Reviews for The Loyal Man
HollyVanDerBerg chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Awwww poor Greg!
Al chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
I REALLY liked this short story! Excellant character exposition, fits well with canon, interesting idea(and good grammar, spelling, etc - a real relief after many of the fics I've read). I'm about to search your stories for more about Goyle (and other people, of coarse). Would LOVE to see a full length fic based on ths one.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
The downside of loyalty. How ironic for a Slytherin to be damned for not having been loyal to himself. Ironic and very sad. A powerful piece.
opaque-girl chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
This was very very well done D I loved how you characterized him..Excellent D
Tyche Nemesis chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
this is a great insight into one of the little known characters. i though goyle didn't seem cunning or ambitious enough to be in slytherin, and this is a great explanation as to why he got in.
Twisted Identity chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
That was a good story. I loved the insight into a rarely heard character. The way you wrote it is ironic in a way. If he had only been loyal to himself he could've turned out great. Being loyal only to oneself is written as a Slytherin trait and being loyal to other people is written as a Hufflepuff trait. If he had the necessary charecteristics to be in Slytherin he could have saved himself. I think in the end what also damned him is his environment. He gave his loyalty to the people around but he didn't have the cunning to see they weren't the right people to give it too.
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Aww, poor Goyle. I quite enjoyed this; it seems very realistic.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Oh, I do like this: the shadow side of the Hufflepuff virtue of loyalty, or why one should listen to the Sorting Hat. You made me feel for a character who's usually written as only a hair more intelligent than the furniture.
PenonPaperFingersonKeys chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
THis is really different. I pity him but think that he could have made his own choices.
Different Child chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Very interesting my dear and not something I ever would have imagined. Good work. You have a talent for bringing about different perspectives and different charries. )
silverbirch chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
That was interesting. We don't often see people thinking about Crabbe and Goyle and you did it in an intelligent way.

Duty, loyalty, "doing the right thing", "not letting the side down"...only following orders. They aren't that far apart.

You are correct; it damned him, but I can't feel sorry for him. What defines our lives is the choices we make.