Reviews for Whisperings and Truths
Spitfire303 chapter 1 . 3/30
Fantastic
othiara chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Oh, I love these two. You write them really well. And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who talks to myself at all hours of the night.
carlycarter chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
This is definitely another one of my favourites! I think we all tend to put more than a little of ourselves into the characters we write, that's part of what makes fan fiction so much fun.

I really like the way Myka acknowledges that she finds some comfort at being in the middle of nowhere, when she once found the prospect so detestable.

Really love the idea behind the fic too, that ep was screaming for more, so many things to explore, it's a shame that the show didn't make more of it, but then again it made for a lot of great fics.

I think it would have been a terribly frightening situation for anyone, but as you say in the story, on top of the incident with Sam, and all the guilt entwined in that, I think it was especially traumatic for Myka,

Love the scene where Myka is fighting the tears, trying so hard not to let the fear and guilt consume her, awww and then there comes Pete!

Also love the parallel you make between Myka and her father, the way she pretends she is fine, but knows the words are meaningless.

I also love that Pete knows she is pretending., but lets it slide, knowing instinctively that arguing at that point wont get him anywhere. Also love that when she changes the subject he just goes with it, understanding that she needs to feel like she has control over something, even just the conversation. I also love Pete for the way he opens up to her, telling himself that if he is honest, she might let him in in return, he really is the sweetest to put himself on the line first. And poor Myka she tries so hard to stay detached and rational.

Pete is just spot on, the way that his voice conveys concern but also a little light hearted teasing. I think if he had been overly concerned it would have scared her off she would have just shut down totally.

And I love the way she is clearly annoyed at him, but also recognises that he is being sweet and caring towards her. And still she is fighting so damn hard against opening up to him.

Aw poor Myka, it seems she has had a lonely life, feeling that she never had anyone to talk to, I think this also fits perfectly with her character.

I love Pete all the way through this fic, but mostly at the end- the way he offers to be there but doesn't force it upon her. I also love the way Myka just walks away alone, I think that's quite realistic too, a much better ending than letting her break down in front of him there and then. But it's still not a totally sad ending, because you describe that she now has hope, and it makes the reader think that maybe later on, some day, there is more to their conversation. Would love you to write more of this, but at the same time the ending is very powerful, leaving her in not such a desperate place but still quite alone. It's sad and beautiful and hopeful.
bonescastlewarehousefan chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
I love this story. Have you thought about adding to it?
Viktorija chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
I loved it:)
Doyle0915 chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
God that episode scared me. When he got electrocuted I muted the tv. Almost cried.

Brilliant story. Love it.
Penelope Louise chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
You should totally get obsessed ;) it's a good show :D Great story!
kaitebug chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
I love it.
Serenity Starke chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
I liked this. It was nicely done. It was nice to have the characters already have a sense of one another even though they have only worked together a short time. This was a good post-ep.
jayma chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Aw Myka and Pete! I hear them! Sweet fic!
ExpandingDarkness chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
"The words are drawn out in typical Pete-fashion, strong but gentle." and "Myka is both exasperated and amused; his questioning her can be annoying, but it's undeniably sweet when she considers why he must be doing it." and "The intensity with which he looks at her frightens her, and her emotions do another 180, again guarding her, keeping her from reaching out to him any farther." were the most powerful, in my opinion. Myka can feel the dynamic powerplay inside her mind and Pete kinda sorta knows this unconsciously I suppose. Very well worded and you created fantastic emotions for both Myka and Pete. Great job and I'd love to see more from you! :D
Deja and Darcie chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Excellent job with this. Burnout was a great episode, and this fanfic is a very nice touch. I love how you've included Myka's past and her family life into this, because I think it's a huge part of the woman she's become. And I like how you've made this a blooming friendship fic, rather than a hurried romantic type fic. You show how they're beginning to trust each other, or at least want to trust each other, in more than their job situations.

This was wonderful, and I hope to see more.

~Deja
autumn belle chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
you wrote myka really well. i think its a wonderful story!
Going Missing chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
That was great, and delightfully in character! It was nice little tag to an episode that definitely called for a little more. I'm glad someone wrote a Burnout tag. ;)

Great job. Welcome to the WH13 fandom; hope to see more from you soon.

~Taggard