Reviews for Second Chance
nrdhrd3 chapter 34 . 9/3/2013
That was way too cute!
spiritedghost chapter 3 . 1/6/2013
This is my second read through of your story in probably as many years, I am thinking I read this two years back. amazing story if I never said it before. Love the character development and your story line.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/4/2012
S
sro482 chapter 34 . 6/17/2012
Wow, what a great story. I have to say that you kept it engaging from beginning to end. That was a little different take on Lois but I liked it. Again, I really liked the story and I look forward to reading all your other stories.
BlakeM.D chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Lois I haven't seen you in a decade and a half and we didn't even know each other that well before, but I'm an 100 percent positive that I will spend the rest of my life with you. Yep. I'm a TOTALLY believable character. You obviously have talent Linda, but I REALLY think that maybe you should have developed your characters a little bit better before you tried to pull a stunt like that. There's no way that I or potentially many others are going to read 150k words of yours if you can make your main character so shallow he's 2D. I honestly think that with your obvious grasp of mechanics and other literary know how that you can do much better than this. I'm not saying that your story is worthless or that nobody could enjoy it, I'm just saying that ya probably should have developed Lois and Clark a little bit as characters before you decided to make them insta-soulmates. If you re-read this first chapter I'm sure that you'll see what I mean. I can tell by the length of your story that you are passionate about this world you have created, but as a reader I have no interest in carrying on. As an author it is your job to sell your story (not literally for monetary gain) to your audience and I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to accept or care about a relationship between your two main characters when it took you all of half of a page to introduce and solidify it. Your first chapter can be summarized like this.

I'm glad that I'm finally divorced from my wife of ten years. I couldn't stand it (but still put up with it for a decade for some reason). I think that to celebrate my new-found freedom I will go train in solitude in the Arctic for three years. Then I'll travel the world for two years. I'm back! I'll celebrate the start of my new life by having dinner with my friends, who I haven't seen for five years. Oh look, is that Lois? It's been half of my life since I've seen her but I can tell that we were meant to be together forever just by looking at her. Before I declare my affection for her to everyone at the table however, let me first tell them that I am a rational adult and totally not a shallow flake who would fall in love at first sight just so that I don't have to spend any time developing my personality or the reasons for my sudden and ludicrously strong affections. Hey guys, I'm gonna marry Louise! That's not her name? Fuck it, whoever that chick over there is, we were meant to be together. Did I miss anything? I usually don't flame stories like this, and believe it or not, I think that with your grammar skills you CAN actually write an amazing story. I send you this harsh critique because I am disappointed and felt that you didn't challenge yourself when you planned this story, and I would LOVE for you to prove me wrong. Don't respond to this unless it is to say that you are going to write a more sensible, coherent story. Good luck and I'm sorry for offending you, if I have. Don't stop writing and NEVER stop striving to get better.
LouisLame chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
So 15 years after... That's a long time to jump over with a few paragraphs, and that's where this story loses it's credibility. It's very hard to believe that Clark and Lois had no thought for each other for over 18 years and now suddenly Clark sees Lois and is in love immediately. Sorry, but it's not believable at all. This story also destroys Lois and Clark's very good friendship that they had on the show.
D.Arc chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Thank you very much for writing this story, finally i've read it all. This is wonderfull Clois Fanfiction. My favorite chapter was chapter 20, i think its amazing how you put into words regarding the feeling we felt when we attacted to someone. This is my favorite line, I quote 'no matter how much we like someone it's just an attaction there doesn't have to be a reason or even explanation'.
KillerElephants chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
I'm actually rereading this story. It is, by far, the greatest Smallville fic I have ever read..
Seme chapter 34 . 2/7/2011
I Loved reading this story. Excellent job!
imhooked chapter 34 . 2/2/2011
Just finished reading this story. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.
TIBP906 chapter 34 . 12/10/2010
This was an incredible story, I started from the beginning and read all the way to the end. I was captivated through and through, the Lois and Clark dynamic that you created in your story was powerful and all around believable. I laughed, I sighed, and I even got frustrated and some situations, but most importantly your story made me smile. I enjoyed every second I spent reading your story, it was absolutely beautiful all the way to the end. I want to thank you for writing this story,and though I wish there was more to read and enjoy I'm perfectly content with your incredible telling of a Clois story that captured me :)

CLOIS 4EVER
Sunsprite Rose chapter 16 . 12/7/2010
Just letting you know how much I'm enjoying your story. You are a very talented writer. I'm a huge fan of Lois & Clark and now that Smallville is on its final season I'm looking for ways to fill that void.

You wrote a very beautiful story, I really like your characters and cannot wait to finish it and hopefully to read when Lois gets 100% on board with the realtionship. I'm so glad your story is complete!
Insane Writer of Chaos chapter 34 . 8/26/2010
a very good, well-written piece of work.

I'm a little surprised that Lana didn't make any 'present day' appearances. Probably a good thing though... Lois may have decided that Lana's head would look very good on the floor and the rest of her a few feet away.

Anyways, bring on more Clois goodness... even if it's a bit on the smutty side :-D
DD1980 chapter 34 . 6/22/2010
Love, Love, absolutely LOVE this fic. A magnificent piece of writing but you already knew that.
NonOmnisMoriar chapter 28 . 6/14/2010
I think this chapter must be the best written piece of fiction I've ever read on this site.

Sometimes sad, sometimes fun. But completely beautiful

Stunning, absolutely stunning!