Reviews for Just My Luck
chimaera198 chapter 34 . 1/15
Can you write a one-shot about the confusion all around with the people popping up everywhere? It would be hilarious
Lilah chapter 34 . 8/17/2013
Wow, this fanfic is just amazing!
Once I'd begun reading it, I couldn't put it down anymore. I love everything about it, the duels, the pranks, the ending,...
And I really like your writing style!

The only thing that bothered me was that you used Occlumency when it would have been Legilimency Dumbledore used. It's nothing himportant, just a little detail for future works.
moonprincess97524 chapter 13 . 8/14/2013
Oh my... Wow this is just wow. I love the fight.
Olivia chapter 13 . 8/14/2013
This fight scene was, in my opinion, absolutely fantastic.

It was not, as some are, boring or confusing; I was constantly surprised at the next advancement of the battle. It really kept me on the edge of my seat.

Well done :-)
IndigoDragonRider chapter 34 . 5/18/2013
I really like this! It's one of the best time travel fics I've ever read. What I liked best was probably that although harry was extremely powerful, he isn't like in most super harry fics. The power isn't such a big deal or something, or maybe it's just better explained... Anyway, it's great. In most super harry fics he becomes a bit arrogant and egotistical, and can do literally anything, even stuff that's not possible in any way, without any previous explanation or a reason for why he has those powers. In your story it just seems much more plausible. And I think that the marauders were very in character when they found out what Peter does. Their ostracising him was exactly what their canon selves would have done, because while they are awesome people they do have flaws. Again, I adore your story, this is going on my favourites list, and I'm pretty selective about the stories I put there, only the best make it. Thanks so much for providing me with the enjoyment that came with spending an entire day reading this wonderful story.
The403yearold chapter 18 . 5/11/2013
Id just like to say that the locket wouldn't be at the black's house at this time. It may not even have been put in the cave yet either, since regulus want a death eater at that time, and therefore kreacher wouldn't have tested the potion, and yeah. Just saying. Great story though!
The403yearold chapter 2 . 5/10/2013
Hogwarts was built one thousand years before, not two thousand
GF last time chapter 16 . 3/10/2013
(ok, I skimmed a bit more before quitting)

The 'front of their calves' - is their shins. OMG, I'd pull my hair out if I wasn't bald!

the 'flooding' was FROM THE BASILISK... and it's not OUT, so THE BATHROOM ain't FLOODED!
G Fawkes chapter 16 . 3/10/2013
7. Salazar Slytherin's Locket

90% probability that it is a Horcrux. Also helpfully, we know almost certainly where it is. (Number 12, Grimmauld Place.) However, getting it will be hard... blah blah blah...

Except Sirius is only 17 right now, and Regulus is considerably younger. Regulus IS NOT A DEATH EATER, YET and won't go and retrieve the locket from the cave FOR ANOTHER COUPLE OF YEARS!

So the locket is in the cave.
_

In a separate matter, Dumbledore DOES NOT HAVE the sword of Gryffindor to give to Harry. It came out of the hat, summoned from no one knows where EXCEPT THE HAT, and had not been seen in HUNDREDS of years.
_

I quit. I can't read any more, and the next time I attempt reading an author under 25 or so, someone shoot me!
G Fawkes chapter 16 . 3/10/2013
Mac Book Pro? In 1978? 20 years BEFORE any decent desk-top units were built? (my 1995 Compaq Presario was only 1 gig and cost $2700.00! Windows 98 was a HUGE leap forward, thus the 20 year comment)
Laptops aren't even thought of in '78. Computers took up entire ROOMS... BIG rooms! My computer classes in fall 1983 were done WITHOUT CRT SCREENS (the old, nasty monochrome (green) predecessors to today's full color monitors). We loaded paper cards into the card reader, in the OTHER room next to the computer. (there was ONLY ONE in the entire college), and got print-outs of our programs and results.

Again! and again! and again! You have to THINK before you write this sh-stuff!

Maybe you should research '77- '78 a little. I'm guessing if you're 16, even your parents were too young to remember. I was in 7th grade in 1977 (meaning I didn't know CRAP, and don't remember CRAP about that year... and I was there, kinda' )

p.s.- except that a '77 Chevelle was the most beautiful, bad-ass, awesome muscle car ever built! But I probably learned that in like, '82.
G Fawkes chapter 15 . 3/10/2013
"Actually act like Head Boy and finish your homework ahead of time?" Remus suggested.

Which would be a great idea... if you hadn't earlier said that James turned own the Head Boy badge AND even described the house colors of the HB/HG suite, when Harry stayed there his first night. Only you know why you didn't want James and Lily to be heads, like in canon. And really, it doesn't matter if they are or not. But if they're NOT in chapter one, then they're NOT in chapter 15.

You can't keep forgetting what YOU wrote. At the time you were doing it, it was two years from chapter 1 to the end. You HAVE TO RE-READ YOUR OWN FIC once in a while to keep consistent! Right now I'm reading in March 2013. Luckily, I didn't have to wait for your updates... I've got 54 OTHER fics I'm waiting on... but when it's been a while, and I can't remember what happened last update, I re-read a chapter OR skim a few real quick.

When a fic can be knocked out in a day or two, you 'gotta have your facts right.
G Fawkes chapter 12 . 3/10/2013
You had recovered nicely, and the story was MUCH better, up until this:

"Remus had been hit with a nasty cutting hex, and though Madame Pomfrey (who was still fighting at that time) had managed to patch him up enough so he wouldn't be in life-threatening danger - it would still be days before he could walk again, let alone fight"

followed up too closely by this:.

"...Bellatrix Lestrange, and who he thought might be Fenrir Greyback. These suspicions were only confirmed when he saw that Remus was attacking him with a vengeance."

HOW, if he's down and out of the fight, can he then recognize and attack his nemesis? Even further apart in the scene it MAY have gone un-noticed, but two short paragraphs was WAY too obvious.

Nothing wrong with going back in and taking one of them out (probably Remus getting hurt), then the other will be o.k.
G Fawkes chapter 5 . 3/9/2013
WTF? Portus is the 'port-key' spell and is either regulated or 'tarrifed' by the ministry. Homenum Revelio is great for a person hiding in a room... ok I guess maybe by the end of the year they MIGHT get that far in dueling to be doing it disillusioned (I doubt it!) The point is... THOSE are the spells you have Harry show the other kid? How about 'stupefy', 'diffindo', 'bombarda',' levicorpus' (ooh, Snape intrigue), 'petrificus totalus'... ACTUAL dueling spells? I will admit to being surprised you used 'ennervate' correctly, instead of 'rennervate' like so many do.
Your "tarrangula" is supposed to be 'tarantallegra'.
I can't remember the 'CoMC' teacher before Hagrid who quit "to enjoy his remaining limbs", but that teacher would NOT have taught his class at Hagrid's hut. Hagrid did because it's the only place big enough for him to live, AND it's outside the castle because he's the Groundskeeper. The other person PROBABLY taught in the castle, and THEN they went to the forest when needed.
So much for Volde-ghost 'meeting' Nagini in Albania after Halloween '81.
G Fawkes chapter 2 . 3/8/2013
Something got lost in the middle of Aberforth retiring and recommending Arthur, then later you blame something about Kingsley, who was never mentioned previously.

Oh, and I see that you're only sixteen, but in ANY world, if Harry is going on a dangerous trip back in time, Hermione's going to shag his brains out the night before, AND give him more than some chaste peck on the lips before he leaves. Just sayin'.
G Fawkes chapter 2 . 3/8/2013
Why take his Gringott's key? What he needs is to take a trunk full of Galleons and 'invest' it for the future. Can anyone even imagine 2000 years of interest. PLUS each Galleon would be a fortune back then. He would basically OWN the bank when he returned!