Reviews for color me breathless
a quarter tone apart chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
This is so incredibly written. Emmeline is my favourite character ever, and this is just beautiful, I've read it over and over again.
in sync chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
fantatic. absolutely fantastic. you're making me love Emmeline like I never thought possible.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
The beauty of your pieces is always so breathtaking that I simultaneously want to leave a super long review saying everything I like about it and feel incapable of doing such, because if I were to tell you my favorite part I would have to just copy and paste the entire one-shot. Gah. Just amazing.
lyin chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
wow. this was fantastically written ~ chilling and rather depressing snippets of a life, that suggest a well-rounded story for a character who too briefly appeared before being killed off off-page, and your speculations for Emmeline's age sound right on to me. nice work! good luck & keep writing
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
This is really good - I love the character you've given to Emmeline, who is basically just a name in the books. I think you started it off beautifully - the first section is my favorite.
sleepy queens chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Once again, excellent.
ChipsPlease chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
This is really beautiful! I liked it a lot!
painted.inkblot chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
OhmygoshIdon'tknowwhattosay.

This is such a brilliant piece that fleshes out a person whose name and a quick description is all we get in the books. I loved the repetition of certain phrases, like the age and the things that to Emmeline came accompanied with death. Your prose is absolutely beautiful and makes reading this so enjoyable. I loved the eventual changing of minds, from the first part where Emmeline says "not yet," to the end where she lets herself be killed because she's been too long running-because she's been too long saying "not yet."

Ugh, I love this. Favorited.
JacksonFrost chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
I really like this story. It's a very powerful piece!
Nanaho-Hime chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Oh my goodness...there are no words to describe this. It was so incredibly moving and chilling and i felt myself tear up at the end. oh...it left me breathless...it was perfect, so emotional and epic last line, what an epic last line

verity candor chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Gorgeous. Really. The theme of burial, and Emmeline "tasting" death every time she runs from it is very nicely done. I loved the idea, and the execution even more. Brilliant.
blood sugar love chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
i enjoyed this. i like the progression of age, but the closeness of her thoughts - closeness of death, really - and the similarity of her experience, regardless of where in her life we are. : ) thank you ! i rarely read about emmeline; i might read about her more if she were always so well thought out. & well put, definitely well put.
CherryFlavoredChalk chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
AKJSDLISGDLK!

I'm becoming (less defined-THAT NINE INCH NAILS REFERENCE HAS NO PLACE THERE, GAWD, SHUT UP) less coherent as I view your HP writings, I seriously am. Mad love for Emmeline Vance and the other (reluctant?) heroes.

Be my bride. Please? We can travel to Traverse Town or stop by Diagon Alley for our honeymoon.

Hearts,

Icchan
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
This is fabulous! I love your introspective writing style, and your portrayal of Emmeline's fear of death is really well written. I really like your recurring imagery-"earth and leaves and maggots writhing in the sunlight", "green like mold and dying leaves", "you'd choke on the taste of mud and maggots", etc. The repetition of "when you were (age)" also works really well; it's nice to see how this theme plays out throughout Em's life. Great work!