Reviews for Not Just Any
anonymouth chapter 1 . 4/4
""Meaning that, having attended the Dumbledore School of Communication, you don't plan to share yours?"" / I love it when the staff are pragmatic about Dumbledore's... Dumbledoreness, instead of being sycophantic in their devotion to him.

"Puce Brown" / I laughed out loud.
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
That was good. I liked it :)
Very Small Prophet chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
The director of that film could have taken some lessons from the stage director of our local Gilbert and Sullivan Society. The members of the chorus are not just singing (or silent) wallpaper. Each chorister is an individual character with his or her own opinion of what the principals are doing at all times. And you can see those opinions, by their reactions, at all times. That is one of the things that makes live theatre so wonderful: everyone on stage has to be in-character and acting all the time, because there’s no camera to cut away.

The actors playing the four adults certainly knew their characters by the time the sixth film was made. The director should have been able to say, “Okay, you four react to what the kids are doing the way your characters would.” Dumbles would twinkle, Snape would sneer, Minerva would huff, and Sluggy would look the other way and pretend he wasn’t there.
thedarklordsfavoritedungeonbat chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
ha ha ha brilliant! Loved the ending!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I like it ;)

It's a shame they were just standing there!
Swallow B chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Yes, I enjoy watching the films, but I can't really take them as 'seriously' as the books. They are to different, especially that last one. But one thing I enjoy doing is looking at those people who are standing on the side and imagining what they are thinking. And it probably was something in those lines... Oh no, now I'm thinking of the end of the movie.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
My personal take is that the director let the grownups stand there like furniture because the teenage drama was supposed to be the interesting thing... and like you, I dissent. You've taken a directorial lapse and explicated it in terms of very subtle and grown-up naughty bits, for which I salute you.

And I take it as a lesson: the universe teems with writing prompts.
Missing Linka chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Interesting ...

I had totally different thoughts running through my head about that scene in the infirmary ...

When they talked about young love, Albus was looking at Minerva. And Hermione was looking at Minerva as if she knew something ... ;-)

I like Minerva and Severus as friends ...

THX

God bless you!

Thara
usiylover2 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Awesome! I love Severus's interaction with Minerva and the way they're friends, but still kind of rivals. And, I wasn't sure about their relationship until the very end! I love it!
Ysilme chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
I just re-read this as I obviously haven't posted my review at first reading. A delightful little story with an intriguing end, explaining this scene in the film very well. I really was wondering why on earth the director let stand Minerva and Severus just there, saying nothing, making no move and no guesture... a pity these people didn't realize that for lots of us, the adults aren't merely some illustrating "furniture" standing around.

Severus is so right, by the way - "daft bimbo" -ph... *rolls eyes*
Dormantness chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Ha! Very hilarious! I usually don't like SS/MM implications, but this...I loved it! :)
Leta McGotor chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Well, yes, it made me laugh, especially the "Dumbledore School of Communication" - it's great, really. You should write more.

Best wishes

Leta McGotor
maenadd chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
You touched on one of my greatest irritations in movies, and especially in the HBP: "secondary" characters freezing while the main characters encompass the entire space of the plot. Good for you filling the hole on this one! Besides, I always enjoy a well written MMSS sparring.
LisaT chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
*cackles* It's just as well I happen to love SS/MM in whatever form it may take - otherwise this scene would screw my brain henceforth...
aptasi chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
I just love it! I'll admit I can't see Snape saying all of these lines, but Minerva's voice is right on pitch. And it was so nice to see you write something light. Looking forward to more of your work.