Reviews for Your Boy
Kingswallow chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
You can pretty much peg me down as a gigantic sucker for anything that follows the family genre and is related to any associated thematic content. I'm not complicated in my adoration of family-themed fics, but I am discerning in which ones compel me the most.

With this piece, you got me: hook, line, and sinker.

The various relationships Naruto has with his authority figures interests me to no end, but it is his relationship with mentor Jiraiya and former teacher, Iruka, that really garner my interest. I enjoy seeing the both of them explored in the manga and through fan work, and I feel like a kid at Christmas having the both of them wrapped up all in one charming piece.

Although I tend to think of Iruka along the lines of a much older brother, in keeping with the manga, I cannot deny that their relationship is so unique and profound that it doesn't really fall along a specific delineation, which is fine by me. The strength of their bond is what matters, and Iruka's unfailing concern and devotion to his former student always touches me. Although all students eventually graduate, and Iruka is beginning to undervalue himself as a role in Naruto's life as he gets older and associates with other people, you really underscored his continued investment in Naruto's future and his frequent thoughts and concerns. Iruka will always be there to welcome Naruto back and take him out for a bowl of ramen, and even though Naruto is growing and changing, their relationship will stay the same (more or less).

Kakashi's deference to Iruka is perhaps a little off-cue in the context of canon, but in the realm of fanfiction, it is most a most welcome development and very sentimental. But then again, Kakashi always manages to surprise - and he doesn't miss much. Either way, it was very touching - Kakashi's sensitivity to Iruka's feelings and Jiraiya's conscientiousness.

Very nice interpretation; well done. Thank you for sharing this.
LonelyDreamer7 chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Gah, the amount of sappy and fluffy feeling is overwhelmingly good to my heart!
Trying -Helps chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
That was nice, sad in a way but nice. I really like the part where the Sannin just mentions needing to train Naruto in the wilderness for a few years. Sounded crazy in a funny way. Thanks for writing this story.
Take the Good Person Test, fourth search result on Google for "Good Person Test."
mndstjohn chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Cute! Keep up the hard work!
twilightromance4ever chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
how sweet! I really liked it!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Iruka's confusion over the phrase 'your boy' is amusing and cute. Great little one shot.
Hopeful Puppy chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Awwwww! That was brilliant! I've always thought that Iruka did fade into the background after a little while but you've brought him back nicely! Well done!
Falcon-Rider chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I loved this look at Iruka and Naruto's bond. Great job! :)
Short-Anime-Lover chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
This was an awesome fic! I didn't really notice any grammer or spelling problems while reading, which is good. So yeah, great job! It had me go "awe" at the end. One of my co-workers read it and he said it was pretty good. (He had wondered why I awed).
Broken Sexed Up Bloody Kitten chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
hi! loved so much!

one correction: it's sensei, not sensai.
de orga chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
aw..so sweet. i just love to read about naruto-iruka father-son relationship. it is like 2 lonely people compliment each other perfectly. nice one-shot! love it
Piper Julian chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Very well done:). Very sweet!
snowecat chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Very sweet, I liked it.
Michelle18 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Hey,

Just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed your story and wish that there were more of these. You make me want to write one myself but I don't know if I can do it justice the way you did!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 2/22/2010