Reviews for Day's End
Eyanid chapter 1 . 3/21
This is epic storytelling, very well done.
And by mistake, I have only read this last part of the trilogy, it is going to be hard reading the previous parts knowing where it ends though.

I wish when they were making TOB, they had followed your story. Epic fights, great ending but a very poor game overall, so obvious it was hurried out to cash in.

My only critisism is the lack of power developments for the characters. All of them are demi Gods, power wise, by the end. Fritha simple waving a sword around doesn't really reflect how powerful she has to have been for the final fights.
And where are the awesome spells that Anomen and Jahera can cast?

Thank you so much for writing this, once again, a really good novelisation of BG.
Humanism chapter 62 . 12/27/2015
A fantastic trilogy with great characterization and prose, with moments of humor and wit that kept it fresh. A job very well done. A minor critique for future stories you may write- some verbiage variation would be awesome. Some words, like "tripped" and "dearest", come up very often.
That aside, thank you for the lovely addition to the severely impoverished BG2 fiction.
DonkeyFromShrek chapter 62 . 8/19/2014
I read this story back in May and just read it again. I have to say that this is by far the best fan fiction story I have ever read. And I also count The Zenith and Sunrise in this too. You should seriously be a professional writer.
Roman chapter 62 . 5/16/2014
Thank you Blackcross-Taylor !

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire story from Sunrise to Day's End.
I absolutely adore Fritha, and the rest of the characters.
I'm even contemplating naming my daughter, if I ever have one, after her. lol

This was in all honesty the best story I have ever read and will always have a place in my heart.
It deserves to be published and placed on every bookshelf and library.

The emotions in this series were at times almost overwhelming, and the story so real that I felt I was right there with them all.

I was looking for a quick story based on a game I have played but ended up finding so much more.

Thank you.
Namor chapter 60 . 5/15/2014
Minsc. . . no !

Where's Boo ?
Reaver72 chapter 62 . 8/18/2012
Awesome conclusion to one of the best fanfiction series I've ever had the pleasure to read. The alternate ending really cracked me up as well.
Guest chapter 62 . 8/16/2012
Oh my! I'm sorry that I haven't been faithfully *at all* reviewing, but just wanted to let you know that I'm incredibly impressed with your writing! As always. And with the fact that you stuck with it and finished. I don't know about you, but any time I'm writing a sad or depressing part of a story, I have a hard time with continuing it. Maybe it's my "happily ever after" obsession. But considering that this story was in great part, sad, I'll say again... I'm impressed!

If you decide to post anything else in the future I'll keep an eye out for it because I truly think you write better than many I have read on FF. Thanks for your trilogy, although I think I'll always have a soft spot for The Zenith. Well done!
Guest chapter 62 . 8/14/2012
I'd gotten so dreadfully far behind that I thought I wouldn't catch up. Your chapters are, no contest, the longest sustaining writing to be found in Forgotten Realms fanfiction, and I trust a large portion of fan fiction in general.
From personal experience, I know that be a draining thing to keep up on, and you 'should' feel an immense amount of pride and pleasure in yourself for having the werewithal to see it through, and apart from the few things that didn't quite work (though even that is up to personal opinion, and is no less likely in published work) the story remained consistent with a good flow throughout.

I will confess I think I was hoping that just 'once' there'd be a well written Anomen romance, and was sad to see that become a sibling relationship, and wasn't 'quite' as taken with Solaufein. Though I did very much like your version, poetry not withstanding. You ended where you wanted to and stuck with it, that's the important thing.

There is far too much to review in one setting, but I can end it with this. You have accomplished what I dare say no one else in FR fiction has done. You finished an epic and did so while maintaining the high ground, never once falling prey to fan service (apart from some shirtless Solaufein scenes perhaps ;p) Even the bit with the gods, something that easily could've become cheesy, was handled to the point, and you actually gave us a happy ending. I long suspected you were going to produce angst right up to the end, so you not only surprised your betas, but myself as well.

Once again, congratulations my dear, on this monumental achievement. Your stories will forever be favorites on my page and in my heart.

-Love and Greatest Thanks,
The Empress.
katie chapter 62 . 8/13/2012
More stories should end in "Now... make out."
Can't believe it's over though. :(
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 62 . 8/13/2012
Congratulations on finishing such an epic achievement as this story! It might just be the longest BG fic, like, ever. :) I wish I could make a more in-depth comment, but I admire your dedication and the details you put in your writing, as well as the parts you've added to the Baldur's Gate saga. Though I haven't been a dedicated reader, I've kept seeing your fics around here, and you deserve hefty congratulations.
Kateling chapter 57 . 6/20/2012
I've really loved the last couple of chapters and the way you are bringing everything in to a close. Sarevok's revelation was very well done, as was Solaufein's insight into Valygar's character. I also love the maturity you've brought to Imoen, who sadly seems to be type-casted as the "eternal child" in just about every fanfic. In your saga, I want to hug her and slap her in turns, and *that* as far as I am concerned, is why I consider your writing so excellent.

Most of all, I believe that the closure you brought to the much mulled over Fritha/Anomen question that has been suspended over us for over 1 million words was perfect. The recognition of that intimate shift in their relationship was captured so beautifully in the line: "It had taken a long time. It had been a long while since he had told her of the resemblance so many months ago, but Fritha was finally his sister." It felt *right* - I don't know any other way to say it. I love their relationship all the more for this outcome.

As far as critique goes, I have two, very minor points. First, "The Watchers" was not the strongest of chapters. This is not to say that it wasn't good, but I felt that it was 1) quite rushed, in the sense that the party moved from crises to crises very quickly and apart from Jarrhe, the other mercs left absolutely no impression, and 2) that I think I was expecting a little more to come out of their detour to the Keep than what eventually did. Having said all this, the chapter was utterly redeemed by the aforementioned scene with Sarevok.

The second point of critique is that I am missing Jaheria's presence in the story, which isn't so much critique as me just being sentimental because she's always been a favourite of mine.

Like I said, very minor in the face of the whole experience which has been nothing short of a delight. The level of sophistication you bring to your characters is wonderful; they feel like old friends to me already and I cannot wait to see where you lead them next.

Minthis chapter 55 . 5/22/2012
It may not have been a chapter of utter horror, but never the less it was a great read.

A shame that Lum the Mad didn't make an appearance but considering that Fritha was stranded with a pick-up group (in mmorpg terms ;)) I would say it was a good thing!

A good take on Saravok too, I had not considered his reasoning to such a degree.

Looking forward for the next chapter, as always :)
Ceinwen chapter 55 . 5/21/2012
I've been so happy to see your recent updates. You may not feel that you captured a horror vibe in this chapter, but you did convey suspense and urgency quite well. Fritha is my hands down favorite fanfic BG protagonist ever, and I have to say that your treatment of Anomen is superb. You have taken what the game gave you, have not ignored it, but built a complex, evolving living character. I am torn, of late, between dying to see updates, and wanting this story to never end.
Lorenai chapter 51 . 2/20/2012
I must admit, I love your vocabulary. In two chapters I've read recently, I had met at least three words I'd never encountered before (I should never go with sentence like this, my grammar isn't very good). I just wanted to say I like your almost poetic style.

Regarding my thoughts about the plot, I feel that something big is coming. There wasn't much action in quite a while, the characters are at last accepting their future, almost without hope. Even Anomen seems calm and reconciled to his fate. I think soon enough something will happen that destroys that peace of mind. I hope the next chapter will come out soon! Best wishes.
Norishia chapter 49 . 12/21/2011
I so much enjoy reading about Fritha and Anomen together, too much for my own good perhaps. You seem to be drawn to writing about the dark and gloomy things in (the Bhaalspawn's) life. I'm still hoping for a happy ending for everyone... Thanks for continuing this story! I like your inventions for the characters, Valygar, Solaufein, Nalia - the whole bunch. Their actions and feelings don't feel too far fetched for the most part. I like your style of writing too. What is there not to like?