dialogue is written perfectly and your use of italics is just enough to emphasize but not beat us over the head with it. I can not wait to see where this is going and how Claire is going to come to terms with this person she wants to be versus this person that she inherently is. And Bender, who will sadly, probably never believe he's good enough for her trying to become this better person. I love it.
Leisha chapter 7 . 9/7/2009
So I have only been reading TBC fanfiction for the week or so, but this is by far the best I have read.

Especially this last chapter, you have written their characters so well, I am thoroughly impressed.

Looking forward to reading more :)
ezza chapter 7 . 9/7/2009
agh that was so HOT!

please please please updae soon.
idon'tlikepeople chapter 7 . 9/6/2009
Another great chapter!

Update soon please.
faux-prada chapter 7 . 9/5/2009

Really. This chapter had such raw intensity and was so gut-wrenchingly *real* that I could really feel their every emotion. It is true what they say, I guess: Love. Is. Confusing! It's a grey area. You may be utterly and completely consumed with the person, yet at the same time, you kinda want to ring their neck! This chapter brought that together, I think.

Update soon!
The Black Arrow chapter 7 . 9/5/2009
What I am impressed with is this.

I've just read a couple of kisses in a classroom, maybe one finger dragged down the vee of her cash sweater, and some dialog. And I'm all flustered and pretty sure my heart and/or stomach flipped while reading it. In this fanfic world of gratuitous sex, I can tell you that what you wrote was hotter, and spoke more of need and desire, than so many more, er, graphic things I have read. *wipes brow*

And such gorgeous, telling dialog. Their word play was exciting, and whilst John has essentially laid his feelings on the line, you didn't make him suddenly soft and vulnerable. It stands to reason that someone who has had such a hard life, with no affection or value placed on him, would probably challenge someone's good feelings or love for him. He'd be suspicious of it; he'd walk around it, testing its structural integrity. Probably by being hard, sometimes being cruel, teasing or taunting. And I love that he is accutely aware of when he is being hard, when he wishes he could be soft. Only after testing Claire so thoroughly could he believe that she would love him despite his faults, both of circumstance and of character.

They challenge each other, and that's the tension that keeps the reader hooked. She calls his bluffs. She stands up to him, but occasionally the frission of fear that runs through her gives her a moment's doubt. And always at that point does he step up and bridge the gap. It reminds me of the movie; I've noticed that every time someone directly challenges Claire, he always steps in front to protect her. Except in your fic, he is almost protecting her from himself.

She was right to taunt him about how many boys she was authorised to be with. Jealous Bender is a sexy Bender. Methinks he does not share well. Am I juvenile to pray for some sort of jealous encounter, with Bender warning off some hideously tanned George Michael wannabe? Probably.

And the eventual words, "Every. Fucking. Thing." Oh, God, I died.

I'm left wondering if Vernon is indeed going to get in touch with Claire's dad, and make trouble for Bender's disgusting parents. I'm wondering what sort of gorgeous dark, beautiful unspoken gesture Bender is eventually going to make to announce to the world that she is his. I'm hoping she's going to flip her friends the bird and walk away from them. I'm hoping for more cashmere sweaters, more of a glimpse into this beautifully broken Bender, more of Claire breaking down the constraints built around her, more kissing, and lots more updates.
dormant user chapter 7 . 9/5/2009
ha, another awesome chapter.

I just LOVE how you're true to characters and how John is not suddenly this sweet-smitten guy, but - it's still John and he's a little bit mean and stingy, but - the chapter is just so well written, John's POV is very authentic, everything - the dialogues, the tension and their almost-argument, it's just .Words.

(plus - you ended the chapter in perfect moment. Or perfectly sadistic, that is :) Please, post another one soon)

This story is really addictive, I must admit it :)
dunderdunfer chapter 6 . 9/4/2009
Wow. This is amazing.

I love how you've developed the John/Claire relationship. The office scene in particular- GENIUS! Most other stories work on getting them alone in some unlikely situation (and usually fizzle out from there) whereas this is truly amazing! As someone else has said, this really is like a sequel to the film.

Also, I have been such a lurker. I would have reviewed sooner but I had problems signing up. Keep up the awesome work!
HKgirl chapter 6 . 9/4/2009
Brilliant story. Really hope you keep up with it, as it's so well written, and lots of fun to read :o)
idon'tlikepeople chapter 6 . 9/4/2009
I really can't wait for the next update... Please update soon!
dormant user chapter 6 . 9/4/2009
The amazingness. I don't know it there's even such a word in english (it's not my first language), but, well, it is amazingness indeed.

BUT - how could you leave it like that, end it in such moment? :) Yeah, it'll better be John who walked in there at the end of the chapter. :)

But now seriously , I think that the whole scene Bender-Vernon, this conversation they had- it was pretty good, I mean, it's very realistic and as over-the-top as Vernon might be expected of.

The last part of the chapter, when Claire is waiting there and having all those rather bitter thoughts - it's so insightful (again, there might not be such a word, heh). It's not just typical Claire "oh-I-wanna-make-out-with-John-and-nothing-else-matters", it's much more complicated and Claire would not be, well, Claire, if she were so one-dimensional.

And, OF COURSE, the way you write, your narration - it just makes me jealous that it's not me who wrote it :) I mean, the story you came up with is cool, but it wouldn't be that cool if it wasn't for the language and, even though it sounds very officious - 'narrative skills'.

PLEASE, don't leave us waiting here. Post next chapter (chapterS, really, loads of them, heh)

The Black Arrow chapter 6 . 9/3/2009
I loved these bits:

"John was pretty impressed by the variety of textures his hate for this man could take on."

"Really, what did make him think he could look at, much less touch, a girl like Claire Standish? Maybe a kiss in a closet or cop a feel of some rich fabric in a doorway. But really touch her. John Bender looked at his own hand. He had to admit. It seemed pretty unlikely."

A little cliffie there, but they're necessary to keep us coming back for more! And come back I will! Promise! I know very well that writing is a process, but if it makes it feel more worthwhile I'm sure there are lots of people reading this- if only they would review, that would be just super. Lurkers- it doesn't take much to write a short note to say you enjoyed someone's efforts!
Snicker212 chapter 6 . 9/3/2009