Reviews for Somewhere Else In Gotham
ohmygodzilla chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
To see Bruce actually pondering over the way he and Joker are so similar yet shaped so differently made me so reclusive in thought. This is truly a great story you've wrote out. I'm deeply touched by everything.

What I love about this the most is how you gently point out these things that create epiphanies in people's minds and set off a balance that kind of tilts your head while reading. "-the masks we create often start to run amok and develop little lives of their own-" simply struck me because this is exactly what describes Batman's and Joker's masks.

Their masks have created a whole new and open person that only they can truly define and masquerade as a completely different person than who they are.

This story should have more views, favorites, and reviews. I don't know how anybody could possibly pass this up. The summary even captivated me into clicking on it!

Ugh, how I wish this would get more recognition. Though it looks like a really short story that maybe a lot of people don't want to read, it's so good. You're an amazing and wonderful writer. Please, keep up the great work!

-L.R.
SavvyJackie chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
This is brilliant.

Especially because of the fact that it's second person.

And it's a good take on interpreting the truth of Batman.

:-)
Samhains chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Wow... I'm extremely glad I've found you. I've never read a one-shot (or anything on fanfiction, for that matter) that has been written in second person. I'm sure it must be very difficult to do, but you do it so extraordinarily. As HoistTheColours said below, this is absolutely PHENOMENAL. Without a doubt this is my all-time favorite Batman one-shot. Now, you even have me trying out the second person one-shots. You are definitely added to my favorite author's list, and this story...

I don't know where to begin, and I don't want to waste your time with a five page long review complimenting everything that you've written. There isn't an insult I could possibly say about this. Again, amazing job. I hope you bless us Batman followers with another piece of your literary work.

-Alyssa.
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Darn it, now I want to watch the movie again. Your use of the second person seems to fit the subject like a glove. A very well done one-shot.

Hurrm. I believe a favorite is in order.
jokergirl4ever chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
wow, i love these stories when the writter draws parrela between them .
Alpha Bravo Charlie chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Wow, this is brilliant. I can't believe this doesn't have more reviews. And the last line was perfect.
Absoluteroro chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Lovelovelove it.

The parallelism between the Joker and Batman is undeniable, and you've capture it very well.
deceasedacct chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
There are seriously too few reviews for this story. It's pretty unfair, because you have written a very, very good fanfiction here.

I love the contrast between the Batman and the Joker, and I love the fact that they (or at least, Bruce) imagine what the other is doing. It clearly emphasizes how they are both very different and very alike.

The part I loved the most is the description of how Batman's real "identity" is, in fact, the mask itself - you captured the sensation very well.

Great job.

All my best,

-CHM
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Whoa.

I am so . . . speechless. Wow. I don't even know what to say. This was without a doubt, absolutely phenomenal - and I really, REALLY mean that.

First off, why don’t you have more reviews? I mean, this is an amazing piece of work, I wish more people could see that. Would you mind if I posted a link for this story on my profile? I get quite a few visitors on my profile, and I would absolutely love it if more people could see this. People NEED to read this peice of art you have created.

I totally love the similarities you were able to draw between the Joker and Batman. It’s so frightening to think just how alike the hero and the villain of Gotham really are. You brought that aspect of the story and put it right out on the table, and I loved that.

Another thing I loved? Just your overall writing style. It’s great. So quick and easy to read, yet detailed enough that as a reader, we can easily picture the scenes in our heads. It’s awesome what you’ve been able to create here.

I really love this part: ‘You step out of the suit and watch as the armoured plates clatter to the floor, too tired to really care.

Somewhere else in Gotham (one of the dodgier parts of the Narrows, you’d always imagined), he steps out of that lurid, purple suit and watches the fabric crumple to the floor in a similar manner.’ –I can’t tell you enough how much I loved these lines. Absolutely brilliant.

‘Because, although the cowl hides your identity, Bruce Wayne is the real mask you wear.’ –Whoa. What an insightful thing for you to point out! I feel like I just had an epiphany. Your understanding of Batman (and the Joker) seriously blows my mind.

In conclusion then, I would just like to say that I am so glad that I stumbled upon this. You have seriously rendered me speechless. I wish I could say more wonderful things about this fic, but I’m at a loss for words. Just know that I thought this was fantastic. Really, really, really fantastic.

Keep up the awesome work!

Most Sincerely,

HoistTheColours
fireysmoke chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
This is actually very good. I wasn't expecting much but you surprised me. Well done :) -x-