Reviews for Origins
Qaths10 chapter 2 . 9/21/2012
I hope continued

actually I woke up very curious about this fic

and I like the way how you write

and

Sorry for writing but my native language is not English hehe
tharuka chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
awesome etory! i love the 'prequal.'ish nature. nao for chapter 4! keep rockin
MissIzzyB chapter 2 . 11/13/2009
Really nice. They all went through hell, didn't they...
Slath-Schyte chapter 2 . 11/13/2009
vote for natsuki of course! ara...i mean...please lolz
lostinafeeling chapter 2 . 11/12/2009
This would have been an interesting take on Shizuru but I found it a bit cliche as it uses a lot of fanon perceptions. One being her financial status which many just assume she comes from wealth. There is nothing in the official Mai Hime bibles and data books that indicate any of this and her behavior (while very ojousama-like in front of her fans) is rather "country-bumpkin" like around people like Haruka (Haruka has indicated this as well). So far the only confirmed rich person is Haruka, especially when her family were the only ones in charge of the school's reconstruction at the end of the series.

The other person of mild wealth or rather a "trust-fund baby was Natsuki confirmed by a chapter in "Natsuki no Prelude". She's one of the few that are 'not' on the Kazahana Scholarship indicated by the fact that her father is an owner of an import/export company (She receives huge montly stipends from her father to pay for her expensive hi-rise apartment and other expenses like her bike and maintenance). Natsuki's traveled around the world with her father when her parents were still together (also the time she learned of her father's infidelity)...hm, maybe that's something you can list in her 'origin'.

But back to Shizuru, fanfic authors seem to always depict her of mixed lineage as well based on the color of her tresses which I also agree is blond but rather a dark/dirty blond. This is easy to determine since the manga and novel's illustrative tones depicts her as such and it's a common practice to illustrate extremely light haired people with fewer to no screentones. So yeah...dark blond...definitely not brunette like Angelronin had claimed. But regardless, different colored hair is only utilized to differentiate between characters unless a different nationality and/or ethnicity is stated. It just denotes individuality within a series.

Oh and speaking of hair, hopefully, when you actually, get to Natsuki's origin, you'll avoid the other fanon trope such as viewers only seeing her hair as 'blue'. In official data, her hair is confirmed as 'kuro' which translates to black.

Even without the usage of such official facts, it would have been nice to read an 'origin' concept that doesn't fall along the typical Mai Hime misconceptions or tropes that most gaijin seem to base these characters off of due to not being able to properly identify with them (lol, my run-on sentences - typing this at 5:30am). It's a common practice here but since I enjoyed your other work, I'm just a tad disappointed. You're one of the very few author's that have stories worth reading. Regardless, I'll be placing this one alert since I'm curious as to what direction you'll take with other potential chapters.

-Lone Wolf

一匹狼
Ookami Z chapter 2 . 11/12/2009
Wow that was really good! Thank you for listening to my request :)

I want to read Mikoto's but I also want to check out Natsuki's. I bet hers will be really awesome :P
angelronin chapter 2 . 11/12/2009
Well it interesting take on Shizuru's origin since there little information about her. Shizuru being part Russian is nothing new and she isn't blonde she's a brunette by the way. I'm looking for on Mikoto's origin
Ookami Z chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
That was soo sad but so well written. I look forward to more. I wish u could write about shizuru soon please :D
angelronin chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
You took parts from anime explaining how Mai's mother die rescuing Takumi and her father hatred for Mai blaming of their mother's death since he dies from grief and pushing himself to order to forget his wife death. (The manga version both die and the anime one didn't elaborate how he dies) Mai felt indirect responsible of her mother's death and Takumi heart condition. BTW Mai start of first year of high school at the beginning of the show and she graduate from junior high school