Reviews for A Smarter Hunt
Poet Wroet chapter 1 . 4/14
Well, the goblins surprised me. I was sure you'd go for house elves.
jpspring chapter 3 . 3/30
Thanks for writing. I found this story to be wonderful and very believable. Moreso than JKR's book. :) Keep up the good work.
DeltaMLP chapter 3 . 3/11
Yeah, fanfiction has ruined the original HP series for me too...
Tomon chapter 3 . 1/9
I must admit I find this story weak compared to the rest of your work. If I would review it as stand alone work I would said "good even if the goblins sort of took care of everything" but given how much I enjoyed the rest of your work... Average story still worth reading is my final word. Still thank you for that possibility :)
aheartofwords chapter 3 . 11/22/2014
I would loveeee to read more of this story, a continuation or epilogue of sorts but it is still perfect as is. You're right you know, this does make so much sense. The goblins helping, the change of approach. I really enjoyed this fic! Thanks!
nayin17 chapter 3 . 11/14/2014
I love your version of The Deathly Hallows. I also don like Albus Severus as a name. Thanks for writing another Harry and Ginny story
james.mattson.7 chapter 3 . 8/10/2014
Just giving you a well deserved congratulations on a superbly written story.
N Flamel chapter 3 . 7/21/2014
I'm not sure if you did this intentionally, but my guess is that you did. Toward the end of H and G's conversation with Snape in the hospital, Albus's 'plan' was described in very vague terms, the most telling of which is that he had been trying to lead Hermione to an understanding of one of the facets of his plan. It was obvious that DD had not given any of the Golden Trio anything specific. In contrast, we have Harry's plan, which was so precise actions were timed down to the minute, communication was open and widespread so everyone knew exactly what they had to do and when, and Harry's plan utilized many different people and resources, while Albus's used the Trio. Ad infinitum. What a great way to put DD and JKR in their place.

I really like an intelligent, proactive Harry, so this story was fun to read. Ginny was sparkling, Ron tolerable, but Hermione a bit too pushy for my liking but certainly within the bounds of canon. The goblins were written very well, especially Harry's interactions with Ragnok and Rocknose. The Commander's compliment to Harry was movingly written, and I'm sure will be a memory Harry will cherish forever. Altogether this was much closer to what I would have liked to have seen from the 7th book. - N Flamel
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Nice story!
puiwaihin chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Interesting approach to the end of the story. The writing was pretty good, but felt a bit rushed. I feel this would be better if you expanded on a few things you glossed over. Overall, though, this was very enjoyable.
serialkeller chapter 3 . 1/7/2014
Pretty good, although I think the idea of getting married immediately after finishing school is such a terrible idea and wouldn't be likely to happen. Other than that, good stuff, even if I think Ginny would never end up with harry most likely due to the fact that fics have destroyed any liking of ginny ever, sorry about that.
noylj chapter 2 . 11/14/2013
I think that Harry's problem is he thinks of terrorists as human.
They gave that up when they decided that terror was their weapon and innocents were to be their victims.
Terrorists are not someone else's freedom fighter.
Mommy3 chapter 3 . 10/4/2013
Thanks for the story! I've read it a couple of times now, but haven't ever reviewed for whatever reason. I liked this story, I liked that not as many "innocent's" where killed and that more of the death eater's were. I also liked that your Harry thought about the problem and planned for a better way to fix things. One of the things that I have a problem with the books is that Harry seems to lose whatever Slytherin cunning he has and is just a rash Gryffindor. He doesn't ever seem to use his head. Also, isn't he supposed to be Tom's equal? Tom was intelligent, powerful, and cunning. Harry is without a doubt powerful (patronis at 13), but what else? I love fic's that show him as more of an equal than the books did. So thank you.
Nytefyre chapter 3 . 9/23/2013
Involving the Goblins here has been much less of a fawning over Harry because he treats them with respect than other Goblin centric stories - which is a nice change and strikes a more "real" balance in my opinion. Voldemort's end was quite anticlimactic and the marginalization of Hermione and Ron was definitely more difficult with them still being present in his life. One problem with accessing an army of Goblins is that often it becomes too easy - almost a Super Harry story. You walked the line, but having Harry provide the distractions needed is certainly helpful - and the methods of removing and destroying the Horcruxes is both ironic, logical, and provides a sense of justice.

Thanks for posting.
lovemya2000 chapter 3 . 8/3/2013
I LOVED All Of. The Series. But I Like Your Interpretation Too! A Job Well Done!