Reviews for Minerva's Story of Harry
MinervaDeannaBond chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
What's the deal with that review trashing McGonagall? I thought you did a wonderful job capturing her feelings for Harry! I've always thought that she had a beautiful heart beneath that stern outer shell, and that she really did love Harry, but she could never show it for fear it might be used against her or perceived as weakness. Let's not forget that Dumbledore was the one who left Harry with the Dursleys while McGonagall fought for a safer place for him (if that's not showing care and concern, I don't know what is). As for that whole "Harry didn't go to her" thing, he rarely went to ANYONE with his troubles, and if he did, it was hardly to a teacher, it was usually to Ron and Hermione. When it came to the tragedy in his life, Harry was very introverted - very much like McGonagall, come to think of it. She rarely spoke of her own tragic backstory and didn't show her emotions because she didn't want to seem weak.

Okay, I'll climb off my soapbox now. I just had to get that out, in defense of you and of McGonagall's character. I thought it was a wonderful story; brilliant work!
Soulless Huntress chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
I was almost in tears reading this. We all know that she probably had everything bottled up. I just glad you were able to put into words that the stories left unsaid. Thank you for writing this.
Broadway Babe WA chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Hey this was really written. Great one shot, I love it. ]
Aleize Claire chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Please continue! This is so good!
Aleize Claire chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Please continue! This is so good!
LillyPheonix chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Just found your story. It was full of compassion, with a mix of angst. All in all, I liked.
Merida Hughsie chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Pretty brilliant story! Don't leave me there please. I mean Minerva isn't dead yet so Harry has still a lot of time to get to know her and more about his parents. Maybe bring in Petunia and Dudley. Harry going to their hiding place, kicking Vernon where the sun don't shine and rescuing his aunt and cousin. Dudley already made a step towards him.

Love the story.

LG Faithful Magewhisper
ceara1888 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
I loved this story, though you made me cry. I hope you continue. I would love to see more Harry and Minerva.
deathy-cool chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
I really like your story, its different then others. McGonagall was always shown as the hard professor she really needed to let go and cry.

Deathly_cool
Alex chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
It was okay until you got the part about Harry feeling guilty. She is his teacher and not supposed to be his friend. Unless she had decided to take a more involved role in his life (which obviously she didn't, preferring to leave him to the Dursley's 'tender' mercies), it would have been inappropriate for him to try to 'get to know' her personally.

As for everything she has done for him, I wonder what in the world you are talking about. Sure, she said she would help him in an attempt to defy Umbridge, really there is not much besides that. She refused to listen to him in first year when he told her that someone was going after the Stone. She has never offered him any kind of counseling even after all of the traumatic events to which he has been subjected. Harry tried to tell her about his detentions with Umbridge and she just blew him off. Talk about the failure of an adult to take the concerns of the children in their care seriously. He was being physically abused by Umbridge and she just told him to keep his head down! Finally, she let him be verbally abused and mistreated by a fellow teacher (Snape) for years without doing a thing about it.

In my opinion, McGonnagal has never fulfilled her duties as a head of house. Maybe if she had been more approachable and actually paid attention when her students spoke to her, Harry would have been more inclined to come to her when things were wrong instead of handling it himself.
kate chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
interesting story. I like the interaction between Minerva and Harry. I really hope tath you will continue this story. I also enjoy the fact tath Harry realized that Minerva isn't always strong like he thought.

Keep going, dear.
Glittersong chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
I like it. I always enjoy stories that give depth to the characters that most people just kind of take for granted.
MinnieKat chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
oh yes I DO want a sequel! good story so far!
Jessalynvix chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
this looks like it could be interesting to see developed into something more then a one-shot
Xemnas Swan chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Keep Going! It is really good!