Reviews for No Place Like Eureka
Talon5Krrde chapter 10 . 10/22/2013
Very good story!

Is there a book two?
Independent Dude chapter 10 . 3/30/2012
Evil you, for doing that to Tess!
Eipok chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
"'Same reason I'm warning you in advance, that there will be shovels in your future if hurt him?' Zoe summoned a weak smile." Ah, got to love shovel threats. For some reason, it just doesn't seem as 'right' with Zoe using one as it does with Buffy or Dawn using one. I somehow don' think she'd be able to deadpan it a well as either of them. Still, liked the reference :)
Eipok chapter 4 . 7/27/2011
I know what Henry is thinking and I love it, hehe. He probably thinks that, one way or another, that Jack and Nathan ended up liking each other very much and doing...something...
Bobboky chapter 10 . 7/23/2010
ouch, poor Tess if Glory is still a part of Ben
mcgurrin chapter 10 . 6/19/2010
I like it
Allen Pitt chapter 10 . 5/27/2010
Ok so in this AU Glory is still active (and not very happy); Angel joined W&H to save Connor & the scoobies don't know about Connor, thus can't understand Angel's apparent sellout to Big Evil.. and now it looks like Glory has shifted over to that dimension. Ouch.
Quathis chapter 10 . 5/27/2010
InterEsting and scary as the Hellmouth. Where did Xander get to? Did he ditch the Hellmouth and the gang? Buffy and Willow seem to be coping better than their canon counterparts, though Buffy never died a second time here. Willow certainly seems better if she never went all "Big Bad" in this realm. Tess's choice of name for a boy was really chilling and that was the scary part. Nice story, enjoyed reading it.
Baughn chapter 9 . 3/10/2010
"Akashic field", was it? Right.. well, I've never actually watched Eureka (beyond the first episode), but I know approximately what Dawn is, and it ain't that. Avatar of yog-sothoth, more like... she might not like what she'll eventually discover about herself.

Hum. Assuming that Glory *does* eventually show up, the obvious way for this to happen would be for Dawn to try.. something... which gives her a signal to lock on to. But she might find that Dawn's less helpless than expected, in this case; Glory's ambitions towards using Dawn always struck me as somewhat like a fly clinging to a human to try getting around faster.

Likely to work, if you can avoid being swatted, but if she actually manages to attract the attention of Yog-Sothoth himself.. okay, that'd probably end with smashing the planet, but even just a slightly larger part of him than the semi-autonomous bit known as "Dawn"...
divad relffehs chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
I feel it is worth noting that the Monks of Dagon are well, monks of Dagon. Dagon being an anceint phonicien god of fishing and fertility, perhaps most notably a major god of the philistines(who were phonicien colonists). The phoniciens were greeks who colonised all over the mediteranian, for example the cathaginians were phonicien colonists. They are less notable within greek history perhaps then other greeks but in some ways they had a much bigger impact on history as a whole then any other single group of greeks.
Saffygirl chapter 8 . 1/4/2010
Awesome chapter!

Can't wait for the next update!
Jonakhensu chapter 7 . 12/3/2009
This is a wonderfully amusing story, even though I haven't seen enough of Eureka to get all of it. Now, fun question: I'm sure someone in that town has an altered perception of reality, so how long before someone begins panicking about 'Green!'?
A J chapter 5 . 9/17/2009
He he he, everybody remember to send Mother's day cards to Jack next year! Catch ya on the flipside, A J.
funvince chapter 7 . 9/2/2009
I'm rather curious at how close this group of science geniuses can get to the actual truth behind Dawn. I would think that eventually someone from the Sunnydale would have to come clear things up. But maybe that would make this story more complicated than you want it to be.

It's interesting that you're keeping the Eureka timeline as undisturbed as possible. Like how canceling the baby shower didn't keep those scientists from dying. But I would like to have Dawn have some effect by being in Eureka or else she's just a plot device or mystery of the week. Anyway, great story!
funvince chapter 4 . 9/2/2009
I really like this chapter. It obviously involved a lot of thought in making. It's an inspired idea to use Henry's time travel experiences to corroborate Nathan's theory. And I love the explanation that Dawn and the false memories was created by some yet unknown super-science. After all, being created by *magic* would just be absurd...

I can't help but be reminded by Clarke's famous saying. Or at least its corrollary. Any magic is indistinguishable from sufficiently advanced technology...