Reviews for Gone Today, Here Tomorrow
Moo Marie chapter 11 . 10/23/2009
I really loved the main story. It was a nice rebuilding sort of effort for everyone involved. And liked bringing Ianto's sister into the group. I really liked her character.

And you were also right about the epilogue.
Moo Marie chapter 4 . 10/23/2009
I was going to wait to review until I'd finished the story, but I had to let you know that the end of this chapter gave me the chills - even though I knew what was coming.
Kate Andromeda chapter 11 . 10/9/2009
Great story. I love how you described Jacks slow way to healing. To bring Rhi to Torchwood was just brilliant. Thanks so much for writing this.
SA3466996 chapter 11 . 9/15/2009
This is actually a beautiful beginning to a new Torchwood. I hope you continue in this verse as I'd like to know more about Cene.
SA3466996 chapter 9 . 9/15/2009
Very powerful - wonderful descriptions.
SA3466996 chapter 8 . 9/15/2009
Gripping. By the way - the Rhys, Gwen, Jack moment was perfect.
SA3466996 chapter 6 . 9/15/2009
Jack and Rhi's conversation had me a little choked.
Galadriel1010 chapter 11 . 9/14/2009
Nice :) I like Cene, although I'm not entirely certain what it is he's figured out :S

Loving the way Torchwood is moving forwards to where it always should have been, really. Shame Ianto couldn't see it :/

Orion Lyonesse chapter 11 . 9/13/2009
Brilliant indeed!

Loved the last chapter. Like this new world order for Torchwood. Love the characters and their directions.

Please continue on this timeline?
Orion Lyonesse chapter 10 . 9/11/2009
Oh, well done!

You know, it's hard to read that small print on the computer while crying. I had to empty the dishwasher to stop crying.

Jack's reaction to his bunker was spot on! And his reaction to her tidying up and making it livable again without hurting him further, then the two comforting each other. She stood in for the rest of us fans.

I love the character of Rhi and obviously you know a tidying-up woman/mother. The reasoning behind her choices I didn't see coming. Had forgotten Ianto was probably there. So sad to think of Rhi visiting him in that cold place.

Good reasoning of why she'd know the archives and nice touch about the system Ianto had of following Jack's deaths, with all the other "important" business relegated to normal filing.

So Martha has to go back to UNIT. Drat! I like having her around. So who comes along to replace her? Hm...possibilities there.

More please? You said, I think, there was another chapter in this story, but please consider writing on in this universe you've started. It is interesting and definitely worth exploring.
Galadriel1010 chapter 10 . 9/10/2009
Aww Jack. Nice chapter, although I'm not fond of the idea of Rhiannon taking Ianto's place at Torchwood. It's too *makes square gestures with her hands*. Creepy, actually, she'd be living in a dead man's shoes - and how much worse would it be that they were her brother's.

Nice closure though, just not one I can buy.

Ravenja70 chapter 9 . 9/9/2009
simply beautiful
Ravenja70 chapter 7 . 9/9/2009
" “You know, Jack, you can be quite dangerous when you wish to be,” she said, earning a curious look from him. “And when you don’t wish to be, your words can be a lot harder than your bite.”

Jack stared at her in astonishment as she gave him a jaunty salute and cheeky grin as she sauntered away.

Holy hell. Was he going soft? "

Fabulous! :-)
Galadriel1010 chapter 9 . 9/8/2009
Oh wow! That's genius

Orion Lyonesse chapter 9 . 9/8/2009
I was trying to go to bed when a chapter ended with "we". Now it's 1:30 am. I just couldn't stop!

On the whole I enjoyed the story, though I felt it could have been edited tighter, especially the stake-out portions. Nice the way epiphanies occurred. I like Lois a lot.

I liked the integration of Jack and Johnson. Also nice to see Rhi and Mica again. I wonder if Rhi is super organized like Ianto and would care to organize that place? She'd make a really good recurring character with strong opinions and motherliness to add to the mix. Lois developed nicely and it was good to see Martha again.

Is this the end of the story? It feels like there should still be some mop-up, though the last lines of Chapter 9 would be a good ending.

Nicely done. The whole thing read like a good Torchwood episode.