Reviews for Bright Ribbons
Ender The Time Lady chapter 8 . 1/23/2011
Nice. they should try that somethime.
Ender The Time Lady chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
You are an incredible writer. I found myself getting scared at the same time as Darra. You are the most talented writer i have seen for a while!
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 8 . 12/12/2009
It sounds like the Jedi are slightly Amish. *hums Living in an Amish Paradise.*

By the way, Master Adi Galla and her cousin are both Jedi but they wear veil or veil like coverings on their heads.

Not having mirrors would hard for the males of any species that grows facial hair when they wish to shave.

I would also think that a Jedi student wouldn't need a note to explain tardiness to classes since the teachers could feel the truth through the Force.
lionesseyes13 chapter 7 . 12/8/2009
Great job again. I love the lesson, and I can't wait to see what Darra's present is:) Keep up the good work!
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 7 . 12/7/2009
She was late by two minutes on her first day and all she had to go on was 'be there by dawn?' In my opinion that's good.

Jude Watson's Jedi padawans are really pathetic if Ahsoka can hold her own against opponents like Asajj Ventress and General Grievous. Especially seeing that Grievous has killed Knights and Masters
lionesseyes13 chapter 6 . 12/1/2009
This was a nice chapter. I'm glad that Tru was finally chosen, and the conversation between them is really great, because finally the stress they are under is gone for awhile. This was a sweet chapter, and I can't wait for the next one.
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 6 . 11/30/2009
Nice friend talk.
lionesseyes13 chapter 5 . 11/17/2009
This may have been short, but it was as good as ususal, Makayla. I love Darra's joking comments about the Temple food coming from the sewer, which reminds me of college food. I also liked her guilty thoughts about being unworthy of being a Padawan as she rushes off to see Tru once she learns that he is in the sick ward. Great job again, and I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 5 . 11/14/2009
For some reason I can't quite see the Jedi feeding refuse to their students.

And I still don't believe that the Agri-Corps exist
lionesseyes13 chapter 4 . 10/7/2009
Great job with the chapter. The battle between Darra and Tru seemed fine to me, and I liked the whole conversation where Soara asked Darra to be her apprentice and your explanation of why Soara left the Temple. This was a really nice and long update. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 4 . 10/6/2009
Padawan braids? Sweet!

When your young you reveal a lot about your wants, fears and desires.
rachii1701 chapter 2 . 10/6/2009
Very good! Once again, your grammar and punctuation are excellent. Darra was very in character, at least in my opinion. My only comment is that you may want to put Darra’s thoughts into italics. I don’t know if there is an actual rule about italicizing character’s thoughts, but I believe that most novelists italicize them anyway.

Great job! Now I have to go read chapter three… D
lionesseyes13 chapter 3 . 9/28/2009
I'm really glad that you finally posted the next chapter of this, Makayla. You did a great job writing Darra's battles with Reesa and Taro. I liked how you showed Darra's compassion when you had her feel sorry for burning Reesa with her lightsaber and when you had her help Reesa over to the cold water after she won the duel. I liked how you wrote Darra's inner turmoil when she wanted to win so she could be chosen as a Padawan, but she also didn't want to defeat Tru and potentially ruin his odds of being selected as an apprentice. It was really nice of Tru to tell her that they would both just do the best they could and let the Force decide things. Now, I just wish to see what the Force decides! Update soon, Mickey!
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 3 . 9/28/2009
Nice to see your back!

Darra seems as gentle as I remember her.

Keep up the good work!
Sithstrukk chapter 2 . 9/20/2009
:O I forgot about reading this!

The paragraphs were...a little better, I guess. But that doesn't really matter, it was still a good story.