Reviews for These Same Boots of Lead
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
That was just brilliant. I enjoyed going back to Two Stories. I think I laughed justas hard at Sam saying Oh God and watching the monster push s**t out of its nose as I did the first time. And flamethrower jealousy. Then I read this gem and forgot work, and everything else for a wonderful time. The right ammo to kill possessed bats, okay, I'm sucked in. Loved Dean's reactions to the puppy from first to last - and Sam's Girls always did like Dean better.

Phoebe
si-star-x chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
I had to google the puppy, and aww... they are cute! I want one. But just to cuddle. :-)

Amazing story. Perfect in every way.
bhoney chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
I was surprised that Dean stayed blind, but this was really well done. I liked the realistic portrayal of how the adjustment would be on both of them.

This was a great image: "what he likes best is to walk with his shoulder pressed up next to Sam’s, letting the proximity and the slight tells of his brother’s body – a twitch that indicates he’s going left, the hitch in his step that means he’s stopping – guide him." But it was good when Dean started to use the cane, too. And I liked how they handled meals. Very cool.
Harbour Master chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
gah! you have this uncanny ability to write the most lovely family/cutesy/domestic moments for the bros. Absolutely loved!
TheKritty chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Oh story broke my , the first part of this story where Dean became blind in the first place was great - but this was...was so heartbreaking and heartwarming and so full of...brotherly love and a little angst... .

It's the little things like:

"Dean’s green eyes focused somewhere over her head, the brightness directed at no one but the dusky streets."

- I had tears in my eyes reading that...I mean, it seemed to be SO real and authentic and it really could have happen in the show - theoretically *lol*. Sam helped Dean so much and there are some phsychological aspects in this story that really impressed Dean freaking out the first 4 days and then accepting it but also beeing depressive sometimes - when he gets all calm and non-talkative.

I also loved the idea with Grace Shithead - man, our beloved boys and a little tiny dog...what a picture.

Anyway, I really loved this story and the end was PERFECT. You described it all so well, so 'Supernatural' oh man the brotherly love blew me away.

Greetings,

Kritty
Mad Server chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Here I am, all trying to go to sleep, and here you are, all being brilliant and amazing and hurty at me. And with PUPPIES. Who lick Dean's long thumb. Agh!

Awesome and adorable.
Pallina chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
I loved this story just as much as the Drive Verse :) It made me laugh and well up (both great, esp. together!). Very well written, as all your stories are, and very true to characters. The dialogue was so great! Would love to see more chaps...maybe? Please? Either way, thanks for sharing :)
Gett chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Loved your story really cool .
masondixon chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Another very enjoyable Sam and Dean story from one of my very favorite authors. And this time they finally have a dog of their own :) I loved it. Thank You.
Trish62 chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
I've been on vacation, and haven't reviewed in a while, but wanted to say I've enjoyed your last batch of stories. I loved Sam and the jellyfish, and Sam getting the call from hurt Dean in the graveyard and now this - I love the dialog that goes on between the two. All really well done!
neonchica chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
You have no idea how excited I was to see this in my inbox! I took an early lunch just to read it - hehe. Great work, as is always expected of you. You paint the picture so well, and the fact that you love to torment and torture our most favorite green eyed hottie just as much as I do makes your stories doubly awesome! Please tell me this concept will become a continuous story arc like your drive verse... I'm sure I could help with 'situations' if you're in dire need! LOL. Love it! Can't wait for more of this or the drive verse!
Wicked Rebel chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
awesomeness

Lora
BeckaBoo1735 chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
okay, after wating marley and me this was so perfect! is there more? i'd really love more...pretty please x anymore? ps. lov the name lol. lov grace! and shithead...very dean x hahaha
drkstormynite chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
The End?

This was a wonderful story!

While not great that Dean didn't get his sight back, the story was well written and full of the brotherly love that we were sorely lacking this season!

Thanks for sharing it with us and for helping us pass this terribly long hellatus!

Maz101 chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
I went back to re-read the angsty fic that precedes this and yes it nearly had me welling up again. I like the calm acceptance and development that Sam notes in Dean. Can't say I like the little dog all that much (a little dog with a jingly bell?...and Dean?...Hm, I dunno ...)but it did the job for Dean and the fic (and it's one of yours) so all's good.
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »